August 25, 2019, 08:41:33 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Warframe  (Read 854 times)

INSERT NAME

• Look hard enough and you'll find this.
Warframe
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:05:42 pm »

What can I expect from this game if I invest 1-2 hours a week? I don't mind grinding within reason.
(Yes, I looked for a warframe thread before posting, but that one was outdated)
/aimbot

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
Re: Warframe
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »

according to a random forum i know nothing about, the grinding got really bad

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »

Fairly quick to get into, extremely fun if you enjoy excess movement gun styles (primary/secondary) and insanely fun when paired with melee only. Though it's an insane boring grind with the few slots you get as a free player, if you pay for slots it's easier to keep tabs on what you've already levels for your Mastery (which is what allows you to open more content, quests/equips alike)

Stealth is a thing though it's not as strict as 'get discovered, game over' but the whole map will be (or at least was when I stopped) on passive alert compared to even older the whole map stayed alert. Might have changed more since my leave. Full on guns blazing also works, but they you have to tune for ammo reserves as some missions will leave you nothing but melee for a while.

Later on you get underwater/space travel via the same suit though one is obviously slower than the other, interesting take though it can be frustrating when they can swarm you in 3D rather than general 2D

Not going to spoil anything as I left before hearing it went semi-open world, which sounds cool as all hell considering I've played on and off since being a closed beta tester for it, having nothing but the same copy paste grunt with a model size/texture difference between them. They are all rather unique though the bosses are a pain in the ass most of the time.

There is a storyline, and it does split here and there, but the sheer grind between them to unlock the parts or to be prepared rather than scraping by normally is far too prevalent.

Think the three starters are Excal, Volt and Mag now, though back when I started was Excal, Volt, and Loki. If you focus on strategy and powers, go Mag. If you focus on the mission/speedrunning or quickly getting into the movement of Warframe go Volt, and Excal has always been a starter since poster boy since it's been rather balanced from then until now with minor adjustments.

Volt was Beta godmode, and after release it was always rhino as I preferred it's balance.
If you want any straight tips, melee is without question the strongest.

according to a random forum i know nothing about, the grinding got really bad
Pretty much, but it's like that with almost all online MMOs

<3 Bustatunez

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:01:15 pm »

super grindy with not much to do once you hit a respectable mr and know how to play the market and farm out plat

1-2h a day gets you like one or two raids or a set of sorties, you realistically need 5-6 hours a day to do basic daily "necessities" and still have time left over for other things once you get deep enough into the game

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

INSERT NAME

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 07:31:45 pm »

hmmmm I plan to try it out but probably not in the foreseeable future
thanks guys
/aimbot

PrOF

• Sometimes a dev. Only sometimes
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 12:13:20 am »

I like Warframe a lot, but I'm also the type of guy that really likes the looting aspect of Borderlands so if you liked that, maybe you'll like this. The devs are a lot more open and "we'll update this even if it's not fully finished so you can give us feedback" than for example Valve. You shouldn't have to worry about performance

INSERT NAME

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »

just started yesterday
does anyone still play?
/aimbot

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:19 pm »

On and Off, haven't been on since before the semi-open world update
Currently switching ISPs so I won't be 'active' for maybe another week

<3 Bustatunez

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
  • i've got more dust in m pinky than u kids bodyss
    • i don't have a site so here's my Steam
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 03:44:23 am »

Spoilers ahead.

Game is grind to grind to grind, fun at first but eventually you realize A. that's all there is to it and B. this is not nearly the same Digital Extremes as the folks who made UT99 and as such are out to screw over the playerbase with .07% drop rates and "glitched :^))" loot tables and never-ending power creep. Melee is useful for the first couple hours until you get past the first few parts of the star chart/map and discover that unlike players, enemies are infinitely scaling and very quickly reach points where they can and will one-shot players with a sneeze and you have to grind for another hundred hours to do enough damage without using sneaky frame ability exploits that DE is always ever so quick to patch out because God fucking forbid players want to find an easier way to kill Heavy Gunner [137] so they can get their single fucking gun part and leave.

Source: put 1500 hours into the game, stopped playing when DE decided the space ninjas were actually meat-puppets controlled by incredibly annoying, ugly, and poorly acted pre-teen human children, uninstalled when they made the potato kids more and more important with each update and the fanbase- consisting by this point entirely of similarly aged children looking to self-insert and thinly veiled pedophiles- lapped it up like a melted creamsicle.
1:14 AM - Sani (Tethering is awful): if i go offline for no reason that means i've tried closing malwarebytes and in retaliation it decided to spit out an overflow and my computer not onl
1:14 AM - Spud: ah i see
Sani (Tethering is awful) is now Offline.

Pasiv01

• A
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 03:47:16 am »

If people just put grinding to the back of their mind they could enjoy the game and claim the incentives at a later date, while the game remains challenging.
Afk for the next few months - studying

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
  • i've got more dust in m pinky than u kids bodyss
    • i don't have a site so here's my Steam
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 03:52:50 am »

If people just put grinding to the back of their mind they could enjoy the game and claim the incentives at a later date, while the game remains challenging.
No, you don't understand. The game is grinding. From the instant you make a new account and have to grind resources to unlock parts of your ship or grind credits so you have enough money to fuse enough mods/fusion cores (which have a different name now?) to upgrade your shit so you don't die immediately, nevermind the rank-10 mods that you will spend pretty much your whole game-life upgrading because it takes a preposterous amount of time and effort to level that shit up, doubly so for those fancy silver Primed mods. And in between the whole time you're waiting for either 12, 24 hour, or 3-day stretches just for your shit that you ground for to finish building so you can actually use it.

You grind to kill things to grind to kill things, dealing with half-implemented ideas, broken patches, and laggy goddamn hosts from Brazil the whole time, and the playerbase as a whole has realized it only has limited appeal and has coined unfunny memes like "Fashionframe is the real endgame" to justify their continued DEcksucking instead of just not playing and being done with it.
1:14 AM - Sani (Tethering is awful): if i go offline for no reason that means i've tried closing malwarebytes and in retaliation it decided to spit out an overflow and my computer not onl
1:14 AM - Spud: ah i see
Sani (Tethering is awful) is now Offline.

Pasiv01

• A
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 05:49:05 am »

Pphhh come and play lotto. I wish I could get that addicted to my school work or learning Chinese.
Afk for the next few months - studying

PrOF

• Sometimes a dev. Only sometimes
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 05:56:38 am »

Since this is apparently a controversial subject here is my suggestion:
-Try it. If you like it, play until the Second Dream quest
-If you still like it, play until the War Within quest and check out the Plains of Eidolon
Chances are that if you've played until the Second Dream and you still like it you're going to stay. Otherwise stop because the game doesn't change much after, apart from Plains of Eidolon

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:01 am »

Pretty much why it paid off to closed beta test it, where there was easy money.

Loki is overpowered you say? Guess you never saw Volt in his original form. Back then if you built up your 4th power, you'd use it as soon as you'd spawn in the map and then it's just a jog to the finish collecting the loot because it's all dead, sometimes even the boss. Mostly due to the mods back then stacked on top of each others % value, rip old mods.

Wasn't just Mods though, they've nerfed the absolute nuts out of Volt too and introduced respawn on the enemies spawn points, lit up the infested areas to be a horde of flesh you just cut through rather than an apocalyptic zone like the out rim of space that's there to end you.

But that was also due to the power creep rather than just mechanic changes, though the power creep has mellowed out a bit since, the weapons are balancing out though people will find another game breaking way to use a weapon, like the old Tonkor which now deals self damage as an example.

They had an amazing build for it's previous states, then they'd just nerf'd it as a game to the ground and created a korean style grind. Everything you do needs more of that, and it's every single piece of the game that's like that besides the near non-existant storyline. Just want you to play their game by making it additive in the first easy bit, then suck you into buying platinum for things you want but don't have the patience for.

Pay to Win and cons in games like this is why I'm not interesting in Game Design.

<3 Bustatunez

Jam Pie

• Heroic Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »

Spent weeks getting a dog. It died of neglect when I went on hiatus. The story chapter prerequisites are vague and unhelpful. Aside from that, it's a pretty fun third person shooter for the first few planets. Probably better with friends.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.