February 19, 2020, 07:37:40 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Calisto|NA West|Highlander|Items(for now)|  (Read 2013 times)

Avalon

Calisto|NA West|Highlander|Items(for now)|
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »

Calisto|NA West|

Alright so here's the deal. This server is running Highlander. However, I'm open to the idea of running almost anything. Would people prefer something with an item server? Highlander with an item server? Just a regular server? It's your call. This also goes for the map rotation.

And about my connection...well, it's complete ass, honestly. Your mileage may vary if you're on the east coast. Likely unplayable in Europe or Asia. Sorry about that, it's beyond my pay check. I'm too embarrassed to post a speed test. Jump on and judge it for yourself if you can tolerate it. There might be lag spikes every now and again, but there isn't anything I can do about that.

This isn't 24/7 either, obviously, but I'll do my best to keep it up.

I'm not picky about what goes on in the server, but don't be an asshole and start harassing others. Be respectful and don't be racist, use slurs, and just have common sense. Playful trash talking is completely fine by me, though. Spamming the chat is also frowned upon too. I'll probably warn you first, then kick you if you keep it up, and then ban you if you don't stop. I'm pretty lenient, though.

Anywho, on to more relevant information...

Player Limit: 14
Cap Limit: 4
Time Limit: 12
Respawn Time: 7
Class limits: 1 of each. (Highlander)
Server Plugins: chat_v2,itemserver
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:36:11 am by Avalon »

Oktoberfest!

• Proud Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
Re: Discuss the last/previous time you increased your speed level
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:27:56 pm »

Split and moved this to servers for the sake of convenience.

First of all, welcome to the forums! Ultimately, it's up to the server host to decide what kind of server they want. However, a few good guidelines that you might want to follow (this is based on competitive server settings, and I feel that those are the best server settings)

Player limit: Depending on whether or not your computer can handle it, 12-14 players is a good place to start.
Respawn time: 7 seconds
Cap limit: 4
Time limit: I'd say 12 minutes is good enough, unless you want to have quick rounds like Hanako. Feel free to experiment with them and see what people prefer.
Maps: These maps are pretty damn good. Feel free to pick and choose from them. You might want to avoid a/d cp maps (they take too long), most dkoth maps (once again, they take too long), and gen (most people don't seem to like this specific game mode)
Plugins: chat_v2 (best chat IMO), dkoth antistall. For a list of serversent plugins, check them out here.
Classlimits: Highlander is best IMO. If you don't want highlander, 2 of each class should suffice.

You should also host with DSM. It has a bunch of useful capabilities that are helpful to hosts.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:34:39 pm by Oktoberfest! »
<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

Oktoberfest!

• Proud Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
Re: Calisto |NA West|Highlander?|
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:30:35 pm »

Also, do you want me to add you to the server directory?
<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

Avalon

Re: Calisto |NA West|Highlander?|
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

Split and moved this to servers for the sake of convenience.

First of all, welcome to the forums! Ultimately, it's up to the server host to decide what kind of server they want. However, a few good guidelines that you might want to follow (this is based on competitive server settings, and I feel that those are the best server settings)
Thanks for the split and the welcome, I appreciate it! My apologies for being a bit daft and posting that in the other thread, though.

And thank you for those settings suggestions! I'll definitely be going with that at the moment. Still not really a fan of dkoth so I'll likely keep that out for now, unless people really want it. I'll stick with highlander unless something more requested pops up, but I'm a fan of it personally.

Also, do you want me to add you to the server directory?
Sure thing! I'd really appreciate that!

Harbleu

Re: Calisto|NA West|Highlander|
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:48:11 pm »

Gud server.

ZaSpai

• "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »

I hopped on this server yesterday when it was empty :drool:

Speed felt acceptable and comparable to other US servers I've been on (I connect from AUS)

And as Okto said, chat_v2 is probably the best choice of chat plugin for now.
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »

Welcome to the forums!

I'll note that while a lot of people love "highlander", there's a good number of people that set everything but what they believe to be overpowered to 2, and it just works. There's no problem with having two pyros, but someone might hate allowing two constructors or two soldiers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:10:26 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Derpduck

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 06:16:55 am »

My stuff... It's being used :wuv:

Anyway, not all dkoth is bad. You should try using dkoth_kots, it generally plays out a lot better and a lot more fun than other dkoth maps.

Avalon

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 02:15:08 pm »

Gud server.
Thanks!

I hopped on this server yesterday when it was empty :drool:

Speed felt acceptable and comparable to other US servers I've been on (I connect from AUS)

And as Okto said, chat_v2 is probably the best choice of chat plugin for now.
Glad to hear it! Yeah, I'll stick with chat_v2. Good stuff.

Welcome to the forums!

I'll note that while a lot of people love "highlander", there's a good number of people that set everything but what they believe to be overpowered to 2, and it just works. There's no problem with having two pyros, but someone might hate allowing two constructors or two soldiers.
Thanks! This is completely true. Perhaps after a few days if people are open to that idea, I'll try it out.

My stuff... It's being used :wuv:

Anyway, not all dkoth is bad. You should try using dkoth_kots, it generally plays out a lot better and a lot more fun than other dkoth maps.
Thank you for your hard work on the map pack and DSM! (I have yet to try your new Garrison Builder, I'm sure it's much better than the older one.) Alright, I put dkoth_kots on the server, I guess we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the suggestion!

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
Re: Calisto|NA West|Highlander|Items(for now)|
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »

not gonna lie i kinda expected this server to lag like shit since its in west coast but after playing last night it wasnt bad.
hope you take off highlander soon :P
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Avalon

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »

not gonna lie i kinda expected this server to lag like shit since its in west coast but after playing last night it wasnt bad.
hope you take off highlander soon :P
Hm! I think it has a tendency to lag every once in a while to the extreme (another thread someone had 80k+ ping) and it'll calm down after a few minutes. This is mostly my ISP's fault.

Sure! I'll take highlander off tonight and see how that goes!

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 09:40:17 am »

highlander is good don't listen to prim

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Sparky

• Seasoned Member
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:24 am »

Yay never listen to prime  :heheangel:

No seriously, highlander is actually cool, the only problem is when the medic spot is taken by a....person who doesn't even know you can heal as healer/afk :drool:

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 12:00:19 pm »

highlanders not good wtf
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Avalon

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »

Yay never listen to prime  :heheangel:

No seriously, highlander is actually cool, the only problem is when the medic spot is taken by a....person who doesn't even know you can heal as healer/afk :drool:
Would a solution to this be opening the medic limit to 2, where as other classes are 1? I think a votekick function (rtv/votemap would also come in handy) would probably be best, but I have no idea how to implement that right now. (Unless I haven't seen something regarding it, which is entirely possible.)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 37 queries.