September 21, 2020, 03:55:39 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I just realized  (Read 2795 times)

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
Re: Re: I just realized
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »

take your bullshit back to /v/ or /b/ then

edit: and i was replying to your post with the crappy undertale art not just the initial comment
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:17:31 pm by Intel Guard »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 12:32:20 pm »

lolk

so let's have an UT thread, which character has the objectively worst cosplays?

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36:42 pm »

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:36:59 pm by Intel Guard »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
Re: undermeme shitposting hell edition
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 12:39:27 pm »

If you want

I already split the posts
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Meower

• Community Manager
Re: I just realized
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 12:39:42 pm »

Give that choice to theta I guess

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »

Ummmmm..... idk.

I think our discussion is relevant to undertale strictly on technicality (and I don't see it as something that should be moved just cause there was a difference in opinion) so it should go in there at the very least, but I also feel like Acidlead's post is too. SO wouldn't everything have to be merged anyways?
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »

Yeah go for it

Not gonna lie I just wanted to split all of that out of the only Iji thread in 2016
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:44:54 pm by Saniblues »

Meower

• Community Manager
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »

Ummmmm..... idk.

I think our discussion is relevant to undertale strictly on technicality (and I don't see it as something that should be moved just cause there was a difference in opinion) so it should go in there at the very least, but I also feel like Acidlead's post is too. SO wouldn't everything have to be merged anyways?
yeah like it didn't really deserve its own thread in the first place, either join it with the Iji one or the UT general

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 12:58:11 pm »

I just want to open Yukabacera's blog and read the final entry that everything is okay and the Tasen weren't completely exterminated by the Komato, and that they and humanity are coexisting in harmony. Is that so wrong?

Meower

• Community Manager
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 12:59:43 pm »

Whatever Spod gets I guess

BIG D ENERGY

• I've seen it.
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 03:53:01 pm »

I actually wanted to ship this to Random Chatter when I got bored with it.

Stop highlighting things, you nerd.

AcidLead

• The Flash of the Action
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Our hero returns triumphant. Execute him at once.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »

I mean, not saying UT has no story at all or no overarching morals
you leave unreal tournament out of your poisonfandom

Overdramatized final boss, check.
What do you mean by overdramatized?
"look here's fifty hojillion projectiles from a boss that's like six stories tall and doesn't make sense, doesn't this shit look scary, also have some emotionally manipulative music bruh"

Author appears all but in name as a character, check.
This, too. I know there's the whole Toby 'Annoying Dog' 'Hack Fraud' 'Radiation' Fox thing, but who are you referring to in Iji? Her brother Dan?
Yukabacera might also work as Dan Remar, but that's a bit of a stretch - I mean, who programmed Hero3D? No, I guess neither really works well enough to be as blatant.

I didn't really mean to generate foaming-mouthed disputes, and I didn't mean to suggest either game is strictly better since I like them both. It just occurred to me how many similar characteristics they had, and it seemed odd that Iji didn't take off sooner, except it was pointed out here that since Undertale was built by a compatriot of The Hussie, it probably was made with poisonfans in mind. Which disappoints me, but that doesn't change what is.

A while ago I also started to wonder if part of why Undertale had such divided opinions was because it had Christian themes (intentional or not) but then again I also had a pretty bad fever and was medicated sooooo
fire at cyberdisc
eighty-five percent hit chance
doh, she missed the shot

Speed of Dark

• Veteran Member
  • i've got more dust in m pinky than u kids bodyss
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 06:29:24 pm »

Overdramatized final boss, check.
What do you mean by overdramatized?
"look here's fifty hojillion projectiles from a boss that's like six stories tall and doesn't make sense, doesn't this shit look scary, also have some emotionally manipulative music bruh"
It makes perfect sense for Tor to be six stories tall and shooting a hojillion projectiles, that's what the entire Komato army is about. The bigger you are and the more bullets you have, the higher your rank is, and who doesn't like overpowered alien exoskeletons capable of performing miniature planet-buster nukes so powerful they wipe your stats when you die?

Even the lowliest Komato Berserker is a foot-something taller than Iji who's over six feet already. Also the music is great you shut the fuck up, the only emotional manipulation happening there is "HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME/HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING LAGGY."

Yukabacera might also work as Dan Remar, but that's a bit of a stretch - I mean, who programmed Hero3D? No, I guess neither really works well enough to be as blatant.

I didn't really mean to generate foaming-mouthed disputes, and I didn't mean to suggest either game is strictly better since I like them both. It just occurred to me how many similar characteristics they had, and it seemed odd that Iji didn't take off sooner, except it was pointed out here that since Undertale was built by a compatriot of The Hussie, it probably was made with poisonfans in mind. Which disappoints me, but that doesn't change what is.
In-universe, Yuka programmed Hero 3D, yeah. Remar put up a whole bunch of tidbits on his site of a journal from the point of view of Yuka, mostly rambling about hot drinks and programming. So I guess there's a bit of an author mouthpiece there, even if the only mouthing Yukabacera does in game is dying horribly when you break down the door of his hideout and shoot him in the face with an MPFB.

No foaming mouth disputes going on here (other than the one that was apparently split from the thread that I missed while I was asleep?), discussion is fun. Also Iji 2 when? Iji 2 that isn't shit when? Iji remade as an old school 3d FPS when?

As far as I know Iji never really 'took off,' it's still pretty obscure outside of ancient TF2 demake forums and their affiliated groups and I know of more than one person that dropped it just because it's so unbelievably ugly and the various controls and stats are too much for people that go into it expecting a low production value, mashed-together generic indie sidescroller. It's a unique kind of game that takes a unique kind of enjoyment to play, which is perfectly fine because that means discussion about it tends to be more, "I really liked the part where Asha killed himself!" or, "How many hours did Remar spend putting in easter eggs?" or, "What the fuck is an Iji?" instead of various arguments about whether Undertale pandered to Tumblr or had transgay biracial manqueer whatever the fuck themes or if Toby Fox is actually Satan or what have you.

A while ago I also started to wonder if part of why Undertale had such divided opinions was because it had Christian themes (intentional or not) but then again I also had a pretty bad fever and was medicated sooooo
wat
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:30:45 pm by Speed of Dark »
1:14 AM - Sani (Tethering is awful): if i go offline for no reason that means i've tried closing malwarebytes and in retaliation it decided to spit out an overflow and my computer not onl
1:14 AM - Spud: ah i see
Sani (Tethering is awful) is now Offline.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:19 pm »

>and I don't think inaccessibility is the key factor, anyone can watch other no-lifers play hard games from the comfort of their room

ya but people don't get obsessed with a game unless they enjoy actually playing it

like minecraft

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 10:40:41 pm »

there are exceptions to every statement

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 36 queries.