May 09, 2021, 12:54:30 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [REQUEST] Comic hitmarkers  (Read 1208 times)

Venomous

• Heroic Member
  • Monoculus Whisperer
[REQUEST] Comic hitmarkers
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:25:46 pm »

Bascically what this does is make little comical text appear out of someones ass torso whenever they take damage. For example, getting hit by a bullet would say POW!, and getting hit by a flamethrower would say SCORCH!, and etc. Not really a gameplay change but would just be funny to have.

[FR]YB

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • There are 11 people playing holy sh
Re: [REQUEST] Comic hitmarkers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:19:38 am »

Sounds fun, let's do that.

How should it work exactly with the flamethrower?
I assume you don't want cloaked spies to show any of these annotations?
Do you have sprites for that? Or would text be enough? If so, what should be the color of that text, the same as the character's team, the opposite, or random?

Edit: done. Untested on cloaked spies, please report if needed
This plugin creates floating text (POW, OUCH, ME GUSTA, stuff like that) above a character's head every time it gets hit (unscathed time <= 1), with a minimal 15 frames cooldown. The text fades out after 35 frames, and disappears after 45.
Post any requests/suggestions
And I have to admit, it's really fun to use :p

Edit2: Would you like some kind of menus to change text content, text color, cooldown, appearance time...?
Also I have to take into account the possibility of using it with 60 fps. Currently it's still based on 30 fps. Doesn't mean it won't work with 60; it will be twice as fast is all.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:39:21 am by [FR]YB »

Venomous

• Heroic Member
  • Monoculus Whisperer
Re: [REQUEST] Comic hitmarkers
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »

Well that happened fast

Anyways I was just sort of requesting a groundwork for it, so I dont really have any suggestions but you can add anything to it if you want. If possible, maybe making your own images for text could be cool...

And yeah, it shouldnt happen on cloaked spies. Or maybe it should, but they would cloak with you, so you and your teammates could see them [and for a bit when you're hit and flicker, your enemies]? Would be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:49:52 pm by Venomous »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 36 queries.