March 28, 2024, 11:21:36 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5  (Read 30249 times)

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:12 am »

Or maybe purple, since, uh....

purple.
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

LowriderTR[LORD]

• Ottoman Boy
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 12:16:51 pm »

When I opened today, I said: "WHAT TO F*CK!?" When I see thread: "Oic"
Screw this. Wrong.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:20:12 pm by LowriderTR »

Wanna?

swag bastud

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 12:22:26 pm »

dAn

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »

Current: 15hp/s for 4 seconds, heal rate increases by 10hp/s every sec over 3 seconds, 45hp/s
This: 15hp/s for 1 second, heal rate increases by 5hp/s every sec over 2 seconds, 25hp/s for 4 seconds, 45hp/s.

Basically instead of waiting for a long time then getting a really fast and high ramp up, you get a decently fast and high ramp up very quickly. A 4 second wait time is too long for heals to only start increasing, but you don't need 45hp/s heals either. This compliments gg2's fast pace by ramping up quickly during short breaks, and rewarding constant pressure. One second is a long enough interval for every class to attack except sniper, but really being a fraction of a second late will be hardly noticeable.
I also support/like this. And while we're on that topic can I suggest that the heal ramp NOT be affected by self damage? Healing explosive jumpers with 45hp/s during set up(or to get into battle, after spawn, faster) would help with carrying more players. Don't think that is broken since the pocket(s) is still limited to the medic's speed.

While playing around with the heal ramp, I found a big issue; uber was gained based on time(also taking into account whether any healing was going on) and not amount healed. This meant healing a recently damaged demo gave me a lot more uber than healing a demo who was damaged more than 7 seconds ago (3 times as much!).

Something I recently saw in v2.3.7, and later checked in v2.4, was that an explosion is capable of affecting the physics of another friendly projectile i.e I saw a blu demo and a blu soldier shoot their weapon, at about the same time and angle, and in mid-air I saw a explosion suddenly appear inside of the rocket, causing it to turn 45 deg. upwards; we had no demos and the rocket didn't switch team color. Don't see any benefits except making a rocket turn around a corner (that kind of coordination and teamwork rarely happens, but then again so does this "bug"). Should this be removed?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:53:38 pm by IJumpIntoRockets »

Unsung Hero

• Seasoned Member
  • Classy Cynic
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »

I can only do so much, be patient. I'll push that commit to github as soon as I have some time available after I get home from work. It's not too difficult to change. I just need to adjust 2 variables to mess around with the heal ramp (or even adjust the base healing rate if it's deemed too low overall).

Swimming is all about speshul powah. I have mastered swimming in 721 different strokes.
Proud member of [PHS]

Ultros

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »

Lobby's down, but you should still be able to manually connect to my server at 24.36.98.140
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:16:29 pm by Ultros »
11:42 PM - Ultros: http://grooveshark.com/s/Faces/3h83um?src=5  Foooooooooolk
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: :0
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: this song has 3 fans
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: 2 of them are you

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:46 pm »

Current: 15hp/s for 4 seconds, heal rate increases by 10hp/s every sec over 3 seconds, 45hp/s
This: 15hp/s for 1 second, heal rate increases by 5hp/s every sec over 2 seconds, 25hp/s for 4 seconds, 45hp/s.

Basically instead of waiting for a long time then getting a really fast and high ramp up, you get a decently fast and high ramp up very quickly. A 4 second wait time is too long for heals to only start increasing, but you don't need 45hp/s heals either. This compliments gg2's fast pace by ramping up quickly during short breaks, and rewarding constant pressure. One second is a long enough interval for every class to attack except sniper, but really being a fraction of a second late will be hardly noticeable.
I also support/like this. And while we're on that topic can I suggest that the heal ramp NOT be affected by self damage? Healing explosive jumpers with 45hp/s during set up(or to get into battle, after spawn, faster) would help with carrying more players. Don't think that is broken since the pocket(s) is still limited to the medic's speed.

While playing around with the heal ramp, I found a big issue; uber was gained based on time(also taking into account whether any healing was going on) and not amount healed. This meant healing a recently damaged demo gave me a lot more uber than healing a demo who was damaged more than 7 seconds ago (3 times as much!).

Something I recently saw in v2.3.7, and later checked in v2.4, was that an explosion is capable of affecting the physics of another friendly projectile i.e I saw a blu demo and a blu soldier shoot their weapon, at about the same time and angle, and in mid-air I saw a explosion suddenly appear inside of the rocket, causing it to turn 45 deg. upwards; we had no demos and the rocket didn't switch team color. Don't see any benefits except making a rocket turn around a corner (that kind of coordination and teamwork rarely happens, but then again so does this "bug"). Should this be removed?
That has actually been there for a long time. Against enemy projectiles don't really see a point to it, but it's not bad either. Against friendlies it's pretty pointless.

If you want to expand on that mechanic i'd suggest it making the rocket destroy rather than reflect (against enemies).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:36:19 pm by trog »

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 03:41:24 pm »

I re-uploaded the beta with fixed lobby, please download again from the link in the first post.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Unsung Hero

• Seasoned Member
  • Classy Cynic
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:15 pm »

Has vanilla been updated yet?

Swimming is all about speshul powah. I have mastered swimming in 721 different strokes.
Proud member of [PHS]

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »

I'm working on it.
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:37 pm »

New vanilla version is out.

Oktoberfest!

• Chief Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

New vanilla version is out.

Hurray  :woot:

<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

swag bastud

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 04:17:57 pm »

Good.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

There seem to be several servers which just don't show up because they don't seem to be reachable. I checked some of the IPs from my pc and couldn't connect either. Are people really so bad at port forwarding that only one server out of six or so actually manages? Or is something else going on?

BillyBobJoe

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 05:56:19 pm »

Cool, my request actually got put into the game! :wuv:
mine too  :z6: :z6:
which one was yours?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 35 queries.