April 25, 2024, 03:11:03 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5  (Read 31250 times)

Psychopath

• Developer In Training
  • Stop telling me to do things
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 06:33:09 pm »

Current: 15hp/s for 4 seconds, heal rate increases by 10hp/s every sec over 3 seconds, 45hp/s
This: 15hp/s for 1 second, heal rate increases by 5hp/s every sec over 2 seconds, 25hp/s for 4 seconds, 45hp/s.

Basically instead of waiting for a long time then getting a really fast and high ramp up, you get a decently fast and high ramp up very quickly. A 4 second wait time is too long for heals to only start increasing, but you don't need 45hp/s heals either. This compliments gg2's fast pace by ramping up quickly during short breaks, and rewarding constant pressure. One second is a long enough interval for every class to attack except sniper, but really being a fraction of a second late will be hardly noticeable.
I also support/like this. And while we're on that topic can I suggest that the heal ramp NOT be affected by self damage? Healing explosive jumpers with 45hp/s during set up(or to get into battle, after spawn, faster) would help with carrying more players. Don't think that is broken since the pocket(s) is still limited to the medic's speed.

While playing around with the heal ramp, I found a big issue; uber was gained based on time(also taking into account whether any healing was going on) and not amount healed. This meant healing a recently damaged demo gave me a lot more uber than healing a demo who was damaged more than 7 seconds ago (3 times as much!).

It's like that in Team Fortress 2 as well.
Quote from: IRC
(8:01:46 PM) Psychopath: I'm just wondering what the next hot thing to fall on my lap will be
(8:01:57 PM) Lynn1: a girl maybe?
(8:02:01 PM) Psychopath: :o

Dusty

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Dust in a box under a table
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 07:20:46 pm »

So, how does the new lobby determine which mod is which?

Orangestar

• Veteran Member
  • That's why I didn't delete this account.
    • Clicky Clicky
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 12:18:53 am »

So, how does the new lobby determine which mod is which?
Legacy Gang Garrison 2 version or mod

why does it have this, when Mew's says "OHU Mewmod"?
The new lobby code tries to figure out some of the server information for "legacy" game servers from the name, e.g. player count and current map. I updated that to understand a suffix of the form " - <modname>" after the player count now, since some mods are using that format, e.g. "[ctf_truefort] My Server [10/20] - OHU".

Violet Link

• I am calm,self possessed.
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 06:15:18 am »

YES....! does beta version update??

I was once the young fireballs:) you know.Now,if I play GG2 or Randomizer Mod,I will be recongnized as _VioLink_.

derp.

Dusty

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:58 am »

So, the game doesn't know yet?

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »

So, the game doesn't know yet?
If you use the new lobby interface (port 29944), you include the game/mod name, version and URL in the registration packet that the server sends to the lobby every 30 seconds. I described the whole thing in some detail here.

YES....! does beta version update??
It was updated before the vanilla verison, just re-download. Maybe I should have made a new thread / version number for it, but I was very tired yesterday.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Dusty

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:53 pm »

Is that url, ect. found in the gmk, or defined by the server host?

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »

Is that url, ect. found in the gmk, or defined by the server host?
It's in the gmk, since it is supposed to be information about the game or mod.
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

le_j00s

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 01:46:36 am »

Why is it when I try to open the beta and even version 2.3.8, it says "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact application's support team for more information." Please help. This is the first time it happened.
I like pie.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 04:11:25 am »

Why is it when I try to open the beta and even version 2.3.8, it says "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact application's support team for more information." Please help. This is the first time it happened.
Because you post your bug reports on the forum.

When you report on Launchpad, please add when exactly it happens: Directly after the fake Steam loading splash, or after the Faucet logo. The only real change between 2.3.7 and 2.3.8 besides the changed lobby hostname is that 2.3.8 is built with the new version of Faucet Networking, and it will be important for debugging whether this happens on loading the extension or on its first use.

dAn

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 04:55:12 pm »

Idearz:
Could we have the uber percent shown in the middle of the uber bars( near the ammo hud and in 'healed by/healing:' bubble)? Just something I would like to see and would feel more polished. In addition, when you have 100% uber, the bars could be team colored(darker/lighter than the healing bubble of course) and/or flash slowly(like in Team fortress 2).
And for the place (in healing bubble), where the medic uber bar is shown, we could have a bar showing ammo for non-medic classes. I know you can see teammates' ammo in Lorgan's PL but these things need to be standardized.

Psychopath

• Developer In Training
  • Stop telling me to do things
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:31 pm »

Idearz:
Could we have the uber percent shown in the middle of the uber bars( near the ammo hud and in 'healed by/healing:' bubble)? Just something I would like to see and would feel more polished. In addition, when you have 100% uber, the bars could be team colored(darker/lighter than the healing bubble of course) and/or flash slowly(like in Team fortress 2).
And for the place (in healing bubble), where the medic uber bar is shown, we could have a bar showing ammo for non-medic classes. I know you can see teammates' ammo in Lorgan's PL but these things need to be standardized.
We're in a feature freeze at the moment. Our focus is polishing what we have for release.

However, that doesn't mean that features can't be foreplanned for future patches. Use Feature Requests if you want to get your idea better noticed.
Quote from: IRC
(8:01:46 PM) Psychopath: I'm just wondering what the next hot thing to fall on my lap will be
(8:01:57 PM) Lynn1: a girl maybe?
(8:02:01 PM) Psychopath: :o

Sentry

• Lucky Member
  • Bring back spinjumping
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

give deto an eyepatch

Oktoberfest!

• Chief Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »

give deto an eyepatch

I just realized that he doesn't have one.
<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

Sentry

• Lucky Member
  • Bring back spinjumping
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:02 pm »

its literally 1 pixel.

mite b cool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 35 queries.