August 23, 2019, 02:28:54 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 18383 times)

GG2RBY

Re: Overwatch
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 04:26:17 pm »

fave character is bastion, robot man
http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/bastion/

this dawg can turn himself into a frickin turret with a sheild and then he can self heal and then lay down mines that track enemies and shoot and explode. like cmon kid its like the engineer from tf2 but insted of putting down a sentrey you are the sentriy oh mein godt like for shizzles mines that track enemies omg and he like birds yay

but yeah overall he looks cool.
the remote mine got removed, now his most powerful ability = turning into a mobile tank  :drool:

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »

Say what you want, I really want to play as Red Dead Redemption and the Social Justice Warrior classes

"time to reap"
Yeah Reaper's voice lines and general background/personality is the least interesting out of the 14 revealed so far
lmao

from the website:
BASE OF OPERATIONS: UNKNOWN
AFFILIATION: UNKNOWN

no backstory

just "mercenary"
his name is not important

TF2 ain't dyin' tho. Valve won't just sit idly and see the fanbase of one of their most sold/microtransactioned titles skedaddle away to a competitor. My guess is that either they're going to try some big event later this spring to rejuvenate the game or they're probably going to try something entirely different to divert the fans' attention.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:45:09 pm by Meower »

GG2RBY

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »

TF2's dev team is like 2 people, CSGO and Dota2 are both tons more profitable and played. Steam is even more profitable than those two combined by far. There's just a reason why they've stopped making games and focus on steam, steamOS, virtual reality and consoles instead now.

I honestly don't think they'll have an answer ready. I mean the last update (End of the Line) was supposed to be a big community update, hyped for 2 years. Those people worked months on a map, which Valve decided to scrap for the update because it was "too confusing for new players". This coming from the people who made fucking tc_hydro. Instead they added the option to pay 5 for stat tracking on how many ducks you collect in game. What.

As much as I used to love TF2, it's 8 years old, runs poorly, unplayable in pubs and actual good content hasn't happened since the first mvm update, which was what august 2012? I'm salty as you can clearly tell but I'm honestly done with getting my hopes up for TF2. This game looks exciting + it will have an actual dev team and support

Jam Pie

• Heroic Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

inb4 Overwatch themed hats.

GG2RBY

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »

Meower

• Community Manager
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 05:35:58 pm »

inb4 Overwatch themed hats.
way ahead of you
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=345511474&searchtext=

what a fuckin dork lmao
so you mean to tell me this might be ingame but the Leviathan is too much

TF2's dev team is like 2 people, CSGO and Dota2 are both tons more profitable and played. Steam is even more profitable than those two combined by far. There's just a reason why they've stopped making games and focus on steam, steamOS, virtual reality and consoles instead now.

I honestly don't think they'll have an answer ready. I mean the last update (End of the Line) was supposed to be a big community update, hyped for 2 years. Those people worked months on a map, which Valve decided to scrap for the update because it was "too confusing for new players". This coming from the people who made fucking tc_hydro. Instead they added the option to pay 5 for stat tracking on how many ducks you collect in game. What.

As much as I used to love TF2, it's 8 years old, runs poorly, unplayable in pubs and actual good content hasn't happened since the first mvm update, which was what august 2012? I'm salty as you can clearly tell but I'm honestly done with getting my hopes up for TF2. This game looks exciting + it will have an actual dev team and support
dude, the community makes all the work for the tf2 dudes

all they have to do is to realize they're shit at balancing the game

also, tc_hydro was a failed experiment, and they know it. Otherwise you'd have seen at least another tc map, which it clearly hasn't happened because no one wants to play "find the path that isn't a chokepoint in this round" for like 20 minutes a match. Same thing happened with Medieval. It was fun for a while because it was just a different way to play the game, but the melee combat is literally just push M1 and never let go. They're experiments, because TF2's popularity and raw player count was enough for Valve to try new things out, being the game that accessible. I don't see that shit happening in CSGO and Dota, simply cause they're much more methodical and drawn out games. You have to be good at the games to enjoy them, in tf2 you can just fuck around dancing like a prick while two texan assholes make that terrible ding sound for eternity, and still have some degree of fun. TF2 won't die for at least another couple of years, simply cause it has enough shit to do in it that you can forgive its flaws.

About overwatch, I didn't really want to care about it because I want honest reviews to give me some basic understanding of the game instead of being hyped about it. It could very well become an Evolve-like failure of a game. _Star pointed out some interesting flaws that seem to be major oversights, even for a game still in alpha (no forward spawn, Yogcast being hard to play because you need the kills to actually get the metal, some classes being basically locked onto certain spots that can be extremely overpowered especially in atk-def maps), so I want to see this game up and running before people can convince me it's the spiritual successor to TF2.

Also, I'm still waiting for the whole "characterization" to be put into the characters. I didn't look into tf2 until they released the meet the Soldier video, and that made me want to know more about the characters and the lore more than any "way past cool" line said by the chick from Big Hero 6. Half the characters are ripoffs, but at least I'll give them that their skills seem interesting enough to make me want to at least try them out. Then again, a game that bases its core on team-play should have incentives to do so, and I really want to see what they are other than playing Medic or Teleporter.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:37:22 pm by Meower »

GG2RBY

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 03:59:40 am »

eh they 99% sure won't add it due to legal issues

and yes the community did all the work for the dev team but what good is that if they decide to scrap that work and add ducks instead? Valve isn't any better at balancing the game though (see: pomson, short circuit, darwins danger shield, reserve shooter, baby face's blaster, pre nerf puff and sting, ...) The game just doesn't bring anything new to the table that isn't tauning or conga lines which made pubs even worse than they already were. It's not about them having to add more game modes but simply polish the current game. Optimization, balancing and bug-fixing.

One interesting bit was how the tf2 files had lines added to them that referred to an in game match making and highlander class rules. But it's been months and nothing has happened since, except for the addition of that one dumb Mannpower mode with grappling hooks which is supposed to be for "expert players". If they DID add matchmaking that's what it's probably for, something that doesn't make sense in the slightest. CTF with 10 intels, sentry's in the skybox and people spidermaning across the map with powerups that make them impossible to kill. Nice.

Yes Overwatch does have some flaws right now but the first beta isn't until later this year or possibly the start of 2016. They've already changed some aspects due to feedback (ex bastion). Flaws that get pointed out by people like STAR and b4nny who got invited to the closed playtesting will be touched upon, I'm pretty sure.

They've mentioned that the lore will be a big point mostly outside of the games (like TF2 and their meet the team videos). The game will have the incentive to actually work as a team in the form of ladders, matchmaking etc. They haven't revealed the big outliners yet though, we'll have to wait and see.

Sergeant Brown

• Seasoned Member
  • I don't know what to poot here.
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:42 am »

More than being TF2's spiritual successor, I'm actually seeing Overwatch as SMNC's, since that game got "discontinued" 2 years ago.

It sadly won't have the same style as MNC (Rest In Peace Mickey Cantor, Rest In Peace), but I at least hope that the gameplay will be as innovating.

THE PERPETUAL CHAIN REACTION OF "DR. ROBOTONIK" DRINK!

Meower

• Community Manager
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 05:57:52 am »

eh they 99% sure won't add it due to legal issues

and yes the community did all the work for the dev team but what good is that if they decide to scrap that work and add ducks instead? Valve isn't any better at balancing the game though (see: pomson, short circuit, darwins danger shield, reserve shooter, baby face's blaster, pre nerf puff and sting, ...) The game just doesn't bring anything new to the table that isn't tauning or conga lines which made pubs even worse than they already were. It's not about them having to add more game modes but simply polish the current game. Optimization, balancing and bug-fixing.

One interesting bit was how the tf2 files had lines added to them that referred to an in game match making and highlander class rules. But it's been months and nothing has happened since, except for the addition of that one dumb Mannpower mode with grappling hooks which is supposed to be for "expert players". If they DID add matchmaking that's what it's probably for, something that doesn't make sense in the slightest. CTF with 10 intels, sentry's in the skybox and people spidermaning across the map with powerups that make them impossible to kill. Nice.

Yes Overwatch does have some flaws right now but the first beta isn't until later this year or possibly the start of 2016. They've already changed some aspects due to feedback (ex bastion). Flaws that get pointed out by people like STAR and b4nny who got invited to the closed playtesting will be touched upon, I'm pretty sure.

They've mentioned that the lore will be a big point mostly outside of the games (like TF2 and their meet the team videos). The game will have the incentive to actually work as a team in the form of ladders, matchmaking etc. They haven't revealed the big outliners yet though, we'll have to wait and see.
why wouldn't they, do you think they won't distribute the game thru steam? I don't know if Bliz has their own platform tho so I could be wrong

no I meant that as in, all they have to do is to git gud at balancing the game and they could have the fanbase shit weapons and funi hats for them for a looong time, but they just have no idea what's fun and what isn't anymore
the fun thing about the weapons balance is that they completely abandoned their philosophy of "fun to play, fun to play against" and a lot of the weapons that people deem overpowered today could be fixed with very simple stat changes that even the scrubbiest of pubs could come up with. Phlog could just use like twice as much knockback any time the pyro gets hit, and add 25+ HPs to him so that he won't die immediately and can think of how much of a dumb shit he was for running towards a Heavy. Still tho, they have no idea because they don't think of this game as a serious one anymore.

the mannpower thing is once again, tests that valve does to see what the fans think of the game. It sucked, but people still booted up to try it out. That's good enough for them.

Again, I want to see how they implement the damn team strats and if they can make something that tells me the entirety of the characters' stories yet makes them interesting to play.
"Lore being a big part" means shit, imo. If the character isn't relatable or doesn't sound alive, he could very well have an impressive tolkien-level backstory, I wouldn't give a shit about playing as egyptian samus aran.

GG2RBY

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:03 am »

Blizzard has the battle.net client, it wont be on steam. None of their previous games have been

hello

• Lucky Member
  • nigga
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 08:51:53 am »

ehh sorta

they both wear weird masks with black hoods and they seem shifty/mysterious >.>

Meower

• Community Manager
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 09:58:47 am »

Blizzard has the battle.net client, it wont be on steam. None of their previous games have been
I didn't know that, tenks

ehh sorta

they both wear weird masks with black hoods and they seem shifty/mysterious >.>
this is a bad post
please get better

Sergeant Brown

• Seasoned Member
  • I don't know what to poot here.
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 10:45:24 am »

inb4 illuminati shenanigans

So who wants to play Torbjorn just for the sake of hearing that "MOLTEN COOOOOOORE!" ?

THE PERPETUAL CHAIN REACTION OF "DR. ROBOTONIK" DRINK!

skeleton dude

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 01:57:06 pm »

I hate dwarves

GG2RBY

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:34 pm »

I hate dwarves
he's apparently the worst character in the game so far. He can't build/upgrade sentries without killing people and his weapon is weak, gets rekt by others when he tries to do anything
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 35 queries.