May 22, 2022, 06:41:44 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Server] Piercing Flames for Pyro, Regeneration RampUp for Medic  (Read 1070 times)

iLag

Ok, so, I made these two extremely easy and small plugins, but they may still be helpful even if they are nothing. I hope I'm not doing something the wrong way, but since I'm a newbye here, I don't know.

The first one lets flames and flares go through players, sentries and generators. Which is really cool and fun, but it needs some balance adjustment, each flame "projectile" deals damage more than once, since it's hitting various points of the hitbox. I... think. Well, whatever is the reason, I'm pretty sure the damage is way higher, so I recommend to use it together with this plugin here to change the damage of the flames:
http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=34064.0
I set the damage from 2.83 to 0.5 and it seems rather normal, kind of. If someone gets how much exactly it should be to do the same amount of damage that vanilla Pyro does, please let me know :3
Oh, and I don't know why flares go through enemies too, I wanted to change only the flames to do that, it seems that the two things are connected in a way that I don't really get. But I think it's pretty cool too, so enjoy (also it needs skills most of the time to hit more than one person with a piercing flare).

The second one changes the self regeneration of the medic to a ramp up system, so that when the medic is hurt it starts with a low value of regeneration until it gets to a higher regeneration value, when the medic gets to full health the regeneration becomes slower again. I normally set it as a nerf, since medics seem a bit too resistant in vanilla for my tastes, but you can set it as you prefer, this is the simple code:
regenRampUp = 0;
object_event_clear(Medic,ev_alarm,11);
object_event_add(Medic,ev_alarm,11,"if hp < maxHp then {if regenRampUp < 5 then regenRampUp += 0.5 } else regenRampUp = 0; hp += regenRampUp; alarm[11] = 30;")
The 5 is the maximum amount of health the medic can get each time from the regeneration.
The 0.5 is the growth of the regeneration amount, the higher it is, the faster the medic can get to the maximum value.
The 0 is the minimum amount of regeneration, which is mostly going to be zero, since the growth should be enough, but if you prefer you can set something else (obviously lower than the maximum).
Change all the values as you wish.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:58:07 am by iLag »

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Re: [Server] Piercing Flames for Pyro, Regeneration RampUp for Medic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:21:31 pm »

Add a check to see if the flames have already hit so they don't hit again.

From 0 it would take 10 seconds to reach full regen (unless you changed the timing) and that just seems likd too much, the regen is good as it is because it allows the medic to survive well enough in combat unless they get trapped and this seems to nerf it too much by placing the starting value so low.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:43:41 pm »

Regen isn't supposed to be like healing.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

iLag

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:07:43 pm »

Actually I experimented a bit with the values and I put 0.5 to show that even values lower than 1 can go, since it's a script made to be changed. I still prefer to put it at 1 growth with 5 as maximum though, I think medics should be a bit frail and the regeneration should be there only if they manage to flee/dodge. They still remain seriously important for the game, primary targets for enemies, having one in the team or not defines who's going to win (which can be considered OP at times) and I'm pretty sure this is not going to change even if they get a little more counterable. I think the regeneration is now used as defense because it can be, but I like it more as a "second chance" and that's mostly why I made the plugin. Oh and also 0.5 to 5 reminded me of TF2 since it needs 10 seconds there too, even though I'm still not sure if "30" corresponds to an entire second, does it?
I don't know about balancing the minimum by having a higher maximum, since they may tend to become even stronger that way, considering also that the regeneration stays at the maximum value if they get hit again before reaching maxhp. But if we don't consider that to be a problem, then with 0.5 as a growth a maximum regeneration of 8 means that a medic hurt until around 10 health will need roughly the same time it needs now to get to full health again (even a little faster); with a growth of 1 and a maximum regeneration of 6 that happens even faster.
(oh gods I wrote another wall of text again, I'm sorry, don't kill me)

I just started with making plugins, these are my first tries. I don't think I can do that kind of check for now  :z4: but I'll try to mess around a bit more and do it. Thanks for the advice!

What do you mean regen isn't supposed to be like healing? I know it's not important, but concept-wise it's even the same technology healing both the medic and the allies, also it makes more sense for me in general.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:08:42 pm by iLag »

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:04:10 am »

make it a serversent plugin so you can actually see pierce flames
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

iLag

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:59:24 am »

make it a serversent plugin so you can actually see pierce flames
Hmm, how do I make it serversent?
I forgot to test the plugin with a second client that did not have it, so I thought other players could see the flames, I checked only now and I really feel stupid. The weird thing is that I tried to host with it and asked someone if they could see the piercing flames and they said yes  :z9: maybe they thought I was talking about the afterburn on someone around the aoe of the flames.

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

iLag

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 07:02:20 am »

I see that the regeneration file has been downloaded 0 times, yet I entered kk8's server today and I received an error about "regenRampUp".
So kk8, I'm assuming you just copied and pasted the partial code I put in the OP at first, I think. I put the "entire" code of the plugin in the quotes instead of just the example, so it's clearer.

Dusty

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Dust in a box under a table
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »

If a server is hosting the plugin, and it's not a "true" server plugin (IE you don't download it) you wouldn't get code errors.
The "regenRampUp" error is on your end and yours alone at that point, I believe.

iLag

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »

Oh, that's seriously weird, because I had the regen thingie in my Unused Plugins folder and not in the plugins. But ok, that's definitely on my side, even though I really don't get how.  :z9:
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 37 queries.