August 09, 2022, 02:40:20 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Server-side plugin which announces killstreaks also killstreak RTD  (Read 6429 times)

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion
  • "Eeh?! We're just allies!"

hey I got a crazy idea what if killstreaks gave the engie Nuts n' Bolts per killstreak, then if you tie that to the upgradeable sentry plugin you have a reason for engies to be in the front lines.
I do suppose you have an alternative for, well, non-engies (ammo refill/unlimited ammo seems the most obvious choice)

Whether peeps will have both upgrade sentry and RTD along with killstreak is a different matter :P
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́

The upgradeable sentry plugin is unbalanced. The level 1 sentry is the regular one, but the level 2 sentry has an attack speed upgrade equal to the randomizer one. In other words, broken.

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Rumrusher

• On Standby

The upgradeable sentry plugin is unbalanced. The level 1 sentry is the regular one, but the level 2 sentry has an attack speed upgrade equal to the randomizer one. In other words, broken.
you're right we need to do is have the level 3 sentry fire rockets and mines also sticky jump across the map if it's two far away from the engie.

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion

Um, shouldn't that be discussed in its own topic...? (Ignore the fact that we brought it up here)
Btw L1 in that plugin is half as strong

Skeletonwitch

Eh, I think it'd be neater to have RTD attached to killstreaks instead.

Danikah

Yes please.

Possibly make more powerful effects locked to higher killstreaks. And I mean more powerful bad effects as well.
So, with a triple kill, you'd get a simple +10% speed or something, but with a 20-kill combo for example, you'd have effects of +60% or -60% fire speed magnitude.

Skeletonwitch

Yes please.

Possibly make more powerful effects locked to higher killstreaks. And I mean more powerful bad effects as well.
So, with a triple kill, you'd get a simple +10% speed or something, but with a 20-kill combo for example, you'd have effects of +60% or -60% fire speed magnitude.

:c1:

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion

Code: [Select]
if effect == 23 effect = 21;

I'm not sure what this is used for tbh, does a new killstreak milestone cancel out the current RTD function and replace it with teamswitch? =/

Yes please.

I'd like to see instakill/instadeath(i.e. explosion) become very common on 15/20+ streaks.

Um, I might make a github just to assist with this plugin and flesh out the details to connect the RTD and streak (which would involve use of the variable killStreak and maybe another one like ksFactor to work on things like fire rate/speed, etc). Hopefully without releasing an effect 20 of errors (and effect 20 will break vanilla under normal circumstances :z4: )

Rumrusher

• On Standby

Code: [Select]
if effect == 23 effect = 21;

I'm not sure what this is used for tbh, does a new killstreak milestone cancel out the current RTD function and replace it with teamswitch? =/

Yes please.

I'd like to see instakill/instadeath(i.e. explosion) become very common on 15/20+ streaks.

Um, I might make a github just to assist with this plugin and flesh out the details to connect the RTD and streak (which would involve use of the variable killStreak and maybe another one like ksFactor to work on things like fire rate/speed, etc). Hopefully without releasing an effect 20 of errors (and effect 20 will break vanilla under normal circumstances :z4: )
that was there to swap the dice roll from "you're a disguised spy go kill every one before they kill you" to "you fart out a sentry" though the sentry coding is horribly bugged so I swap them, then kinda thought what if I remove all the other options and left Disguised spy on. it's was left in by lorgen3 to quick fix a problem with a roll.

Danikah

I tried.
Someone should check the buffer parts though, because I don't understand networking.
(click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• On Standby

just check what it's like to be the client of RTD with disguise spy on, so far you can't see if you're disguised and the plugins start to interact violently with the player switching teams with thinking you should be colliding with a player when you shouldn't and above all else shitting pants on head weird. in other news I finally got sentries to repair it self per kill but kinda need to remove some script errors.

Danikah

If y'all don't mind, I'm gonna send the plugin up there to AJF to see it in action.
Anyone else feel free to make other versions, I can't really claim ownership here, seeing as I made nothing.

notarctic

• just arctic, what gives?
  • 👎👀 bad aim ba̷̶ ԁ aIm 👎 thats❌ some bad 👎👎aim
    • arcticland

I tried.
Someone should check the buffer parts though, because I don't understand networking.
(click to show/hide)
why do you need to make it a server sent? isnt rtd and killstreak perfectly capable of being server side only?
[1:37:51 PM] Derpduck: arctic u need to quote ppl that make shit posts in case they edit them
[4:20:15 PM] Rubeus Hashgrid: i cant discover anything fuck you imageshack

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́

Yeah, I'm pretty sure RTD still existed before server-sent plugins really existed.

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Danikah

-snip-
why do you need to make it a server sent? isnt rtd and killstreak perfectly capable of being server side only?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure RTD still existed before server-sent plugins really existed.
Mainly because I want to learn networking and this is a perfect opportunity, and because I hate desynching.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 36 queries.