December 06, 2019, 06:26:04 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Poll

Classlimits?

Highlander (1 of each)
2 of each
1 of cheesy shit like medic, engie, 2 of everything else
1 of stuff bad players flock to (sniper, spy), 2 of everything else (suggestion from GD)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: JJ's Democratatorship  (Read 3767 times)

Mr.kown

• /trash/
Re: JJ's Better Than BTW's
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 09:02:02 am »

when are you going to put new maps in

Sparky

• Seasoned Member
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 09:22:47 am »

no more ctf please there are enough :drool:

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2017, 11:34:32 am »

It's possible to code a check for player count on server and have it change shit right? So if the server is full, next map has a high possibility (or guaranteed) to be a 'larger' map than the normal small map rotation?

This idea might do well here, for the ctf 'issue' on lower player counts

<3 Bustatunez

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37:54 pm »

If your teammates are useless I think it makes sense to lose.
The problem isn't having a useless team. The problem is having two useless teammates on specific classes. The enemy team might have more, just on classes where being useless doesn't have much of an impact, like constructor or spy. Then if the enemy team has a mediocre scout and soldier, as long as they're not useless, I'm totally screwed if I'm not buddying up with people outside of the game to make medic-deto work.

Having higher classlimits won't change anything in that regard, except it opens the door up for VERY annoying cheese and countercheese options.
GG2 has been played with multiple scouts or soldiers on a given team, or god forbid even a complete lack of classlimits, since its inception. The behavior that happens in such a server isn't "cheese".

Say I were to increase classlimit for only soldier and scout:  heavies would very quickly lose presence on all maps except for KotH, and they'd still have a very hard time with all the rocketspam.
That's part of how the game is balanced. Heavies are mediocre on CTF maps. If you don't like that you should host less CTF maps, not gimp the class limits. It might be surprising for you to hear this but if I'm playing a CTF map and our scout sucks and I can't go scout I'm going to be a very unhappy camper. I don't care if the enemy team has two good scouts, if my team has zero passable scouts I'm simply not going to have a good time, and it's not because "my team is bad", it's because I have a failspy, except they're playing scout instead of spy and making it so nobody can play scout.

What's the response to that being an issue then? If there's one thing I've noticed when hosting, as long as people (read: pubs) have the room to do annoying, abusive shit which grabs a win, they will try it.
That "abusive shit" is how the game works.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:40:44 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2017, 04:43:48 pm »

<3 Bustatunez

2Wheeze

• i'm so tired
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 09:09:47 pm »

Here's a fun bug: if you eat your sandvich during humiliation on this server, your HP actually decreases.

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2017, 10:28:23 pm »

*Feature

<3 Bustatunez

INSERT NAME

• Look hard enough and you'll find this.
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:29 pm »

/aimbot

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2017, 12:32:59 am »

any idea who this is boiz
It was the SA vs FV WAR, everyone is named besides Sparky (kill flies), Bullets (Figet...etc), Jersey (zzz) who was host, and Derpduck that left after the three actual maps (DSM=BetterSpinjumping or something)

It was just Jersey having some end round fun since I pointed out DSM console can do fun things. :^)

<3 Bustatunez

JerseyJackal

• osu! Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2017, 06:08:17 am »

when are you going to put new maps in
When people make more non-shitty maps I'd be excited to throw 'em in. (hint: please make maps without the haxxy incentive mapmaking has died down significantly :z4: )
It was the SA vs FV WAR, everyone is named besides Sparky (kill flies), Bullets (Figet...etc), Jersey (zzz) who was host, and Derpduck that left after the three actual maps (DSM=BetterSpinjumping or something)

It was just Jersey having some end round fun since I pointed out DSM console can do fun things. :^)
Can confirm.
[9:57:21 AM] JerseyJackal Last Name: yellow snow  |  [10:02:05 AM] Danyon McKeown: is that all u got on me???
[9:57:24 AM] Danyon McKeown: yummy                 |  [10:02:09 AM] Danyon McKeown: u got nothing m8

[2:32:30 PM] Orpheon: also, the concept of stuffing food into a computer is just ...wrong
[2:32:35 PM] Orpheon: way more wrong than incest
[2:32:48 PM] Danyon McKeown: >implying either is wrong

JerseyJackal

• osu! Profile
Re: JJ's Democratatorship
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2017, 06:48:07 am »

I'm pretty convinced at this point that it's nearly impossible to appease everyone on the classlimits issue, however I can't help feeling it's unresolved. For now I'm going to keep highlander, though if you have an opinion on classlimits which are objectively superior, and can make a compelling argument (see: http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=37745.0) or bribe me I will be open to changing them. Sorry about ignoring the votes of the poll. People had similar opinions but everyone wanted some kind of different tweak, therefore I consider a lot of people likely voted for the option which is closest to what they want, but not quite there yet.
[9:57:21 AM] JerseyJackal Last Name: yellow snow  |  [10:02:05 AM] Danyon McKeown: is that all u got on me???
[9:57:24 AM] Danyon McKeown: yummy                 |  [10:02:09 AM] Danyon McKeown: u got nothing m8

[2:32:30 PM] Orpheon: also, the concept of stuffing food into a computer is just ...wrong

JerseyJackal

• osu! Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:24 am »

I have a few planned things to add to the server soon(tm). First, most of you guys have probably gotten fed up with some of the hacky antics going on in my server lately. Those shenanigans were me testing modifying projectile, character, and weapon object constants. With the data I collected (eyeballing what's bonkers broken tbh) I intend on adding a random chance that some of these constants are modified for a map. Specifically, a 1/50 (2%) chance that any given map features a one in the chamber gamemode (every class has 1 maxAmmo but each projectile / shot deals 200 damage), a 1/20 (4%) that any given map will have teamkill enabled for the entire duration of the round, and a 1/100 (1%) chance that any given map will be akin to 10x or 5x servers from team fortress 2, where all classes have very fast reload timers, very high ammo, very high speed, or some other buff which makes them entirely broken, but also not so strong that other classes can't contest them with their own buffs.

The next thing I want to add is very simple: a plugin which kicks spectators after 15 minutes of spectating or so. Lately I've been seeing a lot of people sit in spectator, and it hogs up several slots at a time, which comes off as wasteful and annoying to me since their presence is skewing playercount. This might be a DSM bug (or even Vanilla, frankly I have no clue) but I doubt people who won't even use chat are sitting in spectator for hours at a time and not going afk.

The last thing I have planned for now is adding is a voting feature which integrates with chat_v2. Seeing as there is generally a lot of controversy over classlimits, maprotation, etc., I'd like to implement an in-game voting feature which can give players the opportunity to suggest and implement alternatives on the fly.

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »

It's probably best then to have a plugin to modify classlimits on the player count on the server.

Example, Server limit is 20, 1 slot per class at default;

At 10~12 players, either 2 slot every class, OR, have an active variance of 12 players opens 2 slots for certain classes like Soldier and Healer (since the latter's job becomes a nightmare with too many patients to heal) where as 20 players has 2 slots for all classes.

This can even been changed with a <random> generator so it's not always Soldier and Healer than get an extra slot when 12 players are connected.

Please note there is a slight issue with GG2 that when you actively change classlimits, upon map load those that loaded right away will have certain numbers, while those that joined later will have different ones. So there's a visual confusion that'll need some attention

<3 Bustatunez

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2017, 02:36:23 am »

The last thing I have planned for now is adding is a voting feature which integrates with chat_v2.
Update to chat and get this feature absolutely for free!
If you buy now I'll also throw in mapvoting, votescrambling, votekicking and partying with absolutely no extra charge, no credit card required.
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 53 queries.