January 25, 2022, 10:49:06 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 32732 times)

2Wheeze

• that machine can kiss my ass
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »

>comparing genji to soldier and hazno to huntsman sniper

I will say this though, TF2's Soldier is the easiest class to play in any FPS I have ever played [which admittedly isn't a lot]. I said this in my rant when I "quit" TF2, give any Soldier main The Direct Hit and 4/5 of them would be fucking awful at TF2.

free crzy

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K20
    • drain gang track you down like a bloodhound
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2017, 07:01:07 pm »

i went from an open scout main to an invite soldier main in less than three months

debate the skill ceiling with me right now lameus

INSERT NAME

• Look hard enough and you'll find this.
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »

lmao "overwatch" thread
/aimbot

read my sig because im banned

• Heroic Member
  • Sigh
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2017, 11:02:56 pm »

I will say this though, TF2's Soldier is the easiest class to play in any FPS I have ever played [which admittedly isn't a lot]. I said this in my rant when I "quit" TF2, give any Soldier main The Direct Hit and 4/5 of them would be fucking awful at TF2.
i dont think you understand why splash dmg is so crucial to soldier's playstyle

read my sig because im banned

• Heroic Member
  • Sigh
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »

it seems fairly obvious that you haven't heard of the term, easy to learn hard to master. overwatch has none of those fundamentals, its a straight-forward game that focuses its mechanics on being a low-skilled game with a low skill ceiling. overwatch is easy to learn and easy to master. all you need is good aim.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:37:32 pm by read my sig because im banned »

free crzy

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K20
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2017, 07:09:37 pm »

i dont think you understand why splash dmg is so crucial to soldier's playstyle
"i can't direct scouts or anything else that can out-strafe me lol look at me go (_)_)=======================D~~~~~~~~~LolLeRbEArS~~~~~~~~~~"

real talk if you're mostly splashing as soldier and not doing it to pop them up for an airshot/disperse them away from killing your dumb ass, then you just straight up suck at soldier

it seems fairly obvious that you haven't heard of the term, easy to learn hard to master. overwatch has none of those fundamentals, its a straight-forward game that focuses its mechanics on being a low-skilled game with a low skill ceiling. overwatch is easy to learn and easy to master. all you need is good aim.
took me virtually no time to do the same with tf2 back in early 2011 when i had no prior FPS experience and jumped straight into the comp scene, while it's actually challenging to compete with other top level teams in OW currently and i've been playing that for exactly a year now

it's easier to aim in, sure, but that doesn't mean you can jump into it easily without positioning and map knowledge at your disposal as well

fuck me that's basically video game 101 right there that shit even applies to piss easy games like call of duty and the older battlefields
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:10:24 pm by goprostuntseriesvolume5 »

2Wheeze

« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2017, 07:39:10 pm »

Here's the funny thing about Overwatch though: It's so new that no one has been able to accurately gauge its skill ceiling yet. Most of TF2's skill ceiling [mostly solly's] is due to exploiting the physics engine, something I doubt Blizzard would tolerate.

I actually tried watching some comp TF2 matches and they were REALLY slow. The midfight is over in like 30 seconds, 2nd point is next to impossible to hold on every single map, and then it just gets stuck on last until someone gets sniped.

free crzy

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K20
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

My name is Not Important; what is important is what I'm going to do. I just fucking hate this world, and the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred, and I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance, and no life is worth saving, and I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill and it's time for me to die; my genocide crusade begins... here!

2Wheeze

« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2017, 09:19:27 pm »

I've never gotten the whole "Reaper is an archetype school shooter" joke. I get that he is the embodiment of "*teleports behind you* nothing personal kid." but from what I've seen from the character himself, he doesn't seem like a Linkin Park fan to me.

free crzy

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K20
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2017, 04:58:00 am »

I've never gotten the whole "Reaper is an archetype school shooter" joke. I get that he is the embodiment of "*teleports behind you* nothing personal kid." but from what I've seen from the character himself, he doesn't seem like a Linkin Park fan to me.
i'll never stop saying that after every potg/potm match as reaper ever

SevereHazard

• fuck this game
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

Overwatch was free this week

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2017, 10:56:38 pm »

little late there buddy
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Perci

• Brilliancegoat
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2017, 01:06:43 pm »

Just got this game, pretty fun so far. I have problems with seeing stuff in my face though. Very "attention-drawing" effects and 2D elements, and I also had to turn down my resolution a bit, which actually makes it surprisingly hard to properly see the 3D world itself sometimes. I think I can get used to it, though.
So far I have mostly played as Mercy, as we often don't have healers in quickplay and also I am very familiar with the way she plays, like, she's pretty much the same as Medic in this aspect: I try my best not to die/get separated from my team + look around and try to make call-outs while buffing my people. I find it a pretty easy way to be "pretty useful" in this game...

Sometimes still getting blamed for "no heals" when I am separated or dead though. :( But that's pretty normal to me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:07:13 pm by Brilliancegoat »

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2017, 01:38:56 pm »

Enjoy your new low skill ceiling game.

<3 Bustatunez

Perci

• Brilliancegoat
« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2017, 02:18:24 pm »

Enjoy your new low skill ceiling game.
Thanks I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 35 queries.