April 25, 2024, 12:01:22 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.6.5  (Read 10634 times)

spellspark

Re: Gang Garrison 2.6.5
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:56 am »

I too am getting the "You have been kicked from the server..." message/popup/window/error thingy for every server I try to connect to. I manualy downloaded the binaries from the website.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:59:34 am by spellspark »

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 07:04:38 am »

Welp me too.

gg
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

Lord SecretMan

• Idiot.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 07:14:11 am »

I didn't even play GG2 these 3-4 days. I just played CS2D and look what happened. I'll stay on 2.6.3.

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:17 am »

I too am getting the "You have been kicked from the server..." message/popup/window/error thingy for every server I try to connect to. I manualy downloaded the binaries from the website.
So... turns out the multi-client limit does NOT sit well with port-forwarding, to our surprise. So you'll have to set MultiClientLimit in the ini equal to your PlayerLimit if you're using port-forwarding (manual or automatic). Which is unfortunate. :-/

And that's not even me rushing out a release - MedO accepted that code. Somehow.
^ This is why
did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 09:20:45 am »

Why dont you guys test shit like seriously. You pushed out two bugged releases and as soon as people update they are screwed unless they see this thread. Dont care if MedO's behind the code. Test your shit or let us test it before you release it so later you dont have to dismiss everyone with a fix they shouldnt have to be doing themselves. This is a surefire way to make us even less popular.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:22:26 am by Intel Guard »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:18 am »

In case you updated but still want to play, you can download the old working version here: http://www.ganggarrison.com/oldversions/

ajf

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 10:22:54 am »

Why dont you guys test shit like seriously. You pushed out two bugged releases and as soon as people update they are screwed unless they see this thread. Dont care if MedO's behind the code. Test your shit or let us test it before you release it so later you dont have to dismiss everyone with a fix they shouldnt have to be doing themselves. This is a surefire way to make us even less popular.
I didn't dismiss everyone, I'm just trying to show people how to fix it in the meantime before we push out a fix.

To be fair this particular bug was one nobody saw coming. And a tricky one to solve if we want to both prevent DoS attacks by default and still allow people to host.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:01 am »

You would see this bug coming if you tested it

If you hadn't released it most people wouldn't have to wait around for everyone to find a working version while you solved it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:01:51 am by Intel Guard »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 11:04:39 am »

Perhaps it would be wise to set it up so that the new version doesn't overwrite the old one, so that if the latest one is borked, the last working version is still there for players to use.
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:21 am »

Gee intel why are you so perfect being around all these imperfect retards.

I just talked with ajf and it was the smallest bug, pretty much impossible to find by looking at the code, and you can't really test an antimulticlient feature by multiclienting yourself.
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 11:06:34 am »

Gee intel why are you so perfect being around all these imperfect retards.

I just talked with ajf and it was the smallest bug, pretty much impossible to find by looking at the code, and you can't really test an antimulticlient feature by multiclienting yourself.
Gee lorgan then why dont you have mutiple people test it. I think we USED to do this....

Too genius for you? I guess maybe I'm just too perfect.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:07:47 am by Intel Guard »
"god is dead."♫♫♫

ajf

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

Because you'd need >2 other people connected to find it

And the release team is too small, and nobody plays Betas

:P

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 11:08:44 am »

Shitty excuse. Literally just post a beta, I'm usually one of the first there to test it. And it's not like other people aren't going to test it. Getting more than 2 people to play this is really easy. Or expand your release team??? Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

It sure beats making the game autoupdate to unplayable status.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:10:06 am by Intel Guard »
"god is dead."♫♫♫

ajf

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

Shitty excuse. Literally just post a beta, I'm usually one of the first there to test it. And it's not like other people aren't going to test it. Getting more than 2 people to play this is really easy. Or expand your release team??? Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

It sure beats making the game autoupdate to unplayable status.
The 2.6.4 bug was inexcusable, but seriously, I doubt this bug would have been caught in testing. People really don't play betas.

Corky

• dusty old bones full of green dust
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 11:12:46 am »

I'd be more than happy to play and test the betas

of course I haven't seen one since I've came back though
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:13:17 am by Corky »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 49 queries.