August 13, 2022, 04:15:39 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [Mod] - [BassMakesPaste] - Payload  (Read 8944 times)

BassMakesPaste

• Tweaking his nipples.
[Mod] - [BassMakesPaste] - Payload
« on: August 30, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

The long awaited Team Fortress gamemode that nobody wanted to put the effort into making: Payload!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
DOWNLOAD HERE
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Red Team, by standing next to the cart, must push it to its destination, capturing the control points along the way. The Blue Team has to prevent the Red Team from pushing the cart all of the way by standing near the cart to defend it and killing the Red Team players who are trying to push the cart.

Featuring:
-The cart heals the Red Team.
-At given points on the map, the cart can freefall (in any direction), landing safely below.
-At other points, the cart can ride a cute little elevator (along with anyone pushing the cart) toward its destination.
-Other points will simply make the cart teleport to the next point.
-The cart can ride up and down walls and go any direction you want it to!
-You cannot push the cart or block the cart while on the blue team undisguised or disguised as a Blue, but you can push it if you are a Red who is disguised as a Red.

Still here? What's on your mind?

:drool: "But Bass, I haven't played the game in years and I've gotten REALLY BAD! What can I do to experience this mod without having to subject myself to the humiliation of losing to a bunch of 12 year olds who have nothing to do except play this game all day?"

Don't worry, my friend, because this mod comes with a dedicated MAP EDITOR!, with many thanks to Derpduck for keeping it updated. If you find the game tedious and boring, you can still have your way with this mod by making some excellent maps!

Download PayloadBuilder here!

:drool: "What the hell is this tool? You expect me to pick up how to make maps just by looking at the source of the game? Tell me how to make a Payload map before I reach through the screen and kick your a-"

Settle down there! I was getting to that. Making a Payload map is much like making any other map! Here are the steps, with visual aids to help out, all in one helpful spoiler:

(click to show/hide)

Also featuring Disguises! (Press R as Infiltrator to use)

But since you can cloak forever, who cares, right?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:51:14 pm by BassMakesPaste »
<ThouBot> Thou neighboreth finds nay m'rcy in thou eaye. Thou common-kissing nut-hook.
<BassMakesPaste> nut-hook
<BassMakesPaste> thoubot, what is a nut-hook
<ThouBot> Thou'seth face..
<MrRatermat> OH BURN

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Re: [Mod] - [BassMakesPaste] - Payload
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 06:03:18 pm »

If I don't win any haxxies please make this a joint entry :hehe16:

Sir Loot-A-Lot

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:15:17 pm »

:c1: :shock:
Oooooh, maan! I really like this!

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:40:02 am »

Oh very nice!
Don't really get what the disguising is doing in there though.
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 04:38:30 am »

make payloadevators

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

aronhun

• Happily retired
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 06:03:31 am »

Oh my gosh freakin awsome I think it's a way better then the normal a/d control point matches, I really like it. You can see in my entry (cp_Blufort_beta) I made references, about I wanted to make it as a payload map. Now I can and I will but one thing. When in payload builder, I load a map (I wanted to check that original map how does it work and with what entities) but It doesn't open, and send me an error message. So I wanna make a payload map but don't know how. :D
Oh and Disguises, man ur a genius you knew how much i wanted it in gg2?
Best mod, for this year because this is my fav. gamemod in TF2.
make payloadevators
Yes you should, look at cp_Blufort (it will become pl if this 'll be a main gamemode) the 2/3 part of the map before the 1.st cp. there's a "lift" (or it just lifted). If I make a pl_Blufort. There will be more cp-s and at the 3/3 part, well it will be just like pl_upwards

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:16 am »

also pixelate the smoke

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

[SGC] kildau

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 07:07:14 am »

Now I can and I will but one thing. When in payload builder, I load a map (I wanted to check that original map how does it work and with what entities) but It doesn't open, and send me an error message. So I wanna make a payload map but don't know how. :D

I'm pretty sure you need PayloadBuilder http://www.mediafire.com/download/fni33691hd4is5s/PayloadBuilder.exe
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:10:31 am by kildau »

BassMakesPaste

• Tweaking his nipples.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 11:25:25 am »

Don't really get what the disguising is doing in there though.
I figured it was fun and it probably doesn't affect the gameplay too much, so it might be an interesting thing to play around with.
make payloadevators

also pixelate the smoke
Okay, but I'll need some advice when it comes to pixelating the smoke because I just threw it together in 10 minutes using a "how to draw clouds" pixel art tutorial.

How do I pixelate things without them being upscaled and/or ugly as fuck

I load a map (I wanted to check that original map how does it work and with what entities) but It doesn't open, and send me an error message.
Ah. Thanks for catching this.  I know what's wrong. I'll have it fixed soon.

I updated the Payload Builder so that it can read Payload maps. Attached to the bottom of this post is the entity file used by pl_addendum.

You can see in my entry (cp_Blufort_beta) I made references, about I wanted to make it as a payload map.
You totally should. And if you have any problems at all with the mechanics of the mode, the balance of this mode is not set in concrete.  My intention is trying to make Payload as fun and interesting for mapmakers as it is to play. The only things that are off the table are things that I don't have the coding skill to create.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:49:01 pm by BassMakesPaste »
<ThouBot> Thou neighboreth finds nay m'rcy in thou eaye. Thou common-kissing nut-hook.
<MrRatermat> OH BURN

Chorus

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »

I did not enjoy making.

pl_upward

BassMakesPaste

• Tweaking his nipples.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 10:31:16 pm »

I checked out how it worked and there's an issue:

I haven't properly explained how elevators will work because I haven't made them yet, so you used them incorrectly. I probably should have disabled them before I released it.
<MrRatermat> OH BURN

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:34 am »

mspaint
ctrl a
ctrl numpadminus
ctrl numpadplus

BassMakesPaste

• Tweaking his nipples.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 02:58:55 am »

Updated the executable, but not the builder. It works in its current form anyway, which is strange because it completely stopped working for me. I broke the walkmasks somehow and won't be able to recover an older version to see exactly what I did until my other computer is in-commission.

So, here's the changes I made:

-Pixelated the smoke
-Added elevators, teleporters, and a gravity switcher that allows the cart to ride along the ceiling
-Added an integer next to the cart
-Made the cart move slower
-Scout moves the cart as fast as 2 people
-When free-falling, the back buffer timer is not reset until the cart lands.

And here are the bugfixes:

-Disguised spies are now healed by the cart when disguised as red team
-Overtime no longer lasts forever if the timer runs out while the cart is stationary after moving back
-The cart actually has left-to-right (clockwise) movement potential now instead of just right-to left (counter clockwise)

Most of these things were ideas I had planned from the beginning, but didn't get around to making. I pretty much released this as soon as I had the cart's physics working smoothly. Also, because I was forced to transfer to my laptop, pretty much nothing out of this version is as well tested as the first release, so if you find any bugs, please document them well enough for me to correct them without actually entering the game.

Free Fall nodes are irreversible falls in any direction. The cart will assume normal character falling speeds for these, but will not be able to go back after it has fallen off of one.

Elevators work just like normal path nodes do, except they move a dropdown platform along with the cart in the direction of the cart's path. To create an elevator, simply adjust the node which you want the elevator to start on until it says the first elevator value (EXTEND, I think). Two clicks while holding e will get you an elevator on that path node.

Teleporters are path nodes that instantly send the cart to the next node without the old fashioned traveling between nodes things. They're also completely untested, so they might have a bug or two. It takes 3 clicks to get to the teleporter.

The Gravity Switcher is a node setting that makes it so that the cart is flipped horizontally and vertically. Pretty boring in terms of mechanics, but it would be interesting to see a map that takes advantage of this feature. 4 clicks gets you a gravity switching node despite the bullshit that the editor tells you.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:15:47 am by BassMakesPaste »
<MrRatermat> OH BURN

Chorus

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »

I enjoy making this time  :z6:

pl_upward_rc1

BassMakesPaste

• Tweaking his nipples.
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 02:30:05 am »

Bugfix/minor addition update. I added moving platforms which are essentially just elevators that aren't rotated. I also fixed elevators so that they actually work.

Elevators and moving platforms are dropdown platforms which add the cart's momentum to any character standing on them.
ALSO, since I'm back on my desktop, I updated the builder to properly display elevators, teleporters, the gravity switcher, and moving platforms.

I enjoy making this time  :z6:

pl_upward_rc1
Very nice. I'm glad you had a good time making it. I ran through it and it works really well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:35:10 am by BassMakesPaste »
<MrRatermat> OH BURN
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 51 queries.