January 20, 2022, 04:32:34 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ctf_breakfast_skirmish  (Read 4155 times)

...Septemberfest?

ctf_breakfast_skirmish
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:49:30 pm »

After multiple failed map attempts prior to this one, I think I got the one right.  This is my second hopefully-successful map.  I present to you, ctf_breakfast skirmish!

You are an employee.  You work at Denny's.  One day, the manager hands you a gun and says "go kill those IHOP sons of bitches.  And, oh yeah, steal their most valued recipes while you're at it."

You are an employee.  You work at IHOP.  Yadayada, nevermind.

IT'S DENNY'S VERSUS IHOP BREAKFAST MAYHEM!!!  KILL EMPLOYEES!  STEAL INTEL!  DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE YOUR BREAKFAST FOOD CHAIN TOP!

Okay, so the intel briefcases are in the dark greenish rooms placed underground below the two restaurants.  Each restaurant has two spawns (the two red rooms and two blue rooms).  This does a little to prevent spawn camping.  Additionally, any class can access the roofs of the foreground buildings via the back of your restaurant.  Even an overweight can jump between all the roofs.  You can also go through your actual restaurant to ground level.  "But what about rocket spammers?" you ask.  although it is inevitable, rocket spam cannot go inside either restaurant because counters protects from that.  Also, the fact that there are crates and window-level pseudo-balconies protects other people from said spam.  Intel is fairly easy to steal due to the fact that you can take a vent on top of the enemy restaurant's roof directly to the intel.  I figure that this might make games a little more interesting without having two constructors with autoguns that keep getting you killed (like in Conflict, where constructors always kill me.)  Anyways, save the image in your maps folder and try it out for yourself, I appreciate your help and your criticism is always welcome.

-...$eptemberfest?

EDIT - I have changed the background a little bit to make a newer version of breakfast skirmish.  It's nothing crucial, it just has trucks on the left and right sides of the map.  Other than that, nothing else is changed.  Here is the new version.  Thanks, muddywater, for supplying the background!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:25:55 pm by ...Septemberfest? »

KillPanzer

• Lucky Member
  • Back from the dead once a month
Re: ctf_breakfast_skirmish
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 01:51:13 pm »

Oh my god...
I love it.

BIG D ENERGY

• Veteran Member
  • I've seen it.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:58:42 pm »

It's balanced, it's visually appealing, it looks extremely playable, I really want to try this map out.

Stop highlighting things, you nerd.

OMFGninja

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:00:31 pm »

This is awesome  :smiley16:

By the way, you're a great meedick.

...Septemberfest?

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:12:11 pm »

This is awesome  :smiley16:

By the way, you're a great meedick.

:hehe16: Thanks a ton!  HEALING IS SOOO FUN!!  And I just tested out your rrsandzone map -  :wuv:
It's original and totally awesome!

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate your feedback!

Tsukiyomaru0

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 02:14:10 pm »

This map is a fairly balanced one. I hope to play it soon in Vaati's server.

Muddywater

• rotaredoM
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Hi.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:28:51 pm »

I just had lunch at IHOP
 :smiley16:

Also the very left and right sides of the map are a tad empty, you could put a rifleman tower there or something.
This message requires a Gold Forum Account™ in order to be read. Activate your free trial for gold membership by hitting CTRL+W!

AcidLead

• The Flash of the Action
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Our hero returns triumphant. Execute him at once.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 03:21:35 pm »

I'm AcidLead, and I Approve of this Map.
fire at cyberdisc
eighty-five percent hit chance
doh, she missed the shot

McGenio

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 03:27:41 pm »

This map appeals to  :x14: 's interests, and  :x14: 's interests are my interests  :smiley16:

Jakal

• MOOTANCHAPS!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 03:33:39 pm »

that's wonderful!
I accidentally rageposted on the forums again, didn't i? sorry, man. i'll go clean that up now.

...Septemberfest?

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 03:36:15 pm »

I just had lunch at IHOP

Also the very left and right sides of the map are a tad empty, you could put a rifleman tower there or something.

Yeah, I stretched the left, right, top and bottom of the map for a reason: cleanliness.  The thing is, if I cut the map off right next to the battlefield, you will see an ugly black border.  The thing is, I want to make it look like as much of a real setting as I possibly can, so I don't want that ugly border.  I stretched it out a lot so even riflemen can't see the black border with their scope zoomed out as much as possible.  Here's an example of the black border I'm talkng about.  This particular map is duck_hunt.  The map ends right where the action is, so the black border is clearly visible (oh yeah, sorry for the crappy MS Paint job):

Muddywater

• rotaredoM
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Hi.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 03:49:12 pm »

I just had lunch at IHOP

Yeah, I stretched the left, right, top and bottom of the map for a reason: cleanliness.  The thing is, if I cut the map off right next to the battlefield, you will see an ugly black border.  The thing is, I want to make it look like as much of a real setting as I possibly can, so I don't want that ugly border.  I stretched it out a lot so even riflemen can't see the black border with their scope zoomed out as much as possible.  Here's an example of the black border I'm talkng about.  This particular map is duck_hunt.  The map ends right where the action is, so the black border is clearly visible (oh yeah, sorry for the crappy MS Paint job):

So then you can't walk through that building then? Fair enough. It still seems a bit empty, so I've added this. How does it look?

Edit: Unless the wallmask prevents it, you'd probably be able to double rocket jump over the buildings on the sides.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:56:52 pm by [QFT] [OXI] muddywater »
This message requires a Gold Forum Account™ in order to be read. Activate your free trial for gold membership by hitting CTRL+W!

...Septemberfest?

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 07:52:07 pm »

muddywater -

I love it! :wuv:

Nah, the building is too tall to rocket jump, even if you cling to the wall and double rocket jump.  I might update it, although I'm a bit lazy to... besides, it's not like anybody will be looking at the sides there... it just looks a bit empty because it's an overview.

Corky

• dusty old bones full of green dust
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:25:50 pm »

It looks like Helltrikky, except fun.

:wuv:

AcidLead

• The Flash of the Action
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Our hero returns triumphant. Execute him at once.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:59 pm »

Did I already like this map? If so, I like it even more now. PARTY OF FIVE HEAVIES ON TABLE THREE!
fire at cyberdisc
eighty-five percent hit chance
doh, she missed the shot
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 35 queries.