June 18, 2021, 04:03:17 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [MHWr] Through the Scope  (Read 7621 times)

FlipFlopMist

• Loading, please wait...
[MHWr] Through the Scope
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:30:24 pm »

A long silence had passed through the night air, and that disturbed the Rifleman; his fellow BLU comrades would have usually given him a signal of some sort by now, even that minigun toting idiot understood that having the Rifleman in a better forward position was always a good thing. It wasn’t just odd that there was a lack of sound at the moment, it was odd how it got to that point-the firing of weapons had died down gradually instead of suddenly, and the noise had gotten progressively smaller and smaller, less and less weapons being fired and used in the heat of combat…

That didn’t happen unless Firebugs were involved, and considering the building that his teammates had rushed into wasn’t currently burnt down to the ground, he doubted that was what had happened to them.

RED baddies, seven of them, by the Rifleman’s count, had fled to the outskirts of the small western town the two teams were currently fighting over and had taken refuge inside an old mansion atop of a hill. The bloody thing was really damn old, he could see even from his nice safe spot quarter a mile away that the wood was rotting. ‘Western Town’ was probably the loosest definition of the term, edge of some fields in the great American dustbowl, Colorado, with a dying forest surrounding them and a dried up lake.

At the bottom of the little oasis that had kept the entire area alive and thriving, was a precious mineral or something, to be honest, the Rifleman didn’t really care about the exact reason why the hell he was here at the moment, he just wanted to get paid for doing what he did best… And the only thing preventing him from getting out of here and going to someplace a lot less dry with a lot of spending money in his pocket was these last seven RED team goons.

The Rifleman leaned back carefully in his sniper perch, up in a twisting, leafless tree, and got a little more comfortable as he continued to wait. He could wait a long damn time; he was a patient man when the time called for it.

. . .

As the minutes dragged on, he stopped checking his rifle’s scope so frequently, not like he needed to stay in the scope at this distance anyways, his eyes could see a subtle change if one happened. Bored, the Rifleman went about the business of checking his rifle over, again a pointless endeavor as he already did this plenty of times over whenever he didn’t really know what else to do, but he did it anyways, inspecting his barrel, counting his bullets that he had left(more than 20), and just generally doing his best to kill time.

Time and people weren’t the same thing though, and after all was said in done, a quick check of his watch had told him that he had only been sitting there for another half hour. Letting out an annoyed sigh, the Rifleman looked once more down his scope towards the decrepit old mansion, before making up his mind to check out what the hell was taking them so long.

They had outnumbered the RED troops by six, not including himself… Not only that, but they were the last ones left, they were cornered rats and they were no doubt low on ammo and other supplies. This was their last stand, and even if they somehow managed to take on the Rifleman’s entire team, they hadn’t given any sign of checking for reinforcements, which the enemy tended to do. No, something was definitely off here and the Rifleman needed to get to the bottom of it, he could let them escape, even if they were alive, and he didn’t doubt in his abilities to take down any stragglers… That’s all they could be at this point, they didn’t have a Healer.

It was also possible that their own Healer was dead and the rest of his team was alive, just injured by some sort of last ditch attack… Hm, might even get a medal if he went in now and saved their bloody lives.

With that thought in his mind, the Rifleman dropped down from his perch, made sure his namesake was loaded, and adjusted his hat… Before starting down on the path towards the building his teammates had disappeared into. The walk uphill wasn’t too bad, it wasn’t too steep of an incline and there wasn’t much in the way of vegetation, excluding some dead grass, besides, he had already examined all the finer details of the hill(what little there was anyways). What his focus was, was the mansion atop of the hill, and even though there was little doubt of anyone attacking him, he continued to remain vigilant just in case that the improbable happened.

His rifle was at the ready, the man had the ability to reliably scope in quickly and shoot at any of the windows if it came to that, so he didn’t worry… Well he did, he was a squishy man that didn’t care for the possibility of a rocket flying at his face, and if that was the case he didn’t have too many options. It didn’t help that the mansion’s appearance was so ominous.. Every window was cracked and was nigh impossible to peer into, the porch and front door were partially destroyed, and it seemed like it wasn’t just because people had been partaking in warfare here. Buildings like this one just needed to be torn down and built anew, the Rifleman managed a smile, entertaining the thought of using his money to  tear the damn thing down…

Eventually he did make it to the decrepit old mansion’s porch, and made his way up the small wooden steps to the front door-he could feel and see that the Overweight had actually bent the steps when he had come through. Another possibility flashed through the Rifleman’s mind that almost made him chuckle: Perhaps that fat ass had actually misstepped, broke the floorboards, and now everyone was trapped in the basement? Boy, that’d be a story to tell the grandkids when he got older!

The man bit his tongue though and slowed his pace down though, he had to be ready for anything and everything, and most importantly not drop his guard. Upon actually entering the building, he was hit with the familiar stench of a battle’s aftermath, accompanying it were the familiar sights too. A limb could be found here or there, furniture had been destroyed and a few RED and BLU bodies could be seen on the floor, not fully intact… He counted up the casualties, four RED, and six of his buddies were dead.  The middle of the floor was broken through and presented a gaping hole in the ground, glancing down into the basement level shown at least one BLU team member had been crushed by a chandelier, no doubt it was a trap that had been set by the enemy…

The Rifleman walked around the entirety of the hole, that way he could see all around in the basement level and see if anyone else had ended up down there… But outside of a blown off limb, there was nothing else down there-trap must have been sprung prematurely…

Ripping through the air suddenly, was a scream, the scream of a Runner, it was a pained scream filled with desperation of fighting off crippling agony… That scream had been heard a few times by the Rifleman, he had heard those screams from the Healer’s tents that were hastily propped up behind the lines of battle, it was the sound of a man on the brink of death…

He licked his lips and his grip on his rifle was tightened almost to the point where it hurt, the situation he was in was dangerous, he was in a close quarters building with no clear sightlines, and yet, he knew barely anyone was left, on either side it seemed, and someone on his side was dieing…

After a moment of thought, he decided that now was his time to shine, he’d be a hero, he would be able to sleep well at night knowing he didn’t run a mile a while and climbed up into a tree to fight someone and let someone die, no, he’d be able to deal with this straggler! The Rifleman took in a deep breath and rushed forward, following the sound where the scream had come from, the worries about accidently breaking the floorboards underneath him and breaking something on the fall to the basement level was pushed out of his mind as he rushed down a hallway and through a large hole in the wall, only to freeze in his tracts upon getting into the dining room.
Sprawled out on the floor was a dead Rocketman, and it was a little difficult to see him in the dim moonlight coming through a nearby window, but after a second or two, he could see him properly.. It was a disturbing corpse, and that was certainly something that couldn’t be just idly be said with the Rifleman, as he had seen quite the fair amount of dead people in his line of work. The RED Rocketman looked like he had been flattened, his body looked… Just… Empty, like a costume of skin. The only thing left that was three dimensional was his helmet; thankfully the dead man was face down on the floor, the Rifleman didn’t dare try and wrap his mind around how the fellow’s face looked with the apparent lack of bones and crucial insides that held people together…
The man’s ears twitched and through his tinted glasses, he looked forward up at the kitchen, trying to peer into the darkness as his attempted to register what sound he was hearing over there. It was like wooden spoons being knocked together, or the sound of jenga blocks slowly falling apart, but upon that were other noises, the distinct noises of something being pulled and ripped… The Rifleman breathed slowly, concentrating on the noise and the more he heard it, the more it disturbed him… But try as he might, he didn’t know what the hell the noise exactly was, but he felt drawn to it, his own curiosity drew him in as he tried to figure out this mystery, it was exciting, it was awful, it was something that would haunt his dreams if he walked away now.
And so he took the steps forward, quietly and carefully, his footsteps quiet and deliberate as he drew nearer to the source of the hellish noise… And he felt the breath taken away from him by the grisly sight he came upon, crouched over the Runner, the same one the Rifleman was sure he had heard prior, was a skeleton-bits of flesh and blood still clung to the skeletons form, and the organs one would find in someone’s body just seemed to hang freely, barely constricted by the skeletal system and distinctive lack of flesh. Dangling from the skull was an eyeball, it just hung there above the body of the dead Runner, but worst of all was what the skeleton was currently doing-digging around in the Runner’s chest and pulling out rib bones.
Gagging a little in his mouth, the man took a sudden step back and leaned against the wall, hitting it with a small thud. This noise prompted the skeleton to twist it’s entire form to the side and stare towards the Rifleman, it’s one eye that remained in it’s socket was dead and didn’t look directly at him, and the other eye just dangled there from his skull, but he could feel the creature staring at him, he could feel it’s stare on him and could feel his breath starting to shake.
He didn’t just stay there and let the skeleton make a move on him though, the Rifleman was well aware of the need to shoot right now, to try and kill, if not handicap the creature, before it could attack him, and so he did.
With a swift movement, tried and true, he shot his rifle without looking down the scope, and as luck would have it, even in this terrified state of mind, he could still garner a headshot.
The entire top half of the skull was pretty much blasted off, and the brain that had stayed inside, dripping blood from openings in the skull still, was almost entirely obliterated and painted onto the surrounding walls and ceiling.
The fear was drained from his face for a moment,  and he cracked a grin, realizing that the skeleton was a worldly being and he could just shoot the damn thing-but then his face twisted back into horror as he seen the skeleton stagger back for a moment, before suddenly lurching forward at him. No time to reload his weapon or really counter attack, the man jumped to the side, and attempted to flee from the kitchen, only to be greeted by another skeleton coming after him from the open doorway.
Not going down without a fight, the Rifleman flipped his namesake around and grabbed it by the still hot barrel, swinging his weapon around like a makeshift club and tearing the second skeleton’s skull clean off… Only to have it’s body still tackle him, barely effected by the loss of it’s head. Struggling was futile once the second one joined in, and yet he fought and kicked as much as he could, he already knew what was coming though, he could tell.
The only bright side he could find on this dark night, was that his death would be quick.
They needed new skulls after all.

There, done. I barely found the time to put this much together and almost didn't finish it, but here it is.
On that note, I'm dissapointed I had to end it so quickly, but it happens.
Hope you folk like it.

Mr.Garrison

Re: [MHWr] Through the Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

It's weird that you posted it in short time after registration. But you could done it earlier, huh  :z4:

FlipFlopMist

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:39:52 pm »

It's weird that you posted it in short time after registration. But you could done it earlier, huh  :z4:
funny story about that, my account apparently doesn't exist, I just found that out today-I've been silently watching over the forum for moths now and decided to write this all up, changed my name from the dumb joke it was before, waited a day, then tried to sign in... And it tells me y name doesn't exist, but when I tried to make a new account with the same name, it told me it wasn't available.
My password isn't the issue, and I have no idea what is, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from posting this thing damnit, because I started working on this just because the other two stories were jokes.
I mean it was luck that the thing was extended like it was, otherwise I wouldn't have finished this.

I even tried re-signing in on mobile and on a computer, neither worked, and on my phone I had it set to "forever signed in" so again *shrugs* Don't know what the issue is.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:41:54 pm by FlipFlopMist »

Mr.Garrison

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 02:44:47 pm »

Oh, this explains everything.  :IAMONFIRE:

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »

What was the name of the account? I can probably dig it up and reset the password for you.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

FlipFlopMist

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 04:34:46 pm »

What was the name of the account? I can probably dig it up and reset the password for you.
same name as this one, but with spaces.
It was also Sizoring for the longest time, if that helps.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 36 queries.