December 06, 2021, 05:04:07 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Small Suggestion  (Read 1527 times)

eToasterX

• Get Toast'd
Small Suggestion
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:52:39 pm »

How about adding an option that makes the medic lock on the target that he is healing by just a click instead of holding the mouse button. (just like tf2)
'Cuz why not? It gets tiring after a while anyway.

Also, I've just noticed that the firebug is actually number 2 instead of 3 when choosing a character, although this one is not a suggestion just a note.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:02:47 am by eToasterX »
Cuz' reasons.

PrOF

• Sometimes a dev. Only sometimes
Re: Small Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:52:16 am »

This could be a cool plugin, I'll look into it

Garlic Deodorant

• Literally the Worst
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 04:31:46 am »

I could've sworn that there was one that did that, but yeah, this would be a good idea.
:')

Kansiwiz

• It's m3me btw
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:09:46 pm »

Finally, someone said it.
we're all a little hard - mang0, 2008

Swearwords

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:21:36 pm »

game isn't that hard anyways. really don't use a need for it unless you wanna be extra lazy. don't think it's gonna be that hard to code though. but developers are lazy as well so any unnecessary work is off the table.
as long as you do it, whether badly or moderately,  remember that you'll always be better than you are before. if there's something you're interested in, leap for it. there's a chance in it and you'll be better than you are before just from trying it out.

BELIEVING IN YOURSELF IS HOW YOU DRIVE YOURSELF TO SUCCESS. without it, it's like a car without fuel.

look through life from your own lens, not someone else's.

eToasterX

• Get Toast'd
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:27:02 pm »

game isn't that hard anyways. really don't use a need for it unless you wanna be extra lazy. don't think it's gonna be that hard to code though. but developers are lazy as well so any unnecessary work is off the table.

Let's be honest here, don't tell me that this idea would make people "more" lazy.
Everyone is already "a bit lazy" while playing this game, like seriously you ain't gonna do squats while playing.
Also, it's not "unnecessary" compared to some other stuff already in the game.
It will be just a nice little detail to add.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:28:05 pm by eToasterX »
Cuz' reasons.

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:41:36 am »

>Let's be honest here, don't tell me that this idea would make people "more" lazy.
this idea would make people more lazy
kys

>Everyone is already "a bit lazy" while playing this game, like seriously you ain't gonna do squats while playing.
this is the stupidest argument i could possibly imagine for this idea (which i support btw, as a toggleable option)

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 03:55:29 am »

there is no such thing as lazy in competitive games btw

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Kevin Kuntz

• Heroic Member
  • panda took the kids
    • Rav And Kill Bill
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:46 am »

there is no such thing as lazy in competitive games btw
Not the greatest time to say that
You act like being skilled doesn't take alot of years of oldfagery
>Let's be honest here, don't tell me that this idea would make people "more" lazy.
this idea would make people more lazy
kys

>Everyone is already "a bit lazy" while playing this game, like seriously you ain't gonna do squats while playing.
this is the stupidest argument i could possibly imagine for this idea (which i support btw, as a toggleable option)
Everyone is already lazy, considering some spyhack, some have too much ping/don't have a mind, others just don't make a forum account and become good cause they have fun by doin frags

I think this would be a nice feature but maybe getting used to it can cause some accidental bursts
I PEAKED
I PEAKED

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 10:42:40 am »

Read the rules.

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »

>there is no such thing as lazy in competitive games btw
implying gg2 is competitive

>You act like being skilled doesn't take alot of years of oldfagery
pretty sure i was better than you after a month of playing

Pasiv01

• A
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 03:54:02 am »

Once upon a time, this other dude I knew made a macro for me to use on Lord of the Rings Online. Basically it would allow me to hotkey actions for confirm, accept, cancel a quest or message or whatever. This wasn't a bad thing because as far as I saw it the most important aspect of the game was combat and the results which flowed from successful fights. It was not as if I were creating keybinds which would allow me to run sequence after sequence of fighting instructions which would exploit the cool downs on my wardens skills and shit - thats cheating. I was merely removing the need to use a fucking mouse while running around Eriador... Well. Fuck me did shit hit the fan when those Tolkien dweebs found out what was happening.

I think if most of the combat actions are capable of being keybinded (move right, move left, jump, shoot etc etc) through the already available options in the game menu, then this would suggest that any other kind of keybind which inherently gives you an advantage in combat, was not intended by the game developers. In fact it could harm the community, because you will have someone running around with the medi beam on and just focusing on jumping.

If your creating something to alter the combat your cheating. If your creating something to eleviate the drudgery of moving from place to place, this is just cutting out the 'loading time' (such as pressing and holding D and then pressing Y, to allow your character to continue moving across a long map unaided, so that you are able to reach and take part in combat).

Farming is something else.
Afk for the next few months - studying

Pasiv01

• A
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 03:56:19 am »

Also its unfair advantage if you only need to press the needle button.
Afk for the next few months - studying

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 04:38:42 am »

simple keybinds are never cheats even if the game doesn't currently support them

likewise, the csgo devs are objectively wrong about binds that jump and press mouse buttons at the same time being cheats

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 12:20:12 am »

taping down buttons is cheating folks pack it up
just ban engie and q/c
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.