December 06, 2021, 02:28:59 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Poll

Would you rather

Make me leave this forum forever?
Let me stay in this forum?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Fuzion Insanity's Map Thread (Latest Map: koth_koth).  (Read 17313 times)

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion
  • "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
Re: TheRocketJumper's Map Thread (New)
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 09:51:54 am »

Not going to be a very fun map to play on if the entire playable area is flat.
Well the map's source is unfortunately also rather flat without the third dimension and boost pads/jump pads

Speaking of which trj that could be something you could consider adding (jump pads around mid and the ones on building tops and near the goal zones)
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:53 am »

(jump pads around mid and the ones on building tops and near the goal zones)
Around mid? Sorry I don't understand what you mean, but why add jump pads close to the goal?

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion
  • "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 10:13:09 am »

Around mid? Sorry I don't understand what you mean, but why add jump pads close to the goal?
If you remember pass_warehouse's mid, there are some air vent jump pads that let you take a path above the buildings

There are also boost type jump pads from outside the building that land you midway between goal and building, as well as a jump pad in a similar position but off to the side where that pad boosts you just into the building or something
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:38 am »

If you remember pass_warehouse's mid, there are some air vent jump pads that let you take a path above the buildings

There are also boost type jump pads from outside the building that land you midway between goal and building, as well as a jump pad in a similar position but off to the side where that pad boosts you just into the building or something
Yes, I remember. Although, the move character entities break the momentum once you're out of it's box, I feel like the side-jump pads on the buildings won't work as the way you expect it to. (Hey you never know until you try right?)

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 11:39:22 pm »

Here's the final WM and the unfinished BG
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:43:30 am by TheRocketJumper »

Derpduck

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 07:06:11 am »

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 07:52:41 am »

Well the map's source is unfortunately also rather flat without the third dimension and boost pads/jump pads
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:54:00 am by TheRocketJumper »

Derpduck

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

What a terrible excuse for poor map design.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:56:51 am by Derpduck [LORD] »

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 08:34:03 am »

What a terrible excuse for poor map design.
Please stop posting here.

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 09:45:23 am »

Possible FGs on some parts of the map, including the first building with a jump pad.

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 09:26:17 pm »

[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 11:29:44 pm »

Testing jump pads

Can you teach me at least what to improve instead of you shitposting?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:58:18 pm by TheRocketJumper »

<USPP> Spectatin

• ユ・モ・グェ・グァィー・ファィ・ディ・ツァォ
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Everyday is a good day
    • steem
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 12:43:35 am »

As a warning, I am pretty bad at detecting and interpreting sarcasm on the internet, among other things which I shall not mention as that would be not relevant to this post. Also, I have yet to play or observe the tf2 map that inspired this map.

Regarding the current walkmask of _warehouse, the entire bottom level is flat, as others have said. If you've ever played final_destination, exactly what to be expected will happen. Most maps have cover for a reason. Final_destination is fun now and then, but isn't the standard for map balance. I think this is what Derpduck was addressing earlier, the long expanse of flatness that didn't really change between walkmask editions. I see there are now slight depressions in the ground, but that level is still fairly flat.

The bottom level also features some platforms that seem to be a bit too high off the ground for most classes to access by jumping up, 14 pixels to clear the ledge. I'm not sure if this was intended or not, there might be jump pads that I'm not aware of.

Overall, when constructing tf2-inspired maps, it's important to consider map balance. Considering the really old, original version of 2fort, as nice and hip and cool that nostalgia is, it seems that preserving the original map was prioritized over balance, and thus it's no longer included in the built-in map rotation. Capturing the concepts, themes, and aesthetics of the original map is probably good enough, and also allows room for balance. This seems to be the case for the current truefort and 2dfort, although not everyone agrees with the balance of those maps.

I do apologize in advance if the tone of this post comes of as patronizing or something else unsavory.

also, you seemed to have misspelled your username in koth_suijin 
HI THERE :x6:(゚ヮ゚)☞
[Maps]

We reclaim this label of “pirate” and abjure its derogatory, incendiary implication. We are Pirates. We stand for the liberty, equality, and solidarity of all human beings, and against all threats they may face.

Fuzion

• Lucky Member
  • Blind asian.
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 01:03:51 am »

I don't really like quoting long texts so I'll just clarify some bits on the post above.

Alright, going with the unreachable platforms. I did those on purpose so that they can only be accessed by either rocket/sticky jumping or going into the jump pads, I'll in to more detail with the jump pads later.

Secondly, I know there's a huge sniper sightline because of the flat ground, but I plan to add bulletproof walls along with the entraces of buildings.

Now going to the jump pads, in the map there is a total of 6 jump pads, one on the first building with an arrow pointing up and 1 on each side of the warehouses. Don't worry every single class has access to all the platforms and rooms.

:talk:

Thanks for informing me about the spelling mistake on koth_suijin but I don't plan to fix it, that map's out of construction. Thanks for map making tips as well!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:36:09 am by TheRocketJumper »

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 05:17:00 am »

Can you teach me at least what to improve instead of you shitposting?
Can you listen to the advice people have already given you instead of being fucking ignorant about the obvious flaws in your wallmask?
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.