September 21, 2020, 04:32:30 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tera (also general mmo maybe)  (Read 1451 times)

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
tera (also general mmo maybe)
« on: January 16, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »

Anyone get on Tera over here? I've sunk my entire soul into it because my girlfriend got me into it. Before Tera I really only played Path of Exile and some Nexon bullshit as far as MMOs went. Now I'm a Lvl 50 Lancer on Ascension Valley and I just aggro and tank everything while my girlfriend pounds on them from behind with her warrior (her warrior is a kawaii catgirl thing). Lancer is apparently a dying class or something but everything else is boring and/or easy as shit to use. I don't even understand why they put a gunner class in a fantasy MMO but whatever. The gameplay is really good but its a grindfest sometimes like anything else in the genre. It is fairly easy to farm gold for good weapons but you need actual money to enchant shit past +9 which sucks, making PVP and guild shit basically pay2win.

Pros:
- It's fun if you're into this sort of thing
- Lancer owns
- Easy to make gold

Cons:
- Catgirls
- Lots of Brazilians
- Pay2win shit

Looking forward to hopping on Bless and Blade & Soul when they drop as well
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:28:29 pm by Umezono »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
Re: tera (also general mmo maybe)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »

Cons:
-catgirls
-lots of brazillians

what's your problem

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »

Nexon bullshit

my friends got me into Vindictus because its supposed to have the best combat of any mmo

if that's the best combat available in an mmo i'll just assume the genre is complete trash. is tera or blade & soul any better?

Poop

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »

gg2s played tera for a period of time, everyone started the same and some got too high level and lower levels couldnt join certain quest. Needless to say grindfest games died fast.

I played Kai on vindictus upto level 72, from my experience combat is far more smooth on vindictus but combos are still limited whilst tera's skill combos are alittle more broad but not nearly as fluid. Vindictus is corridor mission type compared to open world of tera but still a grindfest (gears + weap really dont matter until you get to 70). give or take.

orph still really likes guild wars 2 but i dont think anyone else really got into it.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:30:42 pm »

Cons:
-catgirls
-lots of brazillians

what's your problem
its a joke
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Sergeant Brown

• Seasoned Member
  • I don't know what to poot here.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:36:40 pm »

Nexon bullshit
Hi, I play Elsword.

#TotallyHipster
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:37:01 pm by Sergeant Brown »

THE PERPETUAL CHAIN REACTION OF "DR. ROBOTONIK" DRINK!

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »

gg2s played tera for a period of time, everyone started the same and some got too high level and lower levels couldnt join certain quest. Needless to say grindfest games died fast.

I played Kai on vindictus upto level 72, from my experience combat is far more smooth on vindictus but combos are still limited whilst tera's skill combos are alittle more broad but not nearly as fluid. Vindictus is corridor mission type compared to open world of tera but still a grindfest (gears + weap really dont matter until you get to 70). give or take.

orph still really likes guild wars 2 but i dont think anyone else really got into it.
to party up in tera i find it best to make a character dedicated just to when you can play with your friends and another to play on your own, cause playing on your own when you're supposed to be in a party results in the probs you described. generally me and my gf have played exclusively together when we're online and finished all zone and story quests together and we are both evenly level 50 give or take a couple thousand exp
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Jam Pie

• Heroic Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 06:03:51 pm »

I've only gotten past the tutorial stage. I'd like to play it again if the launcher ever gets past 0%.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

Nexon bullshit

my friends got me into Vindictus because its supposed to have the best combat of any mmo

if that's the best combat available in an mmo i'll just assume the genre is complete trash. is tera or blade & soul any better?
tera combat is pretty intuitive to me. most classes have evade and block skills that depend on actual timing(monsters have clear startup animations as well as red eye flash for major attack). You can chain skills broadly (recently made even easier and admittedly braindead by a spacebar hotkey) which results in a lot of different methods of attack. certain classes are really braindead but once you hit the level cap supposedly its impossible to solo even with the most op brawler. mmo combat is really not complex tho unless youre going for shit like DFO or other korean anime combo based mmo type things. i doubt either of tera or blade and soulw ould convince you
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »

'general mmo maybe'

Anyone here know of Rappelz?

If not I'll toss some info together

<3 Bustatunez

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 01:14:20 am »

I played Kai on vindictus upto level 72, from my experience combat is far more smooth on vindictus but combos are still limited

Vindictus is corridor mission type compared to open world of tera but still a grindfest (gears + weap really dont matter until you get to 70).

if you played bow on kai that's literally the most braindead character you could possibly have chosen.
crossgun has a higher skill floor and way higher cap. If you're shit like me a bow is way easier to do damage with. If you're skilled crossgun is slightly better in solo and party.
source: lv90 bow kai -.-

still no combos, basically every character has a maximum dps rotation and you just try to use it without getting killed until the boss is dead

oh yeah there are minimal party roles every character is there for dps.

if Colton's Castle were a real mmo i'd enjoy the combat more than vindictus
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:16:04 am by bullets (obviously) »

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 10:50:48 am »

in tera, its basically just dps/tanks/healers. everyone has rotations (besides mega squishy healers) (i use lancer to aggro and tank but i have a damage rotation) but i also focus on using leash and shield bash to stun so the warriors can do more damage without me getting knocked over and killed as fast.
"god is dead."♫♫♫

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 06:11:55 pm »

a friend of mine paid a bit to see what the premium queue was like in B+S.

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »

"Estimate wait time: 208 min." -Premium queue

I'm sorry what?

<3 Bustatunez

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:11:47 am »

Cons:
- Catgirls
What kind of dank disgusting trash are you smoking
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 35 queries.