August 23, 2019, 01:46:19 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Help w/ hosting... pls  (Read 708 times)

Noob King

Help w/ hosting... pls
« on: December 23, 2017, 01:11:26 am »

i need some info on how to host a server, cuz... i have no idea... :z7:
pls?

Fuzion ╬mwe

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian warrior monk.
Re: Help w/ hosting... pls
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 03:27:04 am »

THE TING GOES HOST HELP HELP HELP HELP!
BOOM BOOM SERVER DOWN

KevinHunter

• Heroic Member
  • *Laughs in lurker*
    • Drake
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 08:22:20 am »

you either need to port forward or use upnp forwarding, it's an option in hosting

PrOF

• Sometimes a dev. Only sometimes

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 03:59:09 pm »

That info is rather old, though still good.

The GG2.exe has hosting options, calibrate it to preference. To not host the default map list create a .txt (edit: in the same folder as the gg2.exe/.ini) and for simplicity sake call it maps.txt. Open the file and copy down the maps (their NAME ONLY "ctf_2dfort" and NOT FILE EXTENSION ".png") you want to host from the maps folder you have, if no maps go to Map Making and download some. Open the gg2.ini and under [Server] beside MapRotation= type maps.txt and you're done, partially.

Under the server options there's UPnP (experimental), switch that ON/YES to open your PC to the lobby. (where players can see you and connect)
Or properly open the port by going to your router, if you don't know what it is or how you do so ask for help. (You'll need the router login)

Otherwise, open your start menu (Windows) and type CMD in the search, open it, enter ipconfig, enter, look for IPv4, keep the window open
Open your web browser and enter 192.168.x.x (x=0 or 1) [login] find the Port Forwarding option, enter your IPv4, port 8190, enable it, and save/apply

If you can not access your router, the UPnP option in GG2.exe is the back up option. After this and you see your server on ganggarrison.com/lobby/status, create your thread in Servers and follow the pinned guide on how to organize the OP with the server info.

Did I miss anything for something I haven't done in over a year?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:31:18 pm by Spazz »

<3 Bustatunez

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 10:50:47 am »

Posting part of the PM for others as there's more info.

I have a Windows XP... are the steps the same w/ an XP computer?

Same steps with any Windows PC give take a couple of different labels, would not know macOS even if I cared.

On gg2's first boot/first host it'll ask you for firewall permissions. If no pop-up, open the start menu and type Firewall. Should be under security in the Control Panel from the Start Menu, once open look for Allow App Exception or Firewall Settings, if you don't see this on the front page then google "Firewall <OPERATING-SYSTEM> application exception"

Find GG2 and check it to be allowed pass through your firewall.

You do not need to find your external IP address as GG2 lobby roots traffic but it's good to have in the server thread. Google "My IP"

That should be everything, if not post here.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:35:25 pm by Spazz »

<3 Bustatunez

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 07:28:13 pm »

Spazz  :angel: can you tell me how to make my server,i didn't under stand that Click Herehttps://sites.google.com/site/cspotcode2/CustomMapTutorial.png,and
why i can't talk in my server  :z2:   =/

Adding the next portion since this PM today,

This is no longer the proper method to host maps, as .locators have LONG since been obliterated from GG2.
For the proper method, look two posts above this one, first large paragraph.

As for plugins. Client side Plugins (it's a folder) INDEED have an effect on Server operation. Not all but depending on what you have installed can effect gameplay. Please be cautious of this. However, Client sided plugins can immensely help to the point of cheating, not that we encourage it in the slightest.

To use these simply drag and drop the file(s)/folder(s) to the Plugins folder and you're done. That is to say it's coded properly.

Where as Server plugins are placed into the ServerPluginsCache (also a folder) and to use these you need the hash file. This is it's 'encoded' for when you are hosting or connecting to a server with it enabled. The other version is it's dedicated downloaded file in .zip form which you can find here, http://www.ganggarrison.com/plugins/

To use these, the Hash file should already be in the ServerPluginsCache, and if not download the .zip and place it into mentioned folder. Once done, open your gg2.ini file, look/scroll down to [General] and two lines above it is ServerPluginList=. Type in the plugins you wish to use, =chat_v2,payload,ssb,<ETC> and that's almost all. Read below.

WARNING: Some plugins require players to download them to sync properly. Chat may not be a required sync, but Payload and others may absolutely need it

That, should be it, for now at least.

<3 Bustatunez

Swearwords

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 12:53:46 am »

search up "how to port forward a server"

edit: lol for a moment i thought i accidentally necroed a really old thread. phew.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:55:42 am by Swearwords »
as long as you do it, whether badly or moderately,  remember that you'll always be better than you are before. if there's something you're interested in, leap for it. there's a chance in it and you'll be better than you are before just from trying it out.

BELIEVING IN YOURSELF IS HOW YOU DRIVE YOURSELF TO SUCCESS. without it, it's like a car without fuel.

look through life from your own lens, not someone else's.

PrOF

• Sometimes a dev. Only sometimes
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 01:17:08 am »

I found Faucet UpNp to  easier to setup than forwarding ports. It should also be safer, as you're only opening a port when you need to

Derpduck

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 04:54:17 am »

Ok so some of the stickies could do with updating seeing as it looks like one of them uses screenshots from 2.0.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 37 queries.