May 18, 2022, 09:13:10 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Serversent plugin - Actual Arena Mode v1.21 (AAM)  (Read 5076 times)

Danikah

Re: Serversent plugin - Actual Arena Mode (AAM)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 09:44:32 am »

Sent a plugin update to ajf that hopefully fixes Spectators and dead players seeing the markers weirdly or not seeing them at all.
Also, I should start counting the versions. This new one will be v1.2, because there had been 2 updates so far.

Skeletonwitch

Re: Serversent plugin - Actual Arena Mode v1.2 (AAM)
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 11:43:30 am »

:c1:

I am enjoying it so far, thanks.

Danikah

Re: Serversent plugin - Actual Arena Mode v1.21 (AAM)
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

Fixed a very minor problem in which I typed view_height and view_width instead of view_hview and view_wview, respectively.
It should work now. For real, this time.

Skeletonwitch

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »

Still getting that error.  Do I need to change name in ServerPluginList to something other than aam?

Danikah

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 03:43:45 am »

Still getting that error.  Do I need to change name in ServerPluginList to something other than aam?
Have you took down the server?
The only time you download serversent plugins is when you first host or when you first join.

If yes, then just post the error, I might have missed something else.

Skeletonwitch

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:40 am »

Pretty sure it was the exact same.  I had re-hosted...

I had taken it off for now until fixed.  I will put it back on to try and get error again later.

Danikah

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:56 am »

I now know why.
The http://www.ganggarrison.com/plugins/ page (where servers download the plugins from, obviously) still displays v1.2 as the latest, instead of v1.21.
Strange.

Danikah

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 11:04:46 am »

It is fixed now.

Kalir

• no one here
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »

This one's got some severe balance issues. Even disregarding infiltrators being hard to track down, the fact that there's no objective to go for just rewards turtling, which is a problem when you have a server full of dead people waiting to play.

:x26: Admittedly, normal arena games reward healers sharply, just because it keeps your players alive longer, and a superburst can contest the CP. AAM all but mandates a healer, since without something to force players to contest/defend, anyone who's wounded can just run around the entire map (this works better on some maps than others) and wait for healer-senpai to notice them. If your team doesn't have a healer, then you just lose, because you have to attack the other team and risk damage each time you want to get closer to winning, and they are under no such obligation (and when they do attack, it's with a superburst).

:x24: Overweight has much the same problem as healer. Although he can't regenerate or heal on-demand, any time he has a sandvich and no one's attacking him is time he gets to full heal, and since he doesn't have to risk health attacking a CP, he can just park himself where the other team has to attack him at a disadvantage and wear them down with raw firepower.

:x28: Removing the CP, even if the enemy is given a radar after the CP would normally unlock, still favors the hell out of infiltrators. Much like with the other examples, infiltrators don't have incentive to contest a CP, and they're already masters at engaging an enemy when they feel like. For dime-a-dozen failspies, this isn't a huge problem, they'll usually just wave their knife around and die. For professional infiltrators, it's a pretty hefty advantage, since you're guaranteed two free hits on average if the enemy doesn't know you're there. The worst case is glorified spectators who do literally nothing but run and hide, since even with a radar a full screen of level is still a lot of places to hide, and having no objective makes these much more common and frustrating.

All of these problems wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the main problem in that while players do optimal play of turtling (or suboptimal but highly defensive in the last case), there's an entire server of dead players waiting and goading for someone, anyone to die, even if it's their own team, because that means it'll be over faster. Last time I used this plugin, the first two rounds took three quarters of the full match time.
Praise Cheibriados.

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »

This one's got some severe balance issues. Even disregarding infiltrators being hard to track down, the fact that there's no objective to go for just rewards turtling, which is a problem when you have a server full of dead people waiting to play.

:x26: Admittedly, normal arena games reward healers sharply, just because it keeps your players alive longer, and a superburst can contest the CP. AAM all but mandates a healer, since without something to force players to contest/defend, anyone who's wounded can just run around the entire map (this works better on some maps than others) and wait for healer-senpai to notice them. If your team doesn't have a healer, then you just lose, because you have to attack the other team and risk damage each time you want to get closer to winning, and they are under no such obligation (and when they do attack, it's with a superburst).

:x24: Overweight has much the same problem as healer. Although he can't regenerate or heal on-demand, any time he has a sandvich and no one's attacking him is time he gets to full heal, and since he doesn't have to risk health attacking a CP, he can just park himself where the other team has to attack him at a disadvantage and wear them down with raw firepower.

:x28: Removing the CP, even if the enemy is given a radar after the CP would normally unlock, still favors the hell out of infiltrators. Much like with the other examples, infiltrators don't have incentive to contest a CP, and they're already masters at engaging an enemy when they feel like. For dime-a-dozen failspies, this isn't a huge problem, they'll usually just wave their knife around and die. For professional infiltrators, it's a pretty hefty advantage, since you're guaranteed two free hits on average if the enemy doesn't know you're there. The worst case is glorified spectators who do literally nothing but run and hide, since even with a radar a full screen of level is still a lot of places to hide, and having no objective makes these much more common and frustrating.

All of these problems wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the main problem in that while players do optimal play of turtling (or suboptimal but highly defensive in the last case), there's an entire server of dead players waiting and goading for someone, anyone to die, even if it's their own team, because that means it'll be over faster. Last time I used this plugin, the first two rounds took three quarters of the full match time.
some "fun" games we just played earlier eh
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 01:12:58 pm »

There was a recent bug report that seems to relate to this plugin:

https://github.com/Gang-Garrison-2/Gang-Garrison-2/issues/240
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.