August 09, 2022, 02:37:40 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Server-side plugin which announces killstreaks also killstreak RTD  (Read 6428 times)

Skeletonwitch

I'd like to know whether or not the killstreak counter can be limited to chat or some other place, because it does start to crowd up chat listing every single double kill, and it does make knowing when gifts spawn a little more difficult.
Or if it can be, you know disabled. If it can be, sorry for not noticing.

@Skelly: I've once reached 10 kills or so without dying on maps/servers before. 30 just takes more time and more people, I guess.

I removed double and triple, and whichever one(s) come before 6 kill streak to reduce amount of messages... I did this before your post however, perhaps you played before it was changed?

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion
  • "Eeh?! We're just allies!"

>complaints about how killstreak overrides gift messages
:hehe:

As it currently exists the notifications are good (also uplifting for my personal morale :z5:). I wonder however if there's a way to do the TF2 version of the killstreak counter with the silly icon on the kill log (not on the scoreboard that's too obnoxious) as plugin that doesn't push the limits of not adding new scripts...?
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

Skeletonwitch

Oh, I'm actually enjoying this!  People often would hear the ding and their mind would say to them "gift! find gift!" but now the ding will be so common, it will reduce the gift madness going on.

Rumrusher

• On Standby

Oh, I'm actually enjoying this!  People often would hear the ding and their mind would say to them "gift! find gift!" but now the ding will be so common, it will reduce the gift madness going on.
now to see if I can attach RTD on this and make every kill stack on a random effect until you died, given all the random debuffs in RTD.

Skeletonwitch

now to see if I can attach RTD on this and make every kill stack on a random effect until you died, given all the random debuffs in RTD.

I'd host it.

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion

I'd host it.
Can we have RTD on Q or something non-taunt? :z4:

『AMLV』bobtehnoob

• Seasoned Member
  • D̩͈̪͎̋e͖̅͂s̼̙͕̆͛ͅt̘̣͉̬̾̿̓̇͊ͅr̰̙͕̫͍̬o̭̖̥̲̳̣̍͗y̏̏́

I'd host it.

Yeah, something like that. Especially because every class's taunt is timed differently, and so RTD as scout is more OP than RTD as soldier, or something like that.

Also, some of the effects are unbalanced to certain classes. For example, I believe the no-delay breaks soldier completely, but does nothing for sniper or pyro.

Also, last time I played RTD, the no-delay didn't wear off, and so I was a broken soldier... On gen... Against a bunch of engies...

[17:57] <Nex> WTF BOB?! http://puu.sh/8T52s.png
[17:57] <Nex> How'd you break a GRAPH
Quote from: SkeleDude
Poop get out of here you belong in a real mans art thread

Rumrusher

• On Standby

I'd host it.

Yeah, something like that. Especially because every class's taunt is timed differently, and so RTD as scout is more OP than RTD as soldier, or something like that.

Also, some of the effects are unbalanced to certain classes. For example, I believe the no-delay breaks soldier completely, but does nothing for sniper or pyro.

Also, last time I played RTD, the no-delay didn't wear off, and so I was a broken soldier... On gen... Against a bunch of engies...
eh taunting works fine given it's a non serious plugin made for messing around filled with buffs and debuffs that sometimes work or not work with certain classes... like randomizer mode.
though my issue currently is that RTD bugs out sentries and gives out an Killer.stats[DESTRUCTION] -= 1 error every time someone tries to break the sentry via switching classes. then again there's an issue with intel with disguise spies so CTF is out of the picture with that one.

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion

I'd host it.

eh taunting works fine given it's a non serious plugin made for messing around filled with buffs and debuffs that sometimes work or not work with certain classes... like randomizer mode.
though my issue currently is that RTD bugs out sentries and gives out an Killer.stats[DESTRUCTION] -= 1 error every time someone tries to break the sentry via switching classes. then again there's an issue with intel with disguise spies so CTF is out of the picture with that one.

Also wouldn't sapping (unless that was removed) bork the sentries as well?

Skeletonwitch

Just remove problematic RTD's?  That's what I did when getting it to work for Randomizer.

Rumrusher

• On Standby

Just remove problematic RTD's?  That's what I did when getting it to work for Randomizer.
well that's what I first did, just now I kinda want to fix the busted option so that I can pull off "Everyone's an Engie Roll To Build" oh well until lorgen fixes it himself I guess I could scrap the project and see if I can work in the RTD effects into Killstreaks.

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website

"Everyone's an Engie Roll To Build"
?

You want to give out effects for getting killstreaks?
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

Rumrusher

• On Standby

"Everyone's an Engie Roll To Build"
?

You want to give out effects for getting killstreaks?
well I got it to work where if you hit kill streak 2 or 4 you may end up with a random effect or a random crash from hap hazardly ducktapping RTD with Killstreaks. kinda found the joy of a scout stacking 5 RTD effects and ending up with 2 shots per clip after getting Godlike.
here it is if you want to test it out you're self... oh and uhh it has a slight modification to the RTD script so that if you taunt you might turn friendly fire on or explode and all the Die rolls can chain into each other. bad coding attempt #1

ZaSpai

• Ray Bann's Minion

Code: [Select]
sendEventDestruction(player, -1, -1, 0);
doEventDestruction(player, -1, -1, 0);

I'm not too familiar on events that call up sentry deaths, but -1 seems to be a strange choice for arguments 1 and 2 (I believe it should be noone). Reference is the begin step event for sentry

Code: [Select]
if(global.isHost and (ownerPlayer.class != CLASS_ENGINEER or team != ownerPlayer.team or collision_circle(x,y+10,25,Sentry,false,true)>=0))
{
    sendEventDestruction(ownerPlayer, noone, noone, 0);
    doEventDestruction(ownerPlayer, noone, noone, 0);
    exit;
}

and the scripts sendEventDestruction/doEventDestruction

idk what this has to do with the Destruction -= 1 thing (why would destruction stat be reduced by 1 is beyond me)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:43:13 am by ZaSpai »

Rumrusher

• On Standby

hey I got a crazy idea what if killstreaks gave the engie Nuts n' Bolts per killstreak, then if you tie that to the upgradeable sentry plugin you have a reason for engies to be in the front lines.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 50 queries.