March 28, 2024, 06:33:21 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Happy 10th birthday GG2!  (Read 22721 times)

t~

• Seasoned Member
  • BOUTTA GET BANNED BY INTEL 5/1/2016
Re: Happy 10th birthday GG2!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 03:36:34 am »

this game got me thru middle school and part of hs <333 shoutouts to the community, have hella fond memories from the early times (the shitshow at the end of my time on the forums was an absolute meme though)

really provided me an outlet from those awk middle school years, 100% wouldnt be the same person as i am today without this game LMAO
^_^

U SUX

• "Lets make a Jerma is mad 7.23402 Video"
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »

Am, I late to the party? Eh. I'm back and kicking it to enjoy my old time favorite!

Chandeskee

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 08:18:00 pm »

Thank you for your continued support of this game.

I ran a few clans back in the day, I've been in a few, I've played countless hours of this game. It's simplicity and ability to be itself without having every feature in the universe is a testimate to it's amazing community and gameplay. I hope this sees a resugrence in players to a point where things can be quite more enjoyable. But even if we don't get it to that point all those years ago (I think I started playing maybe 8 years ago???) we still have something... I think that says a lot.

By the way, are you folks still taking donations?
WAAR is the answer

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 11:10:04 am »

Thanks for all the kind words!

I hope this sees a resugrence in players to a point where things can be quite more enjoyable.

Funny enough, there is a small upwards tick in player numbers again since the middle of the year. Maybe people just spend more time playing games in the darker seasons, and we still have fewer players than a year ago, but I think this is the first time I noticed a gradual increase again:

(careful, this is a live image and may look different when you visit here in a couple of months. Also don't mind the big gap in the graph, that's just a glitch caused by the server move - the time between copying the entire system over to the new server and actually switching over from the old server to the new one)

By the way, are you folks still taking donations?
The old paypal donations link should still work, many thanks if you want to contribute. We're only using it to pay for the domain name, since it would run out fairly quickly if we tried to use it for the actual server :)

In case you're wondering, our running costs are about $1 per month for the domain, and $6 for the server since the last move a couple of months ago (which more than halved the costs).
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Chandeskee

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 04:32:57 pm »

I shot you folks some money. Always wanted to back in-the-day, but it didn't help that I was unnable to be legally employed or have a bank account. Either way, glad I can still support this. I'm really interested in bringing more people and and keeping this going. Let me know if there are more ways I can help.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:34:32 pm by Chandeskee »
WAAR is the answer

BlackDoomer

• *batteries not included
    • Doom2D.org
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 08:34:23 am »

long live GG2

merry orthodox christmas and happy new year
Oh my God, who touch Sasha?! (c) Heavy
www.doom2d.org - Doom 2D, one of the best 2D-games in the world

LOL U MAD

Fort Nite 2

• fort nite
  • Do NOT Kill Bankers
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:49 am »

happy 22nd birthday to me :]

Dr. Random

• Huge Butt
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 04:39:12 am »

respekk

Silly Walks

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2019, 03:13:08 pm »

Oh boy, congratulations to GG2 and community!

Yes, I've just happened to remeber this game and comunity today, and, after years, ended up coming back to take a look on how things are looking like. This game and community were some of my main things to care for, back in 2010, my High School years.

It was the first (and only) game that I've played competitively, as well as the first place where I started uploading my art, on those specific art sub-forums. In fact, exposing my art here was a kick-off to making more, receiving feedback by lots of people IRL, and helping on my decision to apply for a carreer on Industrial Design. I was already a Mech. Engineer student, so I coupled my skills with the technical knowledge. Mind you, as silly as that sounds, it was kind of a inffluence for me.

Long live!

[TIC] and Penske
Some say that his pixel art cars are so sexy that he impregnated an entire school of catholic girls... all we know, is he's called the Silly Walks.

See my gallery today!

a/d

• pro donglosaur
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 10:32:07 pm »

im am very proud of you
go canada or whatever, maybe your country is cool too

Silly Walks

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 02:37:53 pm »

im am very proud of you

Thank you, my friend. Nice to see you here again. Didn't know some of you guys were still hanging around.

In fact, that makes me curious, to know how many are still here. I''ll DM you so we could catch up.
[TIC] and Penske
Some say that his pixel art cars are so sexy that he impregnated an entire school of catholic girls... all we know, is he's called the Silly Walks.

See my gallery today!

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 11:19:47 pm »

Im still here Silly : )
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Footpöp

• Seasoned Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 08:01:24 pm »

¡Huzzah!
Team /ABC/

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 01:32:33 pm »

Congrats! :trophy:

I still remember playing the early versions of this game, where everything was imbalanced, the maps were shit and you couldn't climb the stairs because the servers were lagging so much. But it was still fun! And over the years you turned it into an actual decent game!

It's pretty amazing that the game is still alive. :z5:

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »

Nice to see you around Agh. I miss playing matches with you.
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 35 queries.