February 22, 2020, 04:19:59 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: General Disco Dodgeball thread  (Read 776 times)

BoltStorm

• Lucky Member
  • <insert memes here>
General Disco Dodgeball thread
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »

so i havent seen a thread about this little gem right here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/270450/

Disco Dodgeball is a ridiculously fun first-person sports shooter set in a dance club. All combat is one-hit-kill projectile warfare and your only ammo is the ball you are holding. Dodge, deflect and catch enemy fire, perform 360 no-scope stunt shots, and equip homing dodgeballs and jetpacks to dominate your opponents in a wide variety of multiplayer and singleplayer modes. (copy-pasted it from the store page because it is pretty much the same thing i want to say about it)

the developer Erik Asmussen ( is a very in touch with his community(which is rare lately) and a very nice guy in general, he is the moderator of the /r/discododgeball subreddit and i even played a couple matches with him and i got him as a friend on steam.

i really like the idea of his game and i am trying to support the game as much as i can. i bought a total of 10 copies of the game, 1 for my self, 1 for Srgt. Brown and all the others for random people and online giveaways on twitch and /r/GiftofGames.

it runs on the Unity engine and you can put your own songs in the playlist so that the visualiser can react to it, only downside to it(for me atleast) was that it only supports .ogg and .wav files(my files are .mp3 because whats the difference between all those types of musicfiles)

i hope you guys would give this game a shot. multiplayer is a bit ded every now and then but the sales for it has spiked in the summer sale and it is growing.

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
Re: General Disco Dodgeball thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 04:47:01 pm »

I'm not a fan of the visuals but it's pretty original I'll give it that

Sergeant Brown

• Seasoned Member
  • I don't know what to poot here.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 10:20:10 pm »

Just to give a TF2-ish perspective of the game; if you're pretty good with the Soldier's Direct Hit and have a good understanding of how predicting works, you'll feel right at home with Disco Dodgeball.
As for the physics of the game themselves, it's similar to TF2 but not quite; for example, you lose momentum when strafing, which is rather noticeable for the usual bunny-hopper/rocket-jumper.

Aside from that, it's about as solid of a game as Dodgeball on Disco Robot Truck Drugs can be. The graphics can be incredibly consuming in RAM (something that seems to come often with Unity-based games too I find), but you can easily toy with the many graphics options you have in order to find the right combination, so it's a non-issue here.
I don't play much Disco Dodgeball anymore (because of school and shenanigans), but it's definitively a game that stands out in Steam for all the right reasons, and is at least worth checking it out/keeping in touch because of that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:20:54 pm by Sergeant Brown »

THE PERPETUAL CHAIN REACTION OF "DR. ROBOTONIK" DRINK!

BoltStorm

• Lucky Member
  • <insert memes here>
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 02:36:53 pm »

for those interested, The game is now in the new humble bundle for only around 2,50

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 35 queries.