May 07, 2021, 09:22:54 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Inactive] [BOT]  (Read 3130 times)

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
Re: [BOT]
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »

Tron Bonne and her army of useless SwatBot clones
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

Lord SecretMan

• Idiot.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 01:49:23 pm »

Tron Bonne and her army of useless SwatBot clones
Maciej complains about the 7 days bot war.

B.illy S.O.D.

• LIKE A BOSSUN!! :P
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »

I would understand but I don't think a clan should exist if it's not at least stated that its going to war. Especially a clan with no humans, only one guy anda bunch of shitty aimbots that would offer no challenge on the battlefield whatsoever.

The best way to expand this is to use the forementioned Mann vs Machine styled war idea. Which has been done to death by a far superior botter like Orpheon, and it usually jsut ended up with the forumers shitting on the bots because they fed constantly. No fun at all, no challenge at all. This clan is pointless and dumb, and reaches a new level of dumb if it becomes just a "collective" which serves no purpose other than to exist among a bunch of clans geared towards organized play

I agree alot with what you said; however, there might be a better way to expand it that we haven't thought of yet. Ajf could possibly hold that idea. While that is highly unlikely, there's nothing wrong with giving him a shot. It probably won't be detrimental to the clans section if he fails anyway, other than another example of why NOT to do this. 

Besides, miracles do happen ;3c

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 02:25:00 pm »

I would understand but I don't think a clan should exist if it's not at least stated that its going to war.
Oops, I meant to state that.

Especially a clan with no humans, only one guy anda bunch of shitty aimbots that would offer no challenge on the battlefield whatsoever.
As I have previously mentioned many times, these bots aren't aimbots because that implies they aim (they don't).

The best way to expand this is to use the forementioned Mann vs Machine styled war idea. Which has been done to death by a far superior botter like Orpheon, and it usually jsut ended up with the forumers shitting on the bots because they fed constantly. No fun at all, no challenge at all. This clan is pointless and dumb, and reaches a new level of dumb if it becomes just a "collective" which serves no purpose other than to exist among a bunch of clans geared towards organized play
kk
aka Andrea.

did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Trueblade

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Ike is my spirit animal
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 01:18:11 am »

I don't get it. Where's the fun in waging war with a bunch of bots?

21Dan

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 02:59:18 am »

Stop deleting stuff you're not authorized to delete and I'm gonna chill out with this. I don't know why ubd is so careless about it though. Also, you deleted the topic in dead clans.

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:10 am »

I don't get it. Where's the fun in waging war with a bunch of bots?
http://youtu.be/J3Kp70VKT4M
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 09:09:26 am »

Hmm.

Actually, I thought about starting something like this, and never did it because I didn't know enough people (5) that could get involved in this kind of thing and actually help it.
A place where we can just post code of each other isn't bad though.

On the other hand, I don't like [BOT] and this thread has already more or less crashed and burned. If anything, I would have chosen [AI], and done the OP differently (ask for makers/modders instead of bots, who cares about min members, why do they need to be remote bots, artists welcome too, etc...).

Also, the point would be to either share code or do inner tourneys (which are now not really possible seeing the lack of competition for tempest), and I haven't seen any sign of either.

Is anyone else actually interested in this sort of thing? YB? Dusty? Anyone else I don't know is making bots?
Then this kind of thing could actually become interesting.

Lord SecretMan

• Idiot.
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 09:16:39 am »

Hmm.

Actually, I thought about starting something like this, and never did it because I didn't know enough people (5) that could get involved in this kind of thing and actually help it.

On the other hand, I don't like [BOT] and this thread has already more or less crashed and burned. If anything, I would have chosen [AI], and done the OP differently (ask for makers/modders instead of bots, who cares about min members, why do they need to be remote bots, artists welcome too, etc...).

Also, the point would be to either share code or do inner tourneys (which are now not really possible seeing the lack of competition for tempest), and I haven't seen any sign of either.

Is anyone else actually interested in this sort of thing? YB? Dusty? Anyone else I don't know is making bots?
Making some kind of 7000x6500 map would be something. So you had to kill ajf the leader of the bots. On your war from a cave to a city and bots are searching for you. It would be interesting... 20 BOTS that respawn fastly and 20 PLAYERS that can't respawn. And if nobody defeats ajf [BOT] wins.

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:09 am »

Hmm.

On the other hand, I don't like [BOT] and this thread has already more or less crashed and burned. If anything, I would have chosen [AI]
Well, OK. The name is a tiny detail.

, and done the OP differently (ask for makers/modders instead of bots,
Wait, so it would be a clan made of humans not AI?

who cares about min members,
21Dan was upset about it so when I rewrote the OP I tried to make them happy

why do they need to be remote bots,
Well unless all bots are plugins there's no way we could make different AI play against each other if they aren't remote

artists welcome too
Why?

, etc...).

Also, the point would be to either share code
No reason we can't.

or do inner tourneys (which are now not really possible seeing the lack of competition for tempest),
Again, no reason we can't.

and I haven't seen any sign of either.

I want to encourage people to make bots, I'd like to write some sort of "template" from which people can build things.
aka Andrea.

did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 10:21:48 am »

Hmm.

On the other hand, I don't like [BOT] and this thread has already more or less crashed and burned. If anything, I would have chosen [AI]
Well, OK. The name is a tiny detail.
Maybe, but it's a detail.

, and done the OP differently (ask for makers/modders instead of bots,
Wait, so it would be a clan made of humans not AI?
A clan made of humans who make AIs. The form of plural doesn't even make any sense when used with AI, so I don't really see the point.

who cares about min members,
21Dan was upset about it so when I rewrote the OP I tried to make them happy
I don't think this was what he meant, but yeah.

why do they need to be remote bots,
Well unless all bots are plugins there's no way we could make different AI play against each other if they aren't remote
One of them can be server-based, the other remote. Remote is better anyways, but it doesn't have to be obligatory.

artists welcome too
Why?
Because of chronic underpopulation, and because people in the clan that can make huds and sprites and stuff is always good.

, etc...).

Also, the point would be to either share code
[
No reason we can't.
Then why start an AI thread without any link or anything?

or do inner tourneys (which are now not really possible seeing the lack of competition for tempest),
Again, no reason we can't.
Well, yes, lack of competition. Or even getting a non-zero number of reasonable entries.

and I haven't seen any sign of either.

I want to encourage people to make bots, I'd like to write some sort of "template" from which people can build things.
I did that once with tempest, although that was before making it remote so yeah.
Problem is, you need to update the template then too, and if no-one uses it it's not really motivating to update a template.
Instead, I make stuff in extensions, they are fast, gml-free, and update-free.

In general, I would have suggested a clan of people that make bots, including artists etc. Then you could actually do things like tourneys, or human vs bot wars with other clans etc..., having a clan of bots makes very little sense. And you include the class of people that want to help doing some part but are incapable of solo'ing a bot project on their own.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:23:27 am by Orpheon »

21Dan

Re: [Inactive] [BOT]
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 02:56:50 am »

No need to fill something in the section. Moving it and if you wanna make something of it don't delete it, just ask Compushwa to move it back. If you think this massive movement of 4 clans is irrational and you're like "Hey, but I just wanted to be active again in a few days, oh God WHYhfwhywyy" send me a pm.

Clans that are moved to Dead Clans August 21, 2013
[BOT], [7H], Dante's Sniper Academy and [DMG]

And I don't wanna hear stuff like, "But without my clan the clan section will be empty''. No it wouldn't! There's absolutely no reason that inactive 0% interest clans should be around the section, they don't fill gaps or something like that.

kthxbai, -Dan
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 36 queries.