April 28, 2024, 03:29:31 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [REPOST] Dude, where's my forum?  (Read 5043 times)

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
Re: [REPOST] Dude, where's my forum?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2024, 09:29:10 am »

I came back to look for something but I guess I'm not gonna find it now because it's in one of those hidden boards rip.

I'll say it in case it means anything to anyone, I was looking for a thread where a guy did art impressions of a bunch of members and for me they did a parody of the goggles guy from the music video for Extra by Ken Ishii since I used to have a gif of that as an avatar.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 09:41:53 am by Catman »
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

free crzy

• random chatter mod
  • Heroic Member
  • subscribe to pewdiepie
    • drain gang track you down like a bloodhound
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2024, 11:58:36 am »

Our posts still exist so idgi either

VerticalHorizon

• i came to write a 50 character header, im all out
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:40 pm »

It was discussed amongst upper staff and generally agreed upon that we should clean up all the bloat, and in the best case scenario, make boards for on-topic discussion pertaining to the game and any future projects that are opened under our banner (if any come to fruition). The alternative would have just been to take the entire forum down instead -- saving discussions is the compromise.
Or here's a better alternative; maybe pin a few important/noteworthy topics to the top of their respective subforums, and make everything read only. Nobody can post, no indiscriminate scorching of Earth required! You're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

is he really taking it down because we all said the pewdiepie word tons of times over the course of 15+ years
It has generally been agreed upon that there is not an actual reason to keep the forum public anymore since most of the discussion happens on the Discord.
Okay, why? What harm is being done by just leaving it open? The only reason you gave was because leadership has categorization autism or something.

Excuse me for sounding dramatic but this is basically virtual grave desecration; you just made 99.5% of the forms content inaccessible for no reason. I can't think of any reasonable motive behind this besides an arsonist's glee/reveling in the power of destruction. The only reason I'm posting this because I logged on to browse to find all my shit deleted for no reason.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:17:51 pm by VerticalHorizon »
i very low know english, can you reply me what that post say?
GG2 IGN: VerticalHorizon
I FUCKING HATE SCOOBY DOO

free crzy

• random chatter mod
  • Heroic Member
  • subscribe to pewdiepie
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2024, 07:14:03 am »

hence why i want forum gems back even if it's just for like 1-2 threads

they can just admit it's because we all said no-no words growing up since times were different but i guess they don't want to for some reason

orrgaaszm

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 09:50:37 pm »

Thats cool man!!

BlackDoomer

• *batteries not included
    • Doom2D.org
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2024, 09:31:18 pm »

I agree with @VerticalHorizon and would like to add my own five cents.

- Do you think we should keep the forums running for GG2 related discussions?

I would say that for discussions on specific questions and/or problems - yes, it does. But for general community chatter and shitposting, Discord is actually much better suited. But it quickly fades away as soon as it comes to detailed conversations on complex topics that can be carried on for a long time and to which people has to refer or return from time to time (GitHub too, btw). Development-related conversations are good example. We at doom2d.org also have Discord, IRC, Telegram, and a Matrix-like solution to gateway all of this bi-directionally, but in the very end it turned out to be a mess compared to the forum when it comes to serious talks and decision-making. Beyond that, it's still a history that shows the respectful age of the project and its maturity. Recently a miraculously preserved partial backup of the our old forum was found, and that's why we are going to merge it into ours current - posts there date back right up to 2005!

- Do you think we should also have a board or two for things vaquely related to GG2, like Game Maker development?

It sounds like a good idea, but it's actually not, because there are much better places exist for such communities. Any discussion on the notorious GameMaker here will inevitably relate to GG2 in one way or another.

- Is there any content on the old forums that you think should be saved? Please be as specific as possible.

At the very least:
  • Any discussion related to the development. There's simply nothing to negotiate.
  • All announcements and news.
  • Any content published for the game (maps, plugins, mods, utils, etc).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 09:38:20 pm by BlackDoomer »
Oh my God, who touch Sasha?! (c) Heavy
www.doom2d.org - Doom 2D, one of the best 2D-games in the world

LOL U MAD

free crzy

• random chatter mod
  • Heroic Member
  • subscribe to pewdiepie
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2024, 10:55:03 pm »

nice job guys now the bots are posting in other threads instead of lurking leftover places
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 35 queries.