November 28, 2021, 08:01:39 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: can we take the code for spriteloader.gml and just copy paste it into the game  (Read 705 times)

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland

feel like native plugin loading has been in the game for a while, why not native sprite loading?
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator

Don't just "copypaste it into the game," add some proper menu buttons so that you get basic functionality.

>boolean that determines if it loads them on-start or not. Disabled by default but not hard to find in the options menu.
>Path to the folder to load sprites from, so that you can easily pick and choose between one set of sprites or another
>Button to reload the sprites on-the-spot. To my knowledge the options menus don't have a simple button like this but I don't dabble with menus too much and assume the functionality is either simple to add or already there

Do things properly.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland

i said this in dms earlier but i guess it's worth sharing here that ideally i think it should be handled like say minecraft texture packs or osu skins, scan for zips/directories in a location, then present a list of sprite packs that can be loaded

[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator

And I also said this in dms earlier: I'd like something like that too, but when you're running a skeleton crew, you should go with the easiest option first and put stuff like this on the backburner for a future update. It's not a question about whether or not it'd fit in the game, but who would be the one doing it -- for that reason, I think we should go with the basic option first, and look into something a little fancier down the line.

Also, this was discussed around last year in the circlejerk server, but if we add spriteloading, we can add Skele's sprites as a default spritepack. Kills two birds with one stone.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:36:26 am by Saniblues »
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 35 queries.