April 25, 2024, 05:32:16 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Purpose of this board/Guidelines  (Read 18095 times)

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
Purpose of this board/Guidelines
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:15:54 pm »

Read the whole thread for the complete rules.

This board is for plugins. If it's not a plugin, and it's not about making plugins, don't post it here.
I'm expecting certain people to make guides about making plugins ~relatively~ soon. The basics, common things to do, etc.
If you have a REALLY OLD plugin, it's still appreciated to get posted.
One plugin to a thread. Mods of plugins go in the same thread, UNLESS the original poster is inactive.
When you post a plugin's code here without a license, you're submitting that people may modify it for personal use, and they can post it and mods of it if you become inactive.
Same general rules as /mods/.

FAQ (wip):
How do I share my plugin?
- You can either upload an attachment (for long plugins) or embed the whole script using the [code=filename.gml] tag. Using [code] is preferred for very short plugins, because people can see what they do without downloading it. Using pastebins alone for distribution is not recommended, as there's no reason when you're posting on a forum with attachments and code embedding, and makes people go through more hoops to host the plugin than the other two options.
What else should I post when I'm sharing my plugin?
- You should post the plugin itself, obviously, and a summary of what it does. Screenshots are nice if they matter. Also, a list of compatible versions of GG2, any plugin it's dependent on, or any breaking conflicts are important to know too, but if you don't know that's fine. You're expected to update the OP when you know about conflicts, however.
What do I do if someone posted a buggy plugin then disappeared, but fixed it?
- When people post their plugins on the forum without giving a license or distribution guidelines, they're accepting that it's gone to the public and that other people can modify and share it as they want. However, if they state otherwise, you have to respect their wishes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:08:41 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Port

• portify.github.io
Re: Purpose of this board
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:47:46 am »

Can we only post plugins we made ourselves?
portify@neko.im

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 02:03:38 am »

You can only post plugins that are your original work, unless the original authors are completely inactive or gave you express right to do whatever you want. It's just normal copyright.

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:03:52 pm »

I'll pop in and out every once in a while, but this child board is your territory. I never liked the concept.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Oktoberfest!

• Chief Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »

GG2 is getting plugin support on the next major update
Excellent!
<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
Re: Purpose of this board/Guidelines
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:12:42 am »

Added a question to the FAQ even though nobody asks it frequently.

How do I share my plugin?
- You can either upload an attachment (for long plugins) or embed the whole script using the [code=filename.gml] tag. Using [code] is preferred for very short plugins, because people can see what they do without downloading it. Using pastebins alone for distribution is not recommended, as there's no reason when you're posting on a forum with attachments and code embedding, and makes people go through more hoops to host the plugin than the other two options.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »

Just wanted to post this here:
- If you're making a request thread for someone to make a plugin, you should put [REQUEST] at the start of your topic title.
- If you're making a thread to discuss plugins in any way that isn't about a specific plugin's development, you should put something like [Meta] or [whatever catches on] at the start of the topic title.

If someone misses their tags I'm going to add them instead, and please don't mention it unless I make a mistake.

Also, here's some clarification:
- You MUST treat ALL users and their thoughts with respect, per global rules; whether "they deserve respect or not" is something for administrators and community managers to judge -- which, by the way, I'm not one of -- so if I see anyone disrespecting another person's judgment, wants, or decisions, I'm going to have a zero tolerance policy. I'm going to ask you to stop, and if you don't then your posts are going straight to moderator reports, no matter who "started it" or whether they "deserve it" or not.
- Please note that that rule has little bearing in this board on topics where there are objective rights or wrongs, eg the mechanics of jumping in GG2 or the behavior of a certain version of a certain plugin; Cases that revolve around technical truths will be judged by whether the antagonist is in the wrong, so you really better not go arguing about things you don't know about. Note that this isn't an excuse to disrespect someone "if you're right"; it's just that while technical argument is generally respectful, it's extremely disruptive if it's frivolous, and I will stop it. Don't worry about punishment, though, unless you start disrespecting people or moderation over it at some point.

Or basically:
- Respect forum users, period.
- Arguing may or may not be okay depending on who is wrong.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:29:44 pm by Phantom Brave »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »

People are being assholes, so new rule:

Do not try to do "my" job for "me". Do not question plugin requests. Don't patronize the topic creator by telling them they want the wrong thing. It is not your place to judge the worth of a plugin request, it is the moderators'. Do not post what you think about a plugin request or give alternate solutions in such a way that says you think the plugin is worthless. Do not report threads that moderators are actively cleaning up and keeping check on. This is all the same thing. That tone is set, I'm going to judge adherence to this rule by spirit, not obsessive semantics.

Obviously I'm upset right now.

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:24 pm »

Or in a more level headed light, don't report threads unless they actually violate a rule and don't shoot down requests.

This isn't Feature Requests. If something you don't like gets made, its really not a big deal because you literally never have to see it.

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 03:11:39 pm »

Clientside and Serverside add-ons that give players haxxy content aren't allowed. This means that if you want to have a haxxy face, you either gotta win a haxxy or make the damn plugin yourself.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 04:14:38 pm »

Remember the rules.

>- When people post their plugins on the forum without giving a license or distribution guidelines, they're accepting that it's gone to the public and that other people can modify and share it as they want. However, if they state otherwise, you have to respect their wishes.

Please do not propogate the plugins of people who have expressed that they do not want their plugins spread.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 37 queries.