April 07, 2020, 09:38:02 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [PLUGIN/HUD] Pterippus HUD v1.3 - u 'avin' a giggle der, m8?  (Read 6981 times)

Danikah

[PLUGIN/HUD] Pterippus HUD v1.3 - u 'avin' a giggle der, m8?
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:07:18 pm »

Pterippus HUD
by Cerapter, though it should be obvious from the theme naming

I have seen some HUDs and decided to make one. That's the backstory.

Basically, this plugin replaces most HUD pieces (mostly player related stuff, like health, ammo, healer/healed, sentry health) with CIRCLES, because who doesn't love circles.

Screenshots (pull 'em into a new window to see them in their original sizes):
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots from v1.1(.1) have been uploaded. v1.2 didn't change drastically to replace 'em.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:34:57 am by Lord Cerapter »

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Re: [PLUGIN/HUD] Pterippus HUD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »

If it was refined a little it would actually look pretty nice, I especially like the ammo HUD.

Danikah

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:17:23 pm »

If it was refined a little it would actually look pretty nice, I especially like the ammo HUD.
Thanks!

I myself don't like some of the stuff yet, but I got the basics working and decided to upload. I personally don't like the player health to be frank, but I have no idea what should I do to make that aesthetically pleasing.
What do you suggest I should work on?

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:17:53 pm »

This is really cool, will look into it.
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Venomous

• Heroic Member
  • Monoculus Whisperer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:19:58 pm »

Thanks!

I myself don't like some of the stuff yet, but I got the basics working and decided to upload. I personally don't like the player health to be frank, but I have no idea what should I do to make that aesthetically pleasing.
Hmm...
Well could you put numbers on the ammo meter? It seems as demo and engie I might get a bit mislead and accidently attempt to repair my sentry when im at 99 NnB thinking im at 100, then wasting the dropped metal :p

Another thing that might be cool is replacing ally health bars with a circle over the character. Would look futuristic and kewl :3

Danikah

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »

Hmm...
Well could you put numbers on the ammo meter? It seems as demo and engie I might get a bit mislead and accidently attempt to repair my sentry when im at 99 NnB thinking im at 100, then wasting the dropped metal :p

Another thing that might be cool is replacing ally health bars with a circle over the character. Would look futuristic and kewl :3
I dunno about the numbers. I purposefully avoided them, as you can see.

Also circles over the characters might be a little too much I think. They'd either occupy too much space or not be visible enough, so I'll leave them as healthbars. Also I'd have to modify the Character itself for it, and it would make some mods/plugins incompatible with this HUD.

Danikah

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »

Hate to doublepost (lies), but fixed a bug where the Healing/Healed HUD would appear under the Player's health.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 03:02:10 pm »

Hate to doublepost (lies), but fixed a bug where the Healing/Healed HUD would appear under the Player's health.
in the future you can just edit your post.
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Danikah

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »

in the future you can just edit your post.
I'm aware.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 03:07:50 pm »

RADIAL HEALTH BAR

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

RelicScattergun

• Real life limits my contributions for now...
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 06:02:32 pm »

Thanks!

First off, I agree with DerpDuck in that the ammo HUD looks nice. It would look even better if the rotation point of the weapon was centered in the circle so the weapon itself does not look off-center (like the scattergun). Resizing might also be appropiate for weapons like the rocket launcher. For the player health, I think you should use the same concept as the ammo indicator, circling the class image with a white bar as well (and remove the health number). I would say this is would be the most important thing to work on.

I also wanted to point out that I like the semi-transparent intel indicator :)

Relic is the most respected member of ze COMMMUUUNIOTTEEEY
I'm sure you're the exception and your port [of GG2] will be more successful than all the other ports.

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »

for object AmmoCounter:

Error in code at line 10:
   ammoNow = theWeapon.ammoCount/theWeapon.maxAmmo;
                                          ^
at position 41: Division by 0.

Happens everytime I played sniper.
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion
  • "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 05:22:48 pm »

Would it be worth changing the sniper rifle's hud to reflect reloading and charge (circle nested in circle)?
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

RelicScattergun

• Real life limits my contributions for now...
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 07:03:36 pm »

Would it be worth changing the sniper rifle's hud to reflect reloading and charge (circle nested in circle)?

On a related note, in order to solve the problem for :x17: s not knowing when they have exactly 100 nuts 'n bolts, maybe the nested circle should be slightly dimmer than it already is and return to its normal brightness when one's capacity is full.

Relic is the most respected member of ze COMMMUUUNIOTTEEEY
I'm sure you're the exception and your port [of GG2] will be more successful than all the other ports.

Danikah

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 05:53:28 am »

First off, I agree with DerpDuck in that the ammo HUD looks nice. It would look even better if the rotation point of the weapon was centered in the circle so the weapon itself does not look off-center (like the scattergun). Resizing might also be appropiate for weapons like the rocket launcher. For the player health, I think you should use the same concept as the ammo indicator, circling the class image with a white bar as well (and remove the health number). I would say this is would be the most important thing to work on.
I'll try to get the centering with the weapons. Every weapon has a different origin point, but sure, why not. Though I'll leave the resizing as it it, I like how some weapons go outta the ammo counter.
I'll use the same concept as the ammo and take a look at it. If it's okay, I'll leave it in.

I also wanted to point out that I like the semi-transparent intel indicator :)
Not my doing, that one.

for object AmmoCounter:

Error in code at line 10:
   ammoNow = theWeapon.ammoCount/theWeapon.maxAmmo;
                                          ^
at position 41: Division by 0.

Happens everytime I played sniper.
The current uploaded version has a fix for that, but I wanted to
change the sniper rifle's hud to reflect reloading and charge (circle nested in circle)
so, just wait some seconds.

On a related note, in order to solve the problem for :x17: s not knowing when they have exactly 100 nuts 'n bolts, maybe the nested circle should be slightly dimmer than it already is and return to its normal brightness when one's capacity is full.
That's actually a bug where it won't fill the 360th circlepart.
I'll take a look at it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 37 queries.