November 27, 2021, 09:04:54 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Project Interstellar  (Read 6779 times)

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
Re: Project Interstellar
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 06:50:22 pm »

Would you like me to start hating on your game? Sending death threats to you? Or can you be quiet and stop this crap so I can leave you alone???
Are you being fucking serious right now? I made a game (entirely by myself, by the way) and you want to blindly hate on it and send death threats because I called you out on the fact that you reposted GG2 and just needed some proper direction to make it legit?

I am honestly astounded at the fact that you play the victim on the GameJolt thread I made and now you act passive aggressive on this one.

Poop

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 07:37:59 pm »

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 08:30:23 pm »

lets get roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooight into da noose
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Dumbledank

• Lucky Member
  • Master of Ganjuration
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 08:51:27 pm »

is that a death threat

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »

is that a death threat
no its a meme you dip

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 09:41:57 pm »

Enough
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 10:41:12 pm »

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 10:53:12 pm »

Don't bit the salty bait and ask a mod to remove it

Summary of changes:
Code: [Select]
- Changed the health wheel to be a normal wheel that's colored.
- Added a couple more aggro ships.
- Changed the title screen to have buttons now.
- A few new animated stuffs.
- Two new modules: Mine Deployer and Auto-Turret
   - Mine Deployer: Drops mines by pressing X, manually detonates them with Z. Mines automatically explode 100px away from all neutral ships. Has a 15 second recharge before you are able to drop mines again. Mines can be shot and destroyed.
   - Auto-Turret: Automatically aims and fires at nearby neutral ships. Firing can be toggled with V.
- Shields now show how much power they have before the shield bubble drops.
   - Enemy lasers now have a change to reflect off of the shield, which can deal damage to enemies.
- Health and shields now regenerate slowly.
- Module Hubs now increase maximum health by 250 points.
- Your ship cannot wrap around the room anymore.

A few things still need to be added, such as the asteroids needing to be warped randomly once they leave the edge of the room instead of stopping at the edge.

Neat-o, will stack auto-turrets for fun now. When mines explode, are you pushed? If so, is it additive or capped?
Still hyped on the warp drive, will build more templates for 'zone difficulty ranges' if allowed

<3 Bustatunez

S0lid

• Makin skins is my new job here ;D Sm0k3 w33d!
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 11:37:48 pm »

Ok back to the thread... I like the game looks cool!  :woot:
Just $m0k3 w33d and $tFu.

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 11:43:25 pm »

Don't bit the salty bait and ask a mod to remove it

Summary of changes:
Code: [Select]
- Changed the health wheel to be a normal wheel that's colored.
- Added a couple more aggro ships.
- Changed the title screen to have buttons now.
- A few new animated stuffs.
- Two new modules: Mine Deployer and Auto-Turret
   - Mine Deployer: Drops mines by pressing X, manually detonates them with Z. Mines automatically explode 100px away from all neutral ships. Has a 15 second recharge before you are able to drop mines again. Mines can be shot and destroyed.
   - Auto-Turret: Automatically aims and fires at nearby neutral ships. Firing can be toggled with V.
- Shields now show how much power they have before the shield bubble drops.
   - Enemy lasers now have a change to reflect off of the shield, which can deal damage to enemies.
- Health and shields now regenerate slowly.
- Module Hubs now increase maximum health by 250 points.
- Your ship cannot wrap around the room anymore.

A few things still need to be added, such as the asteroids needing to be warped randomly once they leave the edge of the room instead of stopping at the edge.

Neat-o, will stack auto-turrets for fun now. When mines explode, are you pushed? If so, is it additive or capped?
Still hyped on the warp drive, will build more templates for 'zone difficulty ranges' if allowed

Mines don't push you or anything, but it sounds like a fun thing to add, since I can just imagine boosting using mines or something.

Ok back to the thread... I like the game looks cool!  :woot:

Thanks!

Edit: Just got homing missiles to work. Have a gif:

(I'm the red ship.)

Homing missiles circle towards other ships, dealing splash damage upon detonation like mines. If there is no target nearby, they fire straight forward. I might either map them to right-click or make a hotkey menu where you can map individual weapons or something like that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:25:09 pm by FlareFireburst »

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 09:06:03 pm »

Just got another module added that I've had the idea about for a while now: Miner Drones.

These small drones will automatically fly around and break up asteroids for you and collect the Ore. I might make these either more expensive or make them have a chance at not collecting the ore just to make them a little more balanced.

As of right now, I have decide if I should make asteroids become activated when near the drones so they can fly around everywhere or keep them only activated near the player. I may choose the latter.

To use them, just right-click on the Hangar (the box if spawns from) and it will deploy and search for asteroids. If no asteroids are found the drone will return to the hangar, but you can manually return them to the hangar by just right-clicking them again.

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:09 am »

Homing missiles circle towards other ships, dealing splash damage upon detonation like mines. If there is no target nearby, they fire straight forward. I might either map them to right-click or make a hotkey menu where you can map individual weapons or something like that.
Unless I'm mistaken, most missiles explode in a cone shape in front for the damage, the rest of the radius is simply backsplash/overflow. Could try for different missile types, early dets for hidden mine discovery, laser locking for single targeting, shelling off smaller missiles for better effect against shields. This is all later in development though, for some normal-SUPER FANCY ideas take a look at the latest Shell Shock tank game

Just got another module added that I've had the idea about for a while now: Miner Drones.
Figured you'd do something of the like, still pleasantly pleased. Like the above, Drones can also get variances between miners, small shield defenders and small attackers, etc. So far they look great, but you might want to try a different 'projectile' for mining, like a constant beam or something, though that might become highly taxing with too many Miner Drones

<3 Bustatunez

FlareFireburst

• (ಠ ∩ಠ)
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken, most missiles explode in a cone shape in front for the damage, the rest of the radius is simply backsplash/overflow. Could try for different missile types, early dets for hidden mine discovery, laser locking for single targeting, shelling off smaller missiles for better effect against shields. This is all later in development though, for some normal-SUPER FANCY ideas take a look at the latest Shell Shock tank game

Figured you'd do something of the like, still pleasantly pleased. Like the above, Drones can also get variances between miners, small shield defenders and small attackers, etc. So far they look great, but you might want to try a different 'projectile' for mining, like a constant beam or something, though that might become highly taxing with too many Miner Drones

I just changed the miners to draw a beam between it and its targeted asteroid so I can reduce the amount of objects in the room. As for the missiles, I don't really plan on making this a full-fledged realism-styled game. I mostly want to keep the style of gameplay to the minimum of "fly around and get in drunken fistfights with spaceships that are bigger than you". I do plan on adding something along the lines of a story or something like that to give the game a goal or a reason as to why you're doing various things.

I'm kind of split decision on whether I should make individual shops that are all around space or if I should just make the parts instantly be in your possession. The shops could make the game be slower, since the game progresses way too fast in my opinion. Upon starting a new game, you can just buy a few lasers and boosters, break like 7 big asteroids and already have two hubs and a metric fuckton of lasers and boosters.

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 04:51:38 pm »

I'm kind of split decision on whether I should make individual shops that are all around space or if I should just make the parts instantly be in your possession. The shops could make the game be slower, since the game progresses way too fast in my opinion. Upon starting a new game, you can just buy a few lasers and boosters, break like 7 big asteroids and already have two hubs and a metric fuckton of lasers and boosters.

Individual shop is a great idea, it'll rid the brain dead ways of pressing B for both selling and buying. Giving parts to the player should be part of 'quests/missions/favors' later on if that becomes a thing, especially if you're thinking of adding unique parts.

As for how players should start, the default of a single small cannon is still much appreciated, but you could spawn a handful of asteroids and a low tier shop of small cannons/engines/storage to start them off where the player starts for a nice slow introduction. That or a tutorial mode (skip-able/with the above) that requests you to achieve things before the next log is displayed so the player doesn't just run off with only the small cannon and dies to a random encounter (I've had spawned a few times on an angry NPC with multiple small cannons before, I'd hate to spawn on one of my creations)

Oh, will Power become a thing? Like needing generators to have a larger pool of energy to not run out during warp or extensive gun battles?

If and when phasing through asteroids stops being a thing, that will shake all grounds of how to fly in this version of 'space'

Would you mind if I attempt a pseudo copy in Unreal for the experience? It's got Blueprints that make it very friendly while still being hella complex

Edit: Oh I forgot to ask, v1.1.1 has multiple coloured ores. Are you going to make a variety of ore types as well?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:57:47 pm by Spazz »

<3 Bustatunez
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.