September 22, 2021, 07:16:42 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Three Is Company - Results and Postmortem  (Read 19383 times)

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
Three Is Company - Results and Postmortem
« on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »

Hi. Here's the winning maps:

First Place CTF ctf_eiger by kildau

First Place KotH koth_cortraduct by Heenok

First Place KotH dkoth_runment_a1_fix2 by Asia

The following people are going to get the following prizes:
kildau - CTF mapping badge, special intel trail sprites, minor consulation badge
heenok - CTF mapping badge, KotH mapping badge, Crown of the Hill
poop - KotH mapping badge, "Other" mapping badge
derp - major consulation badge
Asia - "Other" mapping badge, Capture Capelet

You will be PMed once the prizes are added to the game. Keep your forum accounts valid, or else your prizes will be reallocated. Please PM me if there was a mistake in allocating prizes, or if an entrant has deleted their account.

Here are the issues I ran into running this contest, and what I'm going to do moving forward.

The rules sucked. They were obscure and wishwashy. This was part of the design, since I wanted to figure out how to run such a contest. Moving forward, the rules are going to be 100% explicit from the get-go, in the introduction post to the contest and be thought through better.

The voting system didn't work, and no matter how I do it, using SMF's polling system for this is broken, regardless of how convenient it is. Future contests will have a PM format with one voting stage, but it's going to be much simpler and more useful than the haxxy system.

You'll be required to rank each map in a given category from first to last place, with a separate ranking list for each category. You are encouraged to provide feedback for the map author, which will be forwarded to them if it's not destructive or excessively unfriendly.

Users will require five posts anywhere on the forum to qualify for voting, but when and where those posts are made doesn't matter. They can even be useless posts. This is solely to discourage the usage of alt accounts for voting and make it easier to figure out which ones are alts.

You will only be allowed one entry total, and you'll be disqualified from other categories if you do win in one of them. The limit on the number of entries is to encourage people to work as hard as possible on a single map, and simplify judging. Normally, this would be hard to deal with, and would cause precedence problems; however, the forced tiered voting system prevents such problems.

Entries will be required to have more than basic art. My standards aren't very high, but since this will be judged subjectively, give your best effort. Cortraduct is barely on the edge of having enough art, for example.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Re: Three Is Company - Results and Postmortem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:52:00 am »

My only prize :cry:

Poop

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:30:32 am »

at least it's unique. I think.

Will we have extra time to improve after
You are encouraged to provide feedback for the map author, which will be forwarded to them if it's not destructive or excessively unfriendly.
Kinda like those TV talent shows and what not.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:32:54 am by Poop »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »

You basically came in third in multiple categories but didn't win anything. Think of it like a mega third place.

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Chorus

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:43:13 pm »

Will we get the prizes like with the Haxxy's? Or just tell us 'never'  =/?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 06:00:05 pm »

The haxxys are still being implemented. I'm going to wait until Medo has time to start working on those again, because otherwise I'm going to cause a lot of trouble for him.

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 08:43:06 pm »

The haxxys are still being implemented. I'm going to wait until Medo has time to start working on those again, because otherwise I'm going to cause a lot of trouble for him.
actually im working on them right now, and may i selectively choose to not implement?
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »

Hello. It's been a while, sorry about that. I'm going to make the reward sprites for this now. I'm sure the people that offered to help have forgotten by now since development has been dead for a while.

[SGC] kildau

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 03:26:11 pm »

Nice to see this hasn't been completely abandoned.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 06:11:40 am »

Making the badges, but I have no idea what kind of design to put on the "other" mapping badge.

Heenok

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:38:43 pm »

some kind of treasure map?

also, as a *badge enthusiast* i would like to point out that if you won the first vote in all categories like kildo and I did, but lose the second vote we get more badges by default because we are finalists of more categories. Give me more badges.

And i must admit that my map is shit, even though it's up to the default rotation quality, would it be possible to use any other map i made?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 04:10:55 pm »

>some kind of treasure map?

Good idea. Not sure about how to make the sprite fit but I'll probably figure something out.

>Give me more badges.

I might just make a "heenok" badge since you kind of deserve a badge of honor generally speaking.

>would it be possible to use any other map i made?

Yes, as long as I approve of it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:15:59 pm by Phantom Brave »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 12:12:37 pm »

Okay, I'm waiting on medo to finish up some hat rigging code he started a year ago so that I can make the cape and crown without wanting to kill gg2.

... Famous last words.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 04:24:50 am »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 07:55:57 am »

I can't make capes, sorry, the system isn't there for them. I'm making hats instead.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 36 queries.