June 16, 2019, 01:36:27 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Class guide] - [21Dan] - [I fear no man, but that thing, it scares me]  (Read 2914 times)

21Dan

"One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind the mask. What dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty."

- Blue spy

The Firebug is one of the most underrated class in the game but with this guide you'll see that he can be reliable in certain situations. I'll show you the basics, not going too deep because no one has the time to read guides and basically common sense will guide you while you'll be a firebug and you'll know what to do.

-Let's start with the weapon and its benefits.

The flamethrower |dealing damage and evading from danger|
*flames* left click*airblast* right click*fire ball* left click+right click                                                                                             

Basically, add damage with the flamethrower(left click) and escape as quick as possible from enemies by pressing right click and air blasting them to a safer distance for you and for your team. More detailed in certain situations, I will explain via pictures and a few lines of text.

While hiding behind a box or something wait until you get the perfect occasion to charge and add some flames to your enemy. Use the flames but also use the fireball that you can use by pressing left and right click at the same time, also use the airblast to move your enemies a little further from you, then run for cover or health.

This situation is hopeless, the only thing you can do is reflect and air blast them until your team arrives. Don't go all "Lerooooy[..]" on them, stay cool and keep them at a distance. If you take too much damage just run for cover(the next box) or health.
*airblast* *airblast* *airblast*

-Now let's check out how to survive without getting hurt to much.

Meal shields, boxes, fast movement around slower classes, hit and run, etc. Always move, never stand in one place. Stay hidden from enemy fire when you're low on health, just use the fireball, you only have 120 hp so without a healer you're shit. Because the firebug is so powerless, you will be more as a support for other classes such as rocketmans or detos. Protect others too by airblasting your enemies to a safe distance. This situation is ideal if between you and your enemy is a box.
*keeping the overweight away from the healer and not letting him jump the box*

This is pretty cool and it's one of my favourite situations, air blasting enemies to enemy fire.
                   *airblasting into rocket/projectiles*

-Let's check some useful stuff you can do.

1.You're fast, very fast, so don't be afraid to go for that intel. If you encounter enemies just blast them away and run like hell.
2.You can be the only solution when there's a sentry that needs to be destroyed, stay at a safe distance and use them fire balls.
3.If you encounter a big number of enemies close together just go and burn every one of them, then run for cover of course. Your tiny damage is important when it comes to decisive team encounters.
4.Your best friend in the enemy team is the rocketman. You can easily be the key element in a large fight if you encounter rocketmans. Just reflect their rockers, but synchronize your reflects and don't exagerate, save the flamethrower fuel.
5.If you have a constructor in your team and he has deployed a sentry, just try to push(airblast) enemies in the sentry's area of fire. One awesome situation, and my personal favourite, is when you airblast enemies direct into your team's fire. If you manage to airblast them efficiently, they will die, and the only thing you did is pressing right click.
6.Be good guy firebug on a gen_ map and reflect rockets from the generator.

*synchronizing with a rocketman*  *airblast them, take intel, run!*
                                                        *good guy firebug*

7.You can use the airblast to extinguish fire and save your teammates from afterburn death.
8.Spy check, use your flamethrower when you get suspicious about spies. You can save teammates from a stab by airblasting the spy a little further.
9.On a koth_ map, when the capture zone is narrow you can airblast enemies on the edge so you capture without dealing with them.

-Final words

Well, first of all thanks you for reading and I apreciate if you tell me what do you think about it. Maybe it's short, maybe it's not so imformative but this is what I do when I'm a firebug and I make some good games when I'm in the mood. Remember, use your airblast as much as possible and you must understand the firebug is a support class, help your team by adding damage to enemies and don't get cocky. Here's a picture of what I mean, only assists, that's what you wanna see.
(click to show/hide)

Thanks again, Dan.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:37:11 am by 21Dan »

21Dan

Hey, finished(actually not but I'm too busy and bored to add stuff to it) and pleased with it the way it is.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number

I mean, its fine. But its very basic and short, and covers bases that anyone playing the game could figure out for themselves easily. This isn't a game with a lot of depth to it, but there are certain complex aspects to it that could apply to any game; simple or not, there are concepts that aren't obvious present in gg2. Even a metagame of sorts.

That being said, this guide could stand to benefit from a little more in-detail stuff that will differentiate it from just another lazy guide. I don't think this subcat will get many entries so until then I guess this is passable, but if I was a judge and this was one of many I'd find it kind of rushed and shoddy :P You should include some actual stats, like run speed and dps on the flamethrower and afterburn. Also the lack of info on airblasting putting out flaming allies is disappointing.

The pictures are a bit confusing bbut it's nice you added them. But from a realistic standpoint, theres only so many times you can airburst before multiple attackers get to you. And I don't like how you encourage kamikaze on large groups, because the sheer distribution of people spreads firebugs already measly damage output far too thin and he justs crumbles like paper.

Another aesthetic gripe is the lazy formatting but I was never good at that either heh heh

Overall 5/10 right now, I'll be entering this subcategory as well so good luck to both of us
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

21Dan

Also the lack of info on airblasting putting out flaming allies is disappointing.
Damn it brain! Completely forgot about this and I always do it. Also, I wanted to add more in depth info but I'm focusing on another entry right now, maybe I'll add more to it in the near future.
And I don't like how you encourage kamikaze on large groups, because the sheer distribution of people spreads firebugs already measly damage output far too thin and he justs crumbles like paper.
Well, it works for me in pubs, also, I added only what I do when I'm playing firebug except putting out flaming, meh, I forgot.
[..]and covers bases that anyone playing the game could figure out for themselves easily[..]
^
I'll show you the basics, not going too deep because no one has the time to read guides and basically common sense will guide you while you'll be a firebug and you'll know what to do.

Thank for your opinion and I look forward on your guide. Too bad you can't make an entry with |Tips & Tactics from The Garrison|

Dumbledank

• Lucky Member
  • Master of Ganjuration

The pictures are pretty neat but the I can't help but feel that a Pyro guide should cover spy checking and tracking, there wasn't even a mention of it in this guide.

You did mention air blasting to keep players off of boxes but you could expand on this and mention how you can use this to push players down into pits or off ledges, or to even air blast an enemy medic into a wall to waste his uber.

21Dan

You should include some actual stats, like run speed and dps on the flamethrower and afterburn. Also the lack of info on airblasting putting out flaming allies is disappointing.
[..]I can't help but feel that a Pyro guide should cover spy checking and tracking, there wasn't even a mention of it in this guide[..]expand on this and mention how you can use this to push players down into pits or off ledges, or to even air blast an enemy medic into a wall to waste his uber.
Will do.

Footpöp

• Veteran Member
  • I /saw/ him

I thought this was going to be an all class guide judging by the title, maybe clear that up?
Team /ABC/

21Dan

I thought this was going to be an all class guide judging by the title, maybe clear that up?
Well, at 0:11, I thought it would make the firebug more considerable to play. And it's kinda creepy and interesting if you say it with the right voice. Meh..

Slightly added some stuff, will add some pics when I get a chance to play. Anything else I should add?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:00:45 am by 21Dan »

KORgibsSEXING

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • from gg2k
Re: [Class guide] - [21Dan] - [I fear no man, but that thing, it scares me]
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 08:31:44 pm »

nice pictures and explanation
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 36 queries.