November 28, 2021, 08:44:26 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The New Rules of Feature Requests  (Read 6858 times)

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
The New Rules of Feature Requests
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:24:42 am »

Rule 1:
No flaming. This includes flaming people for making bad requests.
Rule 2:
If you just insult something and leave, you're in for hell. This is cancerous behavior and will not be tolerated.

Rule 3: This board isn't a dumping ground for random gameplay thoughts.

You shouldn't just post some random mechanic from another game because the idea suddenly popped into your head. If you have reason to believe it would make GG2 better without sacrificing its integrity or balance, you should say so.

"Add medkits please they would really improve the game!" doesn't cpmsoder about what the game has to do for it, or propose what it actually does for the game.

Also, all balance discussion goes to S&T. This board is strictly for highly specific requests, not abstract ones like "Nerf the Rocketman".

Rule 4: Use common sense.

If you just started playing the game, don't post about what weapons should be weaker or stronger, because there's likely a lot more nuance to the subject than you understand.

Rule 5: Necrobumps are only allowed if you're contributing something new. Don't necrobump a topic just to say "So why wasn't this added?" or "I don't think this is a good idea!". In fact, bumping old threads with new ideas is much worse than making new ones.

Rule 6: No backseat moderation. This is a zero tolerance policy. Attempts to police the subsection in place of the developers or moderators, even if you're a moderator elsewhere, will result in prompt deletion, stiff words, and eventually punishment.

Rule 7: You should probably avoid spamming your posts with emoticons like :z5:.

Rule 8: I don't give a shit if something has been requested before. Treat all requests and their posters with respect. This is simply an extension of rules 1 and 2 and sometimes 6, but it can't be reiterated enough.

Rule 9: Megathreads should be avoided. They result in all sorts of conversational and organizational problems.

Rule 10: Polls are disabled. Links to third party poll sites will be deleted at will. Insistence on running checkbox polls will result in a warning, and then a section ban. Asking for posts on preferences on an issue is perfectly allowed.

Rule 11: Thou shalt not hijack active threads.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:52:35 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
Re: The New Rules of Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »

Rule 1:
No flaming. This includes flaming people for making bad requests.
Rule 2:
If you just insult something and leave, you will be punished. This behavior will not be tolerated.

Rule 3: This board isn't a dumping ground for random gameplay thoughts.

You shouldn't just post some random mechanic from another game because the idea suddenly popped into your head. If you have reason to believe it would make GG2 better without sacrificing its integrity or balance, you should say so.

"Add medkits please they would really improve the game!" doesn't consider about what the game has to do for it, or propose what it actually does for the game.

Also, all balance discussion goes to S&T. This board is strictly for highly specific requests, not abstract ones like "Nerf the Rocketman".

Rule 4: Use common sense.

If you just started playing the game, don't post about what weapons should be weaker or stronger, because there's likely a lot more nuance to the subject than you understand.

Rule 5: Necrobumps are only allowed if you're contributing something new. Don't necrobump a topic just to say "So why wasn't this added?" or "I don't think this is a good idea!". In fact, bumping old threads with new ideas is highly preferred to making new ones.

Rule 6: No backseat moderation. This is a zero tolerance policy. Attempts to police the subsection in place of the developers or moderators, even if you're a moderator elsewhere, will result in prompt deletion, stiff words, and eventually punishment.

This should result in a warning first. Only repeat offenses should result in the removal of posts. Also, I trust you also know that you simply move the offending posts to moderator reports, as well?

Rule 7: You should probably avoid spamming your posts with emoticons like :z5:.

Rule 8: Treat all requests and their posters with respect, duplicate requests included. This is simply an extension of rules 1 and 2 and sometimes 6, but it can't be reiterated enough.

Rule 9: Megathreads should be avoided. They result in all sorts of conversational and organizational problems.

Rule 10: Polls don't determine what the devs should do, nor are they valid argumentation evidence.

Rule 11: Thou shalt not hijack active threads.

I revised the wording for some of the rules. Please practice more professional wording with future updates.

I also added a note to one of them. I assume you already knew it, but I added it just in case.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:39:47 pm by Saniblues »
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:33:11 pm »

Please practice more professional wording with future updates.
No.

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:37:03 pm »

Please practice more professional wording with future updates.
No.
Practice more professional/neutral wording in future updates. And there are a lot of typos I fixed as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:37:44 pm by Saniblues »
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:17:35 pm »

Practice more professional/neutral wording in future updates. And there are a lot of typos I fixed as well.
Okay.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 09:05:21 pm »

Polls have been removed in order to prevent avoidable drama.

Please remember that simply asking the general userbase for their opinions on a subject is and has always been the recommended course of action for gauging what the forum userbase feels about a topic. The new rule forbids third party polling services like strawpoll as well as asking people to fill in checkboxes in a post for the sake of polling. Checkbox polls always misdirect conversation here, regardless of their intent, and attempts to force issues into polls will be seen as an attempt at manipulation in almost all circumstances.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 36 queries.