May 05, 2021, 08:47:46 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Inactive] [BOT]  (Read 3128 times)

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
[Inactive] [BOT]
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:18:21 am »

[BOT]

It's a clan consisting entirely of bots.[1] Anyone with their own bot AI can let their bots join.

Current membership

• ajf and her bots

Is this a valid clan?

Well, the rules state there's no minimum number of members for a clan, so whether the bots count (∞ members) or they don't (one member, me), there are enough members.

Can I join?

If you have some bot AI, sure. They need to be remotely-run bots, i.e., they work as clients on a server you don't host.

[1]Owners of the bots may join
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:32:31 am by 21Dan »
aka Andrea.

did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Danikah

Re: [BOT]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:06 am »

In theory, I can't see any problem with it.

In practice, you'll be stuck at two members, you, and your AI.

So...

ajf

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:17:56 am »

So...
  • NO minimum amount of posts, minimum amount of members, or moderator approval necessary to start/join a clan!
aka Andrea.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:30:33 am »

theres no member minimum because people are expected to join

>her bots
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

21Dan

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:26 am »

>not interested in what a moderator is saying. ubd is not the only one in here and because you're a forum administrator that doesn't mean that you can delete my posts. I'll speak with ubd about implementing common sense rules(like fking human members mandatory). Sometimes I'm wondering about deleting my account because of your(not only you ajf) stupid ideas.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:51 am »

lmao

admin abuse
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

ajf

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 11:51:04 am »

>not interested in what a moderator is saying. ubd is not the only one in here and because you're a forum administrator that doesn't mean that you can delete my posts. I'll speak with ubd about implementing common sense rules(like fking human members mandatory). Sometimes I'm wondering about deleting my account because of your(not only you ajf) stupid ideas.
I deleted the thread, which I created and anyone can do
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:51:22 am by ajf »
aka Andrea.

Alma Elma

• BEWARE, I'M ON MY PERIOD
  • hhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • Steam Community Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:58:06 am »

bad clan for pretentious crap nobody cares about

also there's a typo, her is used for girls

I've got the Joy, the Joy deep in my heart. Joy, Joy, Joy.
Do you?

Danikah

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

So...
  • NO minimum amount of posts, minimum amount of members, or moderator approval necessary to start/join a clan!
What I meant is that I hardly think anyone'll have the time/knowledge/willpower to actually make an AI to submit here.
But I feel like you're getting overly aggressive towards everyone because of some people.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

bad clan for pretentious crap nobody cares about

also there's a typo, her is used for girls
qft

yo dan just keep moving it back lol
"god is dead."♫♫♫

ajf

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:59 pm »

So...
What I meant is that I hardly think anyone'll have the time/knowledge/willpower to actually make an AI to submit here.
But I feel like you're getting overly aggressive towards everyone because of some people.
Well, there's a particular person I'm hoping will join.
aka Andrea.

Luigibro

• Est. 2011
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:49:08 pm »

Orpheon
Stop fighting, it's just a game  :smiley16:
It's practically a war game, so fighting is necessary.
Quote from:  Tibbles, IRC
[15:58] <Tibbles> Lag is weaknes leaving the ethernet cable

drmalpractice

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 01:23:58 pm »

anxiously awaiting orpheon to glance at this thread and call it shit

B.illy S.O.D.

• LIKE A BOSSUN!! :P
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 01:30:41 pm »

I don't usually interfere, but here's my two cents:

I think you guys should consider this as a different kind of clan. IMO, clans are basically groups that have a basic niche to follow through, competitive or casual; how good they become depends on their ability to establish activity. Although aimbotting isn't something I would encourage during random games, I don't have any problem with aimbotting as a clan concept in which everyone knows what they're getting into. The best thing about this clan tho is that it already has a pretty good niche: a clan that doesn't war, per se, but one that has a group of people who mod and make bots. As ajf explained before, other people might join because they make bots as well (i.e. orph or macie). If ajf plays his cards right, he may be able to get more people who make bots to join the clan or even get people who don't make bots to start. There are several ways to expand this idea (don't ask me, this is where genius kicks in). It has potential; whether or not it gets better, however, is up to ajf (BIGGEST FACTOR).

On a different note, deleting posts is lame ajf, and I don't think it helps anybody (except maybe supplying Intel Guard with more fuel against you XD).

So yea, I think you should allow this clan at least the opportunity to grow rather than just kill it off immediately. If we just get stuck on "humans only, warring only" clans, we'll never get anything new or exciting in the clans section.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 01:40:05 pm »

I would understand but I don't think a clan should exist if it's not at least stated that its going to war. Especially a clan with no humans, only one guy anda bunch of shitty aimbots that would offer no challenge on the battlefield whatsoever.

The best way to expand this is to use the forementioned Mann vs Machine styled war idea. Which has been done to death by a far superior botter like Orpheon, and it usually jsut ended up with the forumers shitting on the bots because they fed constantly. No fun at all, no challenge at all. This clan is pointless and dumb, and reaches a new level of dumb if it becomes just a "collective" which serves no purpose other than to exist among a bunch of clans geared towards organized play
"god is dead."♫♫♫
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 36 queries.