December 06, 2021, 04:50:21 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: show cursor of the person you are spectating  (Read 2645 times)

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
show cursor of the person you are spectating
« on: July 16, 2013, 12:42:29 am »

so when spectating can we be able to see the cursor of the person being spectated? so we can learn how others do things and confirm if a person is aimbotting or not
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Chu

• Dino man
  • 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • hm
    • Steam Account
Re: show cursor of the person you are spectating
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

the server never sends the position of the cursor, only the angle; there's no way to tell exactly where somebody is aiming.
Click links.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:45:14 am »

lack of existing technical support for something does not supersede possible support for it

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:00:49 am »

The point about aimbotting is interesting though, because a naive aimbot wouldn't actually change mouse position, so would be very easily seen.
Also, how precise would be sending a byte for the x position relative to the character and a byte for the y, normalized so that edge of the screen = 128?
Because if it doesn't actually affect gameplay, then we'd send the same amount of info as we currently do.

Or we could leave the system as it is and send 1 additional byte for the distance, just for rendering. Spectators would see the cursor snap a bit more than it should, but that's probably not a huge problem.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:01:04 am by Orpheon »

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 03:14:13 am »

The point about aimbotting is interesting though, because a naive aimbot wouldn't actually change mouse position, so would be very easily seen.
Also, how precise would be sending a byte for the x position relative to the character and a byte for the y, normalized so that edge of the screen = 128?
Because if it doesn't actually affect gameplay, then we'd send the same amount of info as we currently do.

Or we could leave the system as it is and send 1 additional byte for the distance, just for rendering. Spectators would see the cursor snap a bit more than it should, but that's probably not a huge problem.
well i guess you have to try to see how precise it is
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

Vindicator

• Developer
    • http://www.kylemoy.org/
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »

well i guess you have to try to see how precise it is

Well, given the screen size of 800x600, the furthest the cursor could be is 500- at any corner. To fit that in a byte you'd have to lower the accuracy to within 4ish pixels. That's not really that bad, for spectating purposes anyway.

iLegend

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Force is always the answer.
    • Mah Resume
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

nothing wrong with 4 pixels, and I'm pretty sure most of us can handle an extra 4 bytes. We should implement mouse position anyway because it opens up possibilities for interesting mods and plugins.

the aimbot thing would never work.
since any existing aimbot calculates the angle and then shoots that at the server, all the client has to do now is just multiply that angle by a random distance and aimbot tracking is gone.

Yeah sure youd make the aimbot fail the first time but the guy would quickly recognize it, especially since gg2 is open source and any aimbot detection would most likely be straight in the source.
<SecretMan> do i put BotAim.gml in plugins folder?
i hear los angeles is pretty good for casual sex with minors

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 04:35:30 pm »

welcome to AFR

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Another one --
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:56 pm »

Implemented.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 37 queries.