September 21, 2020, 03:57:30 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I just realized  (Read 2796 times)

AcidLead

• The Flash of the Action
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Our hero returns triumphant. Execute him at once.
Re: Re: I just realized
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 08:25:08 am »

Also Iji 2 when? Iji 2 that isn't shit when? Iji remade as an old school 3d FPS when?
If there was ever going to be an Iji 2, I'd really love more and better of the same gameplay style, but then again it's idiots like me that hold the industry back so maybe I'm just out of touch on how three axes would improve NOT BEING ABLE TO SHOOT WHILE JUMPING or CAN'T EVEN AIM AS WELL AS MEGAMAN.

The weapon combination mechanic was also cool. But I love weapon so that was bound to speak to me. The only other games I can think of that have something like that off the top of my head are Metroid aaand... Transistor? Also I didn't really end up much weaker in my pacifism playthrough as practically all of the enemies "killed each other and themselves", so I feel like the ResRef is way too useful for being derived from the useless ResDet (oh look it kicks enemies at less than the range of your kick). Maybe I just didn't "get it"?
fire at cyberdisc
eighty-five percent hit chance
doh, she missed the shot

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
Re: I just realized
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 09:56:42 am »

The detonator was useful in that it could kick multiple enemies from all around you, meaning that you don't have to bother turning just to deal with those assholes.

Here's to hoping that Ludosity picks up an Iji 2, which is the only way it would ever happen. If they managed to take a terrible, slow-paced slog like Ittle Dew and make it look like something interesting and playable with Ittle Dew 2, imagine what they could do with Iji.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
  • i've got more dust in m pinky than u kids bodyss
Re: Re: I just realized
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »

maybe I'm just out of touch on how three axes would improve NOT BEING ABLE TO SHOOT WHILE JUMPING or CAN'T EVEN AIM AS WELL AS MEGAMAN.
Well obviously three axes and a first-person perspective would change that. Just fuckin' like take Quake, change up the weapons, reskin all the Grunts into Tasen troops, Fiends into Komato Beasts, Shamblers into Annihilators, and so on, built it off Quoth so you have breakable glass panes and walls and stuff, and I'd play the shit out of it, regardless of how many important mechanics in the original game don't translate well if at all into 3d (like enemies ducking your projectiles and fuckhuge jumps and drops once you get the last legs upgrade).

Or don't go the speedy speed rocket jump and quad damage route and just make it a System Shock clone. Or Hello fucking Kitty Island Adventure or something. I don't care how it's done, I just want to see the DCMFPR facility in explorable 3D, despite how cramped and odd it would be if it was a 1:1 copy.

imagine what they could do with Iji.
Probably fill it with references to small colored ponies (without missiles) and obscure Swedish games no one has ever heard of.

As much as I want to know more of the stuff Remar has holed up in his head concerning the universe and lore, on the other hand I feel like Iji is a pretty good self-contained game that ended on an alright note and a sequel- or prequel, or sidequel, or whatever- wouldn't end up feeling as good as the first game, even if it was objectively superior in terms of gameplay/graphics/audio (not likely for the last one)/etc.

I dunno.
1:14 AM - Sani (Tethering is awful): if i go offline for no reason that means i've tried closing malwarebytes and in retaliation it decided to spit out an overflow and my computer not onl
1:14 AM - Spud: ah i see
Sani (Tethering is awful) is now Offline.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 12:16:25 am »

do it like hl1

alternate stories that happen at the same time as the main game

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 12:31:12 am »

That has potential, but you'd either have to use a different setting someplace else in the world- which would probably be possible, I'm sure Remar has it mapped out to the centimeter exactly where every planet-nuke and invasion ship landed in the game's world- or tell it from the point of view of one of the faceless aliums who had somehow gotten a hold of a nanogun that could run different ammo types like Iji's (easy way to handwave the limited armaments enemies use in the original game, compared to HL's Freeman, Shephard, and Barney who are all plain human beings perfectly capable of picking up other guns they find).

Or just make it six months of Dan sitting in a control room playing Dwarf Fortress.
1:14 AM - Sani (Tethering is awful): if i go offline for no reason that means i've tried closing malwarebytes and in retaliation it decided to spit out an overflow and my computer not onl

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 01:02:45 am »

That has potential, but you'd either have to use a different setting someplace else in the world- which would probably be possible, I'm sure Remar has it mapped out to the centimeter exactly where every planet-nuke and invasion ship landed in the game's world- or tell it from the point of view of one of the faceless aliums who had somehow gotten a hold of a nanogun that could run different ammo types like Iji's (easy way to handwave the limited armaments enemies use in the original game, compared to HL's Freeman, Shephard, and Barney who are all plain human beings perfectly capable of picking up other guns they find).

Or just make it six months of Dan sitting in a control room playing Dwarf Fortress.
Well, they already established Elem Sioz, the Komato Research & Development planet that Fleet Zontohya alpha-struck with Iosa on it, Ciretako (which is very heavily documented in the game), the moon base that the lesbian Tasen fuck off to (though that could invalidate the non-pacifist endings, which would be a bad option), and others. You could also do a spin with Ansaksie shenanigans to stop the development of GEN3 Nanoweaponry, or just general Tasen/Komato warfare.

Oh, also Hel Sarie. You could do plenty with her character.

There's plenty of options. I would get back to work on that one project in which you play from the perspective of Ansaksie and a Tasen Soldier on-board Ciretako that I started about a million years ago, but I'm busy with two other projects already.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:03:37 am by Saniblues »
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:28 am »

Ciretako already showed up in Hero Core, though, and I don't think Remar would re-use it as neat as it might be.

Elem got nuked and games that you already know the conclusion to are depressing, but I completely forgot about the moon base though as you said pacifist end with Dan living is the canon end, isn't it?

An Ansaksie spinoff would be neat, but players would go into it expecting to be able to use all the fun teleporty-shooty stuff they had to deal with when fighting Assassins in the original game and if those abilities were either not present due to difficulty of fun, useful implementation or were present but super janky and not fun to use at all, it would be a disappointing experience to say the least.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 35 queries.