March 28, 2024, 06:05:15 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.6.2  (Read 13769 times)

MedO

• Owns this place
Gang Garrison 2.6.2
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

Previous
This
Next

Did we ever have three updates in two days? I mean recently, not in the olden days...

Anyway, here we go:

- Reverted the collision system overhaul due to performance issues
- Added an option to turn off the menu music

Download here
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:16:44 pm by MedO »
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Fear is only a State of Mind
Re: Gang Garrison 2.6.2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:11:09 pm »

:c1:
I have signatures turned off

sy

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • sup
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

well bodyblocking is in accidentally somehow... xD  I'll screw around with it while it lasts
4 updates in 2 days, oh man
2.6.3 here we come

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

>bodyblocking
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

GG2RBY

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:31:47 pm »

Omg they nerfed broke the game   :panic: :panic:

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

Omg they nerfed broke the game   :panic: :panic:

well bodyblocking is in accidentally somehow... xD  I'll screw around with it while it lasts
4 updates in 2 days, oh man
2.6.3 here we come

>bodyblocking

To any concerned users,

As you know, here at Faucet Software we pride ourselves in releasing high-quality, bug-free software. Many of you seem to think the reintroduction of "bodyblocking" to be a bug. It is, in fact, not a bug. Rather, a bug fix in Gang Garrison 2.5 to prevent cloaked spies from being able to "noclip" through solid objects was mistakenly broken in Gang Garrison 2.5.1. Some people who abused the ability to noclip were pleased by the bug fix being broken, however it was not done intentionally, and we apologise to any upstanding players who wished to play by the rules. In Gang Garrison 2.6.2, it came to our attention that we had not yet rectified this, and so we took it upon ourselves to do so. As a consequence, spies can once again not pass through solid objects.

We apologise for any confusion this may have caused you.

-- Andrea Faulds
Senior Vice President of Customer Relations, Faucet Software
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:41:51 pm by ajf »
did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »

It's ok, I just mistakenly reverted the merged commits instead of reverting the merge commit, so I just had to revert the revert and then re-revert correctly.

The above is actually correct and exactly what happened.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:38:36 pm »

Which above? :ghost:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

iLegend

• Force is always the answer.
    • Mah Resume
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »

so is this gonna ever change? bodyblocking sucks :/
<SecretMan> do i put BotAim.gml in plugins folder?
i hear los angeles is pretty good for casual sex with minors

sy

• sup
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »

They've released 3 updates in past 2 days so it should be pretty quickly, most likely tomorrow morning or something

iLegend

• Force is always the answer.
    • Mah Resume
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »

They've released 3 updates in past 2 days so it should be pretty quickly, most likely tomorrow morning or something
:smiley16:
<SecretMan> do i put BotAim.gml in plugins folder?
i hear los angeles is pretty good for casual sex with minors

sy

• sup
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

was the overweight's ammo consumption nerfed?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »

Yes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Machidro

• Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:30 pm »

I don't care about other classes, but leave spy bodyblocking in permanently, it's fucking awesome.

Things spies can now do which are awesome:

-On maps with ledges, edgeguard. A well positioned spy has a new way of killing unaware players.

-Two spies can perform a real pincer attack. One spy comes from an enemies right, the other from his left. They sandwich him, one shoots at him to keep him distracted, and the other stabs for the kill. This is an excellent teamwork incentive and makes the stereotypical crowd of failspies actually more effective in their numbers.

-Dropstabs got nerfed in a good way, since they're now objectively harder.

-Facestabs got buffed in a good way, since now it's really disorientating to hit a spy and you can trick overzealous players into being stuck in your stab. One may also pin players against objects like crates with perfect precision timing

-Spies now have an extra function: detect other hidden spies. When two invisible spies collide (something a spy can't otherwise prepare for), a pistol duel ensues immediately deciding which one survives. This is invariably awesome, seems like a reasonable replacement game ability for the now nerfed quote bubble, and makes for some nice spy vs. spy.

-Standing still and being a campspy got nerfed- if another spy touches you while you're standing still, they'll know you're camping but you won't know they touched you, making you an easy target.

-You have to be more careful how you travel, and you can't just derp into a crowd, m2, m1. You must plan your actions.

Basically, it massively buffs the spy's potential skill ceiling, and it really adds a lot to the game. Make this shit permanent.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:15:37 pm by Machidro »
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

cabalier

• Mega-Weeaboo Extraordinaire
  • water
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

I don't care about other classes, but leave spy bodyblocking in permanently, it's fucking awesome.

Things spies can now do which are awesome:

-On maps with ledges, edgeguard. A well positioned spy has a new way of killing unaware players.

-Two spies can perform a real pincer attack. One spy comes from an enemies right, the other from his left. They sandwich him, one shoots at him to keep him distracted, and the other stabs for the kill. This is an excellent teamwork incentive and makes the stereotypical crowd of failspies actually more effective in their numbers.

-Dropstabs got nerfed in a good way, since they're now objectively harder.

-Facestabs got buffed in a good way, since now it's really disorientating to hit a spy and you can trick overzealous players into being stuck in your stab. One may also pin players against objects like crates with perfect precision timing

-Spies now have an extra function: detect other hidden spies. When two invisible spies collide (something a spy can't otherwise prepare for), a pistol duel ensues immediately deciding which one survives. This is invariably awesome, seems like a reasonable replacement game ability for the now nerfed quote bubble, and makes for some nice spy vs. spy.

-Standing still and being a campspy got nerfed- if another spy touches you while you're standing still, they'll know you're camping but you won't know they touched you, making you an easy target.

-You have to be more careful how you travel, and you can't just derp into a crowd, m2, m1. You must plan your actions.

Basically, it massively buffs the spy's potential skill ceiling, and it really adds a lot to the game. Make this shit permanent.

man I haven't even played the latest patch yet but all of this sounds awesome
now I gotta try it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 35 queries.