June 16, 2019, 01:36:53 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Class guide] - [arctic] Tips on how to play pyro  (Read 2096 times)

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
[Class guide] - [arctic] Tips on how to play pyro
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »

Pyro has been rebalanced so many times that people barely play it anymore. Well here are some tips on how to play pyro (as of 2.6.2)

1. Contrary to other classes and popular belief, the most damage output comes from the edge or middle of the flames rather than a millimeter away from the edge of the gun. The flames also do not come out of the pyros chest so standing inside somebody will not do any damage.

2. Afterburn at its current state is garbage so donít expect it to do any damage to your opponent. Instead of thinking of pyro as a class that ignites things, think of it as a cross between quote and heavy. Pyro is rather mobile on his feet just like quote and shoots flames like the heavy shoots bullets. In fact, the pyro actually has MORE ammo than the heavy. With the heavy running 150 max while the pyro runs 200 max. So keep flames concentrated on one target.

3. Flares. They basically do next to nothing. Donít use them. After burn is horrible and the impact only does 15 damage. So one flare will probably only do 17 damage total. Plus they waste ammo. If your opponent is trying to escape donít chase especially if your opponent is a deto. Since deto deals with people that chase rather easily.

4. The pyro is not a class that can chase things. Despite its mobility, the pyro isnít designed to chase. Itís designed to ambush. Meaning you should jump around a crate and just puke all over anyone who decides to attack you. Alternatively you can wait for a target to come at you believing that a pyro is weak then just rain on his parade. The only time you should ever chase is if the one that gets caught in the flames is a slow class and remains in the flames as you chase

5. As mentioned previously pyro is like quote in ways. So some tactics with quote can be applied to pyro. fooor instance.
The real secret to playing Quote is by believing that the weakness of the enemy is that they are weak. When a spec of doubt is present, you will fail.
By utilizing pyros ammo amount. You can rush in and deal tons of damage. Each flame does 3 damage which can be fatal to the opponent in a high concentration.

6. The pyro isn't designed to mess with a soldier by deflecting all his rockets anymore. Think of it as an escape mechanism. When you have low health and a rocket is about to hit you, airblast it and make a break for spawn or a medic. Donít stand there with an imaginary trollface on your pyro. in fact donít ever stand still and wait for a rocketman to shoot you. All he has to do is dodge and shoot another one at you while you just wasted your ammo and can no longer airblast.

Summary: as of this update, most of pyros aspects are terrible so you have to utilize his most powerful aspects and the ones that nobody is aware of. pyro has always been a play it safe class because his airblast rate matches the rocket launcher firing rate and after burn lasted long enough to kill so flares could easily deal damage from far away
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:07:42 pm by thisisnotarcticgoawaystalker »
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
Re: [Class guide] - [Mustang] Tips on how to play pyro
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

While the ammo count of the heavy is 150 they cab only fire 68 bullets before they run out. Idk how many flames the pyro can fire though.

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:37:47 pm »

Pyro's speed isn't so you can chase people. It's so you can run the fuck away and change to a better class :panic:

notarctic

• arcticland
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:23:10 am »

Pyro's speed isn't so you can chase people. It's so you can run the fuck away and change to a better class :panic:
learn to wreck shit with pyro before you complain about it
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them

Wiggles

• Lucky Member
  • nothing he bloops he really bleeps
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:57:49 am »

bullet knows way more about this shit than you

plus it took you like three seconds to focus your fire on me while I was standing still :hehe16:

[19:31] <prime> kawaii desu~~~~~ [19:31] <prime> sugoiii~~
and you say i am a nigga

Jack Dalton

• salty cowboy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »

pyro is fine

my only real complaint is the airblast cone or whatever being smaller than in 2.4(or at least it feels that way)

edit: flares are not worthless either. they're good for intensifying the fire you already put on an enemy, and getting easy chip damage on enemies either coming towards you or running away.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:38:15 pm by Jack Dalton »

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »

That's because Jack is OP with everything
Noobs need penetrative damage or something to play a decent pyro.

notarctic

• arcticland
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »

bullet knows way more about this shit than you

plus it took you like three seconds to focus your fire on me while I was standing still :hehe16:
honestly im just gonna stop dealing with your bs.

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »

I disagree with most of the stuff in this guide, because the play style of pyro hasn't changed significantly as no features were added or removed, it just takes longer to kill people with flares. Soldiers can be dealt with pretty easily.

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

Doing anything with the pyro takes longer now, which reduces its usefulness.

Therefore, other classes are now more useful since pyro didn't have any unique abilities apart from airblasting, which doesn't really outweigh the other negatives anymore.

notarctic

• arcticland
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 05:33:19 pm »

I disagree with most of the stuff in this guide, because the play style of pyro hasn't changed significantly as no features were added or removed, it just takes longer to kill people with flares. Soldiers can be dealt with pretty easily.
ok fine, the way you kill things now is different from how it used to work.

Chail

• ZDaemon LOL :O
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 05:42:35 am »

Pyro is slow :cry:

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 06:29:18 am »

Pyro is one of the fastest classes in the game.

Chail

• ZDaemon LOL :O
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

Pyro is one of the fastest classes in the game.
I mean that it does not slow, and that his weapon for close combat, but not for long.

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »

Close ranged?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 36 queries.