October 04, 2023, 05:58:09 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Benetnasch  (Read 32344 times)

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
Re: Benetnasch
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 07:19:17 am »

GG2 is getting a whole new custom map format so I would rather not touch maps until that is all stable and released and well-used.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 07:53:23 pm »

Clients which connect to a server will receive a ServerPlayer index one higher than that ServerPlayer index which is highest among the used ones. Clients which disconnect from a server will cause all ServerPlayer indexes above theirs to shift down onto theirs. Every ServerPlayer index from 0 to the maximum one will be used, unless there are no players connected. The ServerPlayer index will be used strictly the batch management of player state.

Players will have a tripcode. This tripcode is used to identify players for the purposes of banning, chat, etc. A tripcode is a hash generated from a password for the purpose of being used in insecure environments which do not have accounts. On the first run, a tripcode will be generated based on the user's local time and various semi-random things. We don't have the most secure requirements, so needing lots of entropy is not an issue.

This tripcode will be sent to the server in such a manner using asymmetric cryptography to generate the tripcode hash consistently and on the fly so that neither a malicious server nor a man in the middle can steal the tripcode. The exchange for doing this is already known and is secure. One player is not guaranteed to have exactly one tripcode, but tripcodes are guaranteed to be very difficult to steal (more difficult than hacking some random CS newbie's website, for sure), and if passworded properly, difficult to duplicate/collide. Tripcodes are not a replacement for non-unique names.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:06:05 pm by Phantom Brave »

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Silent Boom

• Lucky Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 12:19:24 am »

Players will have a tripcode. This tripcode is used to identify players for the purposes of banning, chat, etc.

Why not just ban the IP? Tripcodes seem to be only useful if the person using it wants to be correctly identified.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 12:29:36 am »

I meant to say kicking. Either way, tripcodes are a useful concept because player IDs aren't static. I tried a static player ID system, but it was a pain in the ass to get right from a design standpoint (keep it simple, stupid), so I'm splitting up my concerns.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »

I did it, guys!

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 09:07:35 pm »

:woot: *applaud*
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

[FR]YB

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • There are 11 people playing holy sh
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 05:26:35 am »

You fixed networking?

So, it's like, done?

gg

Is there anything else to be done right now?

Inconceivable!

• Please?
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

That's awesome man!
Hate your life, but don't hate living. that way you have the motivation to get a better one someday.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 01:59:56 pm »

You fixed networking?

So, it's like, done?

gg

Add shit 8)

skeleton dude

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »

Replace those place holder sprites

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »

But why

Silent Boom

• Lucky Member
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »

You fixed networking?

So, it's like, done?

gg

Add shit 8)

What shit?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 07:19:06 am »

HUD scripting at the moment, go figure. I don't feel like doing anything but engine work.

Silent Boom

• Lucky Member
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 05:48:11 pm »

I've successfully compiled it, but there seems to be an infinite loop somewhere. (CPU usage gets slammed to 100%, and all I see is a black screen)

Also, they way you tried to avoid writing a Makefile kind of makes the bash script noodly. Perhaps a ./configure plus an actual Makefile is more appropriate. Adding the debugging symbols in there somehow, especially without all the overkill optimization flags, would be helpful.

(My environment is Debian stable.)

Is the lua just for HUD scripting?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 10:44:52 pm »

The Lua is going to be just for HUD scripting for now.

You can compile with debugging flags with `./test.sh` -d or `./test.sh -d server`. A full list of compile flags is at line 130 or so.

Did you run it from a script without the resource files (background, wallmask, text file, character sprites) in it? That would be a problem. The needed files ATM are wallmask.png, background.png, The Strider.bmp, and sprites/*.

You also need to have a server instance running for the client to spawn properly, else it'll just keep try to connect ad infinatum. It should still draw the background in that case, though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 36 queries.