February 27, 2020, 05:12:55 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Poll

What shall our Glorious starter be?

Tepig
- 0 (0%)
Snivy
- 0 (0%)
Oshawott
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 12, 2014, 09:15:34 pm

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pokemon Volt white 2 forum playthrough?  (Read 2392 times)

Osmosis

• Seasoned Member
  • DANG IT L
    • bringvictory.com
Pokemon Volt white 2 forum playthrough?
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

Sup forum, so I've been playing Pokemon Volt White 2 for a while now and I've been the poison and done the pokemon movie stuff (why is that here?)
Anyway, I come up with the idea of posting my playthrough on the forums because I haven't done anything like this before and I pretty sure it will be easy to manage and fun.

Now obviously I think it would be weird if I just started the playthrough where I am, but it would be very easy on me to start where I am.
There is also the fact that most forum based playthroughs are nuzlockes too make them more exciting. I've never done a nuzlocke and I am not too too familiar with White 2 let alone Volt White 2.

That's why the poll is there it's pretty forward, whatever option is in the lead by the end on 5 days is the one I'll go with. In the event of I tie I'll have a poll with the tied options and 2 days for feedback.

Volt White 2 is essentially the same game, but with ramped up difficulty, certain pokemon has had their base stats changed (usually the weaker ones), pokemon usually have at least one useful ability, some move pools have been expanded/bettered.

Now usually when I do a pokemon run I have a team of 6 planned out. So far I have 2 of the 6 and 2 others I have for utility. But I don't currently have a sixth planned so I leave this for the forum to decide.

Currently in my party
B+ Player (Servine) Type: Grass ability: Contrary (Turns stat drops to stat gains, Turns stat gains into Stat drops)
Dragon Rage, Leaf Tornado, Cut, Leer
Dragon Rage has been really useful early on because of the low hp numbers but has low PP

Rchizzle7 (Mightyena) Type: Dark Ability: Moxie (each kill it gets, no after attack events like toxic or weather, it's attack is raised)
Crunch, Tackle, poison fang, Howl
Mightyena gets moxie and a speed boost in this mod and I thought why not. It's kinda frail and currently has a small move pool, but can single handy sweep teams.

6fthax(Growlithe) Type: Fire Ability: Intimidate (Lowers opponent's attack on switch in)
Bite, Reversal, Fire Fang, Helping Hand.
Planning on getting evolite on this thing because it works well with intimidate and I plan on evolving this at level 45.

Riolu Type: Fighting Ability: ...
Quick attack , counter, other stuff
I have no idea why I still have this thing, I thought it would be useful for the first gym it wasn't, it's only fighting move is counter.

Others I'm planning on capturing.
Staryu
Fast and has a wide move pool of useful special attacks giving it great coverage. I have no idea where to fish for this thing.

Skarmory
An amazing physical wall with even better defensive typing. It learns move's like spikes, roost and brave bird (in this mod without breeding) giving it good options.

Aron
In this mod head smash doesn't need to be breed on to, and it also learns bullet punch. woot

Lastly, I'm doing this all on an android device (don't ask me how I won't tell you.) so the layout might not be optimal but you gotta do what you gotta do. The device is the Nvidia Shield Portable.

So hurry and get voting so I can get to delays and long stretches without updates  :smiley16:.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:02:14 pm by Osmosis »

Make sense out of this I dare you.

Theta Zero

• I've seen it.
Re: Pokemon Volt white 2 forum playthrough?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:45:37 pm »

I'm down. Also Volt White makes every Pokemon available to be caught, which is also neat.

Stop highlighting things, you nerd.

Alma Elma

• BEWARE, I'M ON MY PERIOD
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • Steam Community Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:49:34 pm »

I considered doing this but with video format to shake things up #woah

I've got the Joy, the Joy deep in my heart. Joy, Joy, Joy.
Do you?

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:46:16 am »

I'm down. Also Volt White makes every Pokemon available to be caught, which is also neat.
nuzlocked pokedex completion
lets do it

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Alma Elma

• BEWARE, I'M ON MY PERIOD
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • Steam Community Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »

lets do it
Impossbru...

I've got the Joy, the Joy deep in my heart. Joy, Joy, Joy.
Do you?

Trueblade

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Ike is my spirit animal
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 06:24:31 pm »

lets do it
that'd require at least 400 unique areas with grass to catch pokemon in/appropriate legendaries

good fucking luck lol

Osmosis

• Seasoned Member
  • DANG IT L
    • bringvictory.com
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:33:33 pm »

I'm starting to wonder why I made no an option.-

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:44 am »

lets do it
that'd require at least 400 unique areas with grass to catch pokemon in/appropriate legendaries

good fucking luck lol
play through game nuzlocked, then pokedex comp postgame

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Osmosis

• Seasoned Member
  • DANG IT L
    • bringvictory.com
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:51:26 pm »

And we have a Winner!

So Starting August 13th I will have a one day poll asking what the starter we should pick.

The Snivy line has a nice dragon typing at the end and learns moves like Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm being perfect complements with the ability Contrary

The Tepig line Stays Fire Fighting (still can't believe it happened three straight times) but has new abilities in Thick Fat then adaptability for its final form. Emboar is more physically based and has more Bulk, but has lost a good amount of Sp attack. It can also learn sucker punch now.

Finally the Oshawott line has an added Fighting typing and can learn Earthquake. That's about it. 

Get votin'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:53:00 pm by Osmosis »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 39 queries.