December 01, 2021, 04:15:39 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unfinished Pokemon Mod  (Read 880 times)

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Unfinished Pokemon Mod
« on: July 28, 2019, 09:58:26 am »

A while back I was working on a mod to basically make Pokemon but with GG2's gameplay. It was quite a complicated task, I have actually done a pretty large amount of the work I wanted for putting the framework in place, though certainly not all of it. Mostly a lot of the actual content was the main issue, which is why you won't see a lot in this mod. Eventually I lost interest in it and it was obviously a bit too much work to do on my own at the time.

While I wouldn't say it's anything playable, it's also never going to go anywhere at this point sadly. So I figured why not at least release it so people can see what it could have been. Anyone can work on it if they wish though I would definitely not encourage it, and there isn't that much documentation in the code to learn from. I've uploaded it as it is along with my notes. Also some details might not be correct as I have just left things as they were being tested.

Download

Though you should be able to read more details in the notes, some of the mechanics that were included/planned are:
  • Many different Pokemon to choose from, including final evolutions, first evolutions and legendaries, each with their own benefits and reasons to pick them such as speed, respawn time, damage etc.
  • Pokemon have their own individual stats
  • Flying, gliding and hovering for appropriate Pokemon
  • Move/Pokemon typing/weaknesses
  • Status effects
  • Held items
  • Selectable ability
  • Trainers - trainer has their own unique effect and synergy with certain Pokemon
  • Weather effects that are made by moves in selected area
  • Critical hits - using a system not based on RNG
  • Stat stages

The controls are:
  • Move 1 - Left Click
  • Move 2 - Right Click
  • Move 3 - R
  • Move 4 - Q
  • Move 5 - Space (Unused, added as a precaution)
  • Fly/Hover/Glide - Press down key when in the air, hold jump to rise, press down to cancel (You can do this with Mewtwo)

(Yes the menus support different aspect ratios)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:44:52 am by Derpduck »

Swearwords

Re: Unfinished Pokemon Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 03:35:24 pm »

vanguard looks a little different  =/

but looks cool af. thanks for uploading
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:35:38 pm by Swearwords »
as long as you do it, whether badly or moderately,  remember that you'll always be better than you are before. if there's something you're interested in, leap for it. there's a chance in it and you'll be better than you are before just from trying it out.

BELIEVING IN YOURSELF IS HOW YOU DRIVE YOURSELF TO SUCCESS. without it, it's like a car without fuel.

look through life from your own lens, not someone else's.

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:45 am »

vanguard looks a little different  =/

but looks cool af. thanks for uploading
I think you have the wrong guy.

Swearwords

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 07:31:19 pm »

na it's a joke
as long as you do it, whether badly or moderately,  remember that you'll always be better than you are before. if there's something you're interested in, leap for it. there's a chance in it and you'll be better than you are before just from trying it out.

BELIEVING IN YOURSELF IS HOW YOU DRIVE YOURSELF TO SUCCESS. without it, it's like a car without fuel.

look through life from your own lens, not someone else's.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 35 queries.