November 30, 2022, 10:18:29 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Server] Arena Overtime Limiter  (Read 720 times)

[FR]YB

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • There are 11 people playing holy sh
[Server] Arena Overtime Limiter
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:45:11 pm »

Some fuckwad started multiclienting (probably with a proxy, I set my multiclient limit to 1) to go spy on both teams in arena, stay hidden, and just idle there when everyone else is dead, not only preventing people from playing the next round, but also putting the server into infinite overtime. The arena round won't end because there are still players alive in both teams, and apparently AFK kicking is clientside, because said fuckwad can stay there for hours. (Maybe not literally, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case)

Maybe the right thing to do would be to put AFK checking on the server side, and force someone who doesn't move for more than 30 seconds into the spectator team. My immediate reaction instead was to decide that overtime shouldn't last forever on arena, so here's a plugin for that.

What it does
This plugin will force the arena round to end after 30 seconds into overtime. I picked that number for no particular reason.

Install
Download the attached .gml file, and put it into your Plugins folder

Server side plugin (will work for hosts, not joining players)
Built for 2.9.2
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:47:26 pm by [FR]YB »

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
Re: [Server] Arena Overtime Limiter
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:00:25 pm »

Why 30 seconds? And if you wanna force the players to get the ball rolling, why not just push a warning message after 2 minute of overtime and reduce their health by 10% of their maxhealth every few seconds afterwards? Works to a similar end without interfering too much with normal gameplay.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 36 queries.