May 07, 2021, 09:18:23 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: General lottery discussion  (Read 6030 times)

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
General lottery discussion
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »

You can discuss the lottery here if you want.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:30:06 pm by Haxton Sale »
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
Re: General lottery discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:21:12 pm »

does this mean I can win something if I haven't won any haxxies in the past? 'cause I'm in if that's how it works  :drool:
Yup, that's exactly how this works. I need to know if someone won to make sure they don't get the same prize twice.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

21Dan

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:42 am »

So, for example, if I win can I choose the prize(golden statue, golden soldier/demo/pyro weapon)? And how many people will be randomly choose to win something?

Footpöp

• Veteran Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:58 am »

not sure I see the point much here in the raffle, but it caused me to have an idea
what if the larger scale tournaments awarded the winners via the haxxy item system
old haxxy rewards, maybe customs if it's a real significant tourney?
could give competitive gg2 incentive to actually do stuff and get that stuff done
Team /ABC/

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:14:08 am »

not sure I see the point much here in the raffle, but it caused me to have an idea
what if the larger scale tournaments awarded the winners via the haxxy item system
old haxxy rewards, maybe customs if it's a real significant tourney?
could give competitive gg2 incentive to actually do stuff and get that stuff done
I actually thought about that, but we'd need some special tournament awards, as I want golden guns to stay for haxxies. And some sort of notification about those tournaments, since I don't follow the competitive scene at all.
As for the point of the raffle, it's mostly to raise people's interest in haxxies and give the joy of winning a haxxy award to more people.

So, for example, if I win can I choose the prize(golden statue, golden soldier/demo/pyro weapon)? And how many people will be randomly choose to win something?
No, you won't be able to choose, I'll be drawing for each thing separately. Not sure how many winners yet, depends on the number of entries.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:16:04 am by Haxton Sale »
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

2D

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

No, you won't be able to choose, I'll be drawing for each thing separately. Not sure how many winners yet, depends on the number of entries.
[/quote]

About that, the actual drawings.
How is the winner selected? A random page then random post and that user gets it? Or something more?
Also, does each catagory, (Art, screan shot, etc.) Get a random reward?

Sorry for all these noobie questions... :cry:

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 03:13:15 am »

Q: How are the winners determined?
A: It's public voting. In the previous editions, people were sending me pms with their picks for each subcategory. This year I hope to introduce voting via polls, but we'll see how that works out.
I never realised it was unclear, honestly, but there you go.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

2D

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 01:34:02 am »

A: It's public voting. In the previous editions, people were sending me pms with their picks for each subcategory. This year I hope to introduce voting via polls, but we'll see how that works out.
Thanks.

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 05:12:07 am »

Thanks.
Oh wait, fuck, I though you suddenly meant "drawings" as in art category.
As for lottery, I've no idea. I suppose I'll just write the names down on small pieces of paper and randomly select a few.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

Conan

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • (λ*2) = 42
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

can you lock the lottery signup topic so our chances of winning don't go down any more  :z7:

Wiggles

• Lucky Member
  • nothing he bloops he really bleeps
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »

Thanks.
As for lottery, I've no idea. I suppose I'll just write the names down on small pieces of paper and randomly select a few.

assign people numbers and use a random number generator

[19:31] <prime> kawaii desu~~~~~ [19:31] <prime> sugoiii~~
and you say i am a nigga

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 03:16:40 pm »

Thanks.

That's what I wanted to do at first, but drawing paper cards just feels more random.
But hey, that doesn't make the big of a difference, does it?
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

2D

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »

Thanks.

That's what I wanted to do at first, but drawing paper cards just feels more random.
But hey, that doesn't make the big of a difference, does it?
As long as it's truely random. I'd say do it by hand, machines aren't very good at spewing out random things.

Jack Dalton

• salty cowboy
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 01:14:07 am »

So what if my first and only post is to sign up for the lottery, I end up winning, and abandon the game within the week because I never had much interest to begin with. I mean, I know this is supposed to be open for everyone, but I'm not so keen on somebody just taking a free haxxy and leaving. What happens if this situation arises?

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:17 am »

So what if my first and only post is to sign up for the lottery, I end up winning, and abandon the game within the week because I never had much interest to begin with. I mean, I know this is supposed to be open for everyone, but I'm not so keen on somebody just taking a free haxxy and leaving. What happens if this situation arises?
Well, there aren't that many people who regularly play gg2 anyway, so well, there's nothing we can do about it. Lottery isn't meant to be the big event, that's why we give out older prizes in it, and probably only runner-up too.
If you want a chance at winning something new, bigger and better, enter the usual competition.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.