August 02, 2021, 11:42:01 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Server-sent plugin submission terms and conditions  (Read 1058 times)

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
Server-sent plugin submission terms and conditions
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:46 pm »

Thanks to this, I've decided it'd be best if I make people agree to some basic terms when they submit server-sent plugins, to save us trouble later.

So, here's what I quickly came up with. It might change later. It's just a short list of four things you agree to by submitting server-sent plugins, from now on. It's not relevant to non-server-sent plugins, and doesn't apply to older server-sents.

By requesting that we add your plugin to the Gang Garrison 2 plugin repository, you
  • grant us, the Gang Garrison 2 plugin repository maintainers, the right to distribute your server-sent plugin from the repository (or its successors) forever;
  • certify that the plugin is not malicious and accept that we will not be held liable if it is;
  • certify that the plugin is legal under US and German law;
  • certify that you have the right to submit the plugin to us and are not infringing any applicable copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:00:41 pm by ajf »
aka Andrea.

did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
Re: Server-sent plugin submission terms and conditions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 10:12:26 am »

the right to distribute your server-sent plugin from the repository (or its successors) forever

The origin of this part was some unreasonably petty behaviour on my part and you should disregard it now. While we would like to be able to distribute it forever (hopefully plugins can outlive their developers if they're simple enough), if you want us to withdraw a plugin we will happily do so.

We also reserve the right to withdraw your plugin from the repository at any time for any reason. In practice we won't do it unless there's a very good reason. I think the only time we've ever had to do this was due to a security vulnerability, though that's not the only reason we'd want to take something down (e.g. DMCA takedown).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:16:15 am by ajf »
aka Andrea.

did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 36 queries.