May 05, 2021, 08:48:45 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Poll

Which new map should we choose for the next M.U.S.E.?

cp_shadowforest
- 6 (30%)
cp_badlands
- 10 (50%)
cp_cargo
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Official M.U.S.E. advertising thread  (Read 6647 times)

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
Re: Official M.U.S.E. thread
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 06:56:58 am »

Nice games, although 9v9 needs some revising on how many of each class. Playing solo-medic in a 9v9 is really different from 4v4 or even 6v6.

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 07:13:19 am »

Maybe teams could opt to swap one class for another more useful one. I.e No spy for an extra medic.
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

t~

• Seasoned Member
  • BOUTTA GET BANNED BY INTEL 5/1/2016
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:41 am »

We should let the person assigned pyro choose whether he wants querly or pyro, since pyro was nerfed was badly.
^_^

21Dan

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:26:52 am »

quote/curly is annoying in big matches, there is chaos with bullets and rockets and shit, hmm "here's some bubbles.."

❄Aralia❄

• Heroic Member
  • Music can change the world, through people.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 09:01:05 am »

-sigh- I guess I didn't attend... Technically...

Sherlock Holmes: I'm a consulting detective. The only one in the world. I invented the job.
John Watson: What does that mean?
Sherlock Holmes: It means whenever the police are out of their depth — which is always — they consult me.

B.illy S.O.D.

• LIKE A BOSSUN!! :P
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:50 am »

-sigh- I guess I didn't attend... Technically...

. . . you refused to sub  xD your loss?

Also, I'll be making another post soon with stuff I want to discuss with classes/op/balance yadadadada.

❄Aralia❄

• Heroic Member
  • Music can change the world, through people.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:00 am »

I WAS gonna sub. Then my mom took my electronics -.- Sux for me i guess

Sherlock Holmes: I'm a consulting detective. The only one in the world. I invented the job.
John Watson: What does that mean?
Sherlock Holmes: It means whenever the police are out of their depth — which is always — they consult me.

B.illy S.O.D.

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »

I WAS gonna sub. Then my mom took my electronics -.- Sux for me i guess

ok ya, if you had told us "I can't sub" rather than "I refuse to sub" we woulda felt more sympathetic to you. Which I'm sure we all feel now :C

B.illy S.O.D.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 05:57:17 pm »

So how was the lag? Everybody think the server was good? I think real's was the best shot I had at lagless 9 v 9 for american people. If you have any suggestions about any hosters can you tell me?

DEFNITELY NO CURLY. I feel like curly messes up the entire flow of gg2 and while it may be a good class, I just want the original 9 (my opinion only though :P). As for medics, I can see the challenge of healing 8 people. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between tf2 and gg2 medics? What advantages does a TF2 medic have over a gg2 one? I wanna balance out this medic business. Another thing is if people start to leave, we should have a preliminary 6 v 6 setup. and should ban 3 classes accordingly. We'll go down a list of classes in order of uselessness, so if it's 8 v 8 we'll only ban the first of the 3 classes.

Not sure what you mean by "you wanna take this thread(all the posts) and put it in the DOS clan thread..", but I was wondering what the purpose of this thread was. If it's for after M.U.S.E. it seems okay and I'll just take the URL thingy. As for organizing, I might run into problems with that if the entire OP is here under you. Any way we can maybe have a double op? XD Can you give me the second post or something like that? Maybe I'll just update it in my own thread and relay it to you. I guess this thing is big enough to have it's own thread tho? Anways it doesn't matter that much now because summer isn't for a while lol.

PS: Storm_Surge and Jolteon are the same person. Just thought you might wanna know because they are both listed in the op.

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 06:27:50 pm »

TF2 medic has overheal, and there are different sized medkits available around the maps.

Edit: Ubers also do not refill ammunition, and have a small lasting period even after the medic switches targets.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:35:36 pm by RebelINS »

Footpöp

• Veteran Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »

I like the idea of allowing one doubleclass per team, but then it would no longer be lexhighlander!!!
Team /ABC/

sonikdude

• AQ Addict
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 08:52:03 pm »

I would like to add that Trollhax is also Jolteon/Storm_Surge. Just in case I want to note if people are still confused.

21Dan

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:06 am »

So how was the lag?...If you have any suggestions about any hosters can you tell me?
Was playable, how about Silent Boom's Soviet Giraffe', or BTW's server?
..We'll go down a list of classes in order of uselessness..
:x18: :x19: :x12: ?   :x15:- for many, not for me though.
..As for organizing, I might run into problems with that if the entire OP is here under you. Any way we can..
You can always pm me..

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:54 pm »

So how was the lag? Everybody think the server was good? I think real's was the best shot I had at lagless 9 v 9 for american people. If you have any suggestions about any hosters can you tell me?

DEFNITELY NO CURLY. I feel like curly messes up the entire flow of gg2 and while it may be a good class, I just want the original 9 (my opinion only though :P). As for medics, I can see the challenge of healing 8 people. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between tf2 and gg2 medics? What advantages does a TF2 medic have over a gg2 one? I wanna balance out this medic business. Another thing is if people start to leave, we should have a preliminary 6 v 6 setup. and should ban 3 classes accordingly. We'll go down a list of classes in order of uselessness, so if it's 8 v 8 we'll only ban the first of the 3 classes.

Not sure what you mean by "you wanna take this thread(all the posts) and put it in the DOS clan thread..", but I was wondering what the purpose of this thread was. If it's for after M.U.S.E. it seems okay and I'll just take the URL thingy. As for organizing, I might run into problems with that if the entire OP is here under you. Any way we can maybe have a double op? XD Can you give me the second post or something like that? Maybe I'll just update it in my own thread and relay it to you. I guess this thing is big enough to have it's own thread tho? Anways it doesn't matter that much now because summer isn't for a while lol.

PS: Storm_Surge and Jolteon are the same person. Just thought you might wanna know because they are both listed in the op.
The lag was ok at first and then not ok at the end, but I don't really factor in the equation as I'm european, so yeah.

I don't agree about quote, but I'll respect it if you veto it.

I don't know tf2 at all, so I can't describe the differences. In normal games though usually medics actually keep people alive and enable them to survive longer in a storm, as well as keeping a team on their feet. In a 9v9, you are both so heavily outdamaged by the enemy team and outperformed by medcabinets that most of the gameplay is stripped down. It's probably just a personal rant/annoyance, not an unbalancing, but it still stays.

About other classes, yeah. I have never before now played a 9v9 of this caliber, so I can't really speak with assurance about good and solid compositions, but here would be my guesses (on cp, arena and koth maps, not ctf):
- 2 :x13:, because they are simply the baseline class. Rocketmen are strong, mobile, have good damage and pretty all-round. Much more than any other class.
- 1 to 2  :x14:, 2 heavies are stronger but most people feel that is overpowered and un-fun.
- 1 to 2  :x16:, for reasons outlined above, and because double ubers/healing really makes a difference in a game that only moves via ubers (like 9v9 gg2).
- 1  :x17:, for static damage and to guarantee winning in heavy vs heavy fights in defence.
- 1  :x11: OR 1  :x12:, for flanking and assassinating enemy healers (something that's nearly impossible though in 9v9). Possibly  :x19: would work here as well.
If a quote, then I'd replace either a heavy or the last class with it.

Note: I have never played with this comp, this is pure theory-crafting, so take with a grain of salt. Might be worth a try though (old classes vs this as an experiment for example).

B.illy S.O.D.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:08 pm »

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try to make a post today/tomorrow of some ideas I have as well as try to put this new information to use. Any more advice would still be great too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 39 queries.