December 06, 2021, 05:58:40 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Compiling  (Read 6439 times)

compileforme

Compiling
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:33 pm »

I make my maps, set them up in the garrison builder, click compile as png, and it gives me the little loading bar, but nothing actually gets created. I'm using vista, so I don't know if thats the problem or something. This is very frustrating.

Boo++

• Veteran Beta Tester
Re: Compiling
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:20:40 pm »

Make a copy of either of your .pngs and when you compile your map, overwrite the copy you made. This happens to me too but when I compile over one of the .pngs, apparently it works (Or so says Fishy).
"Wait, who is Joe?" - Donny's 1000th post.

compileforme

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:54:56 pm »

Thanks, it works great now.

AnDrEw

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Miyazaki ftw
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 06:10:57 pm »

Note for everyone:  It doesn't create a new .png.  It writes the file into the .png file you ALREADY HAVE.  You have to select that .png file. (or a copy that you made)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:11:13 pm by AnDrEw {FYI} »
Anne drew Andrew and Drew, and Druanne drew Anne, Drew, Andrew, and Ru.

RockingTuxedo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:16:14 pm »

The same problem happens to me. I compile the data into the .png, but when i test it out all the entities work butt i fall through all of the walls.

cspotcode

• Coder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:22:20 pm »

Sounds like a walkmask problem.  Make sure that the color of the lower-left pixel of your walkmask is the same color as the open non-wall spaces in your walkmask.  Remember that you must have the correct walkmask loaded into the Garrison Builder at the time you click compile.  Toggle Walkmask visibility on and off, because if the walkmask doesn't look correct in Garrison Builder, then it won't work correctly in-game.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams

RockingTuxedo

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:51:55 am »

No it looks absolutely fine...it just doesnt work. Ive tried everything....

cspotcode

• Coder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 04:01:33 pm »

If you post the compiled map that's not working, I can tell you exactly what's wrong with it and how to fix it.
- Douglas Adams

Thorvan

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 07:29:40 am »

Note for everyone:  It doesn't create a new .png.  It writes the file into the .png file you ALREADY HAVE.  You have to select that .png file. (or a copy that you made)
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[RGP]DC

• ????
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 09:34:37 pm »

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I need a bit of help compiling too.
I combed through every pixel of my walkmask and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. It's two colors, black and white.(I even turned on the black and white setting in Paint to make sure.) I left pixels on every single corner of the map untouched.(even though it's only supposed to be bottom left.)

My entities don't seem to be placed inside any walls, and I have placed the bag, the spawn, and the heal for both teams on it.

Anyway, on Garrison Builder, when I try to embed it into a png, the error comes up immediately. If I click abort, it supposedly compiles, then closes when finished. When playing the map, nothing loads and the screen is just fixed in place.

Despite all this, I can't help shaking off the feeling that I've made an incredibly stupid mistake, but regardless, I can't figure it out.

Here is the map and walkmask:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:35:21 pm by DemonicChocobo »

juicebox360

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:45 pm »

Anyway, on Garrison Builder, when I try to embed it into a png, the error comes up immediately. If I click abort, it...
Error? What error? Please elaborate.

Thanks

[RGP]DC

• ????
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:40:32 pm »

DoctorRandom

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »

Here's some general tips:

Remove the aqua and turn it to white. Also in the wallmask, put one tiny pixel of white in the lower left corner. This is how it detects transparency. (?) Dunno why.

If you can't, why is it aqua?

Also, they are seperate files right?

Make sure you you check in the garrison builder with the bg transparency and the wallmask transparency.

If not; talk to one of the devs because this is a bug then.

[RGP]DC

• ????
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 03:27:10 pm »

I already did all those things.

Anyway, can I get a list of some of the Devs? I'm not really sure about any of their usernames.

cspotcode

• Coder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 01:43:14 am »

This sounds like a bug.  I see your walkmask isn't being zoomed 600% like the background is.  That's not supposed to happen.  And the "trying to use non-existing surface" sounds like it failed to create a drawing surface.  It needs to create a drawing surface so it can draw the walkmask onto it and then scan the drawing pixel by pixel.  This is what it's doing during the "compressing walkmask" phase.  So I think it just assumes that it will always succeed when it tries to create the drawing surface.  In your case, there was a problem, and the surface didn't get created.

I'm not sure why this would happen.  My only guess is that there wasn't any more video memory left.

Sorry this is the best answer I can give you right now.  In the mean time, if it's possible, you could try using another computer to compile your map.
- Douglas Adams
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 35 queries.