June 18, 2021, 04:17:36 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spreadsheet for Player Statistics  (Read 2294 times)

cabalier

• Mega-Weeaboo Extraordinaire
  • water
Spreadsheet for Player Statistics
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »

Ever wanted to keep track of your kills, points, and classes played? These, and many other statistics, are catalogued in this clunky and cumbersome spreadsheet. I'm fairly certain that, as of right now, there's no easier way to keep track of your statistics than this (and if there is, just ignore this thread).

Here is an example spreadsheet logging statistics for my last 48 games. As you can see, it's nifty and full of information, but kind of ugly-looking. Note that you have to enter in data manually, which is annoying but unavoidable.

HOW TO USE
  • Click HERE to access the latest version of the spreadsheet.
  • To download this as an Excel document, click File --> Download As --> Microsoft Excel.
  • To download this as a Google Spreadsheet (would probably have less formatting errors and would allow for sharing), make a new blank spreadsheet on Google Docs. Go back to my spreadsheet, right-click "General Stats" at the bottom, click "Copy To", and select the blank spreadsheet you just created. Repeat the process with the "Average Stats" and "Maximum Stats" sheets.
  • Download Lorgan's statsBoard plugin.
  • Play a complete round of gg2 as a single class. As the round ends, pull up the leaderboard and take a screenshot (F9) of it. Play as many games as you'd like, taking a screenshot after each game.
  • Aternatively, instead of taking a screenshot after each game, you can use this automatic scoreboard screenshot plugin! Just make sure not to close the scoreboard after it comes up.
  • When you're done playing for the time being, pull up your screenshots folder and open up the images. Use the data from the images to fill in just the columns with the BLUE and GREEN headers. So you're entering in your class, map, mode, "win/loss/stale", kills, deaths, assists, points, rank, etc., to fill up one row at the end of each game.
  • As you play more games and keep filling up rows, you'll get useful data like an overall K/D ratio, a win percentage, and percentage usage of each class, displayed on the leftmost three columns. Under the "Average Stats" sheet, you can see these same statistics associated with each individual class, game mode or map. The "Maximum Stats" sheet displays your best kills, points, etc. associated with each class.

PROS
  • A whole metric shitton of stats. You get lots of information.
  • Spreadsheets are easy to edit, so you can easily add your own stats or remove ones you find irrelevant.
  • Google Spreadsheets are easy to share, so you can easily compare stats with friends.
  • It's faster than computing all of these stats by yourself (which I actually did for a little while).

CONS
  • You have to manually input data from screenshots. This gets annoying. If you don't want to spend a couple of minutes at the end of every session typing in data, then this spreadsheet is not for you.
  • You have to play as the same class throughout the round. This encourages limited gameplay and is also kind of annoying.
  • You have to decide what you're going to do with half-rounds, suicides, that kind of thing. This spreadsheet leaves a lot of ambiguity in defining terms of the statistics.
  • It looks ugly, especially if the cell has a function with no data in it.
  • Could be really buggy. To be honest, I made this mostly to get myself to finally learn how to use spreadsheets.

Until a stat-tracking plugin gets made, those of us who want to keep track of our stats - regardless of having to input data manually - can use this spreadsheet. Feel free to hit me up with any questions, stat suggestions, bug reports and the like.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:04:48 pm by cabalier »

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
Re: Spreadsheet for Player Statistics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:02:20 pm »

Cons
  • People will lie
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:03:09 pm by Intel Guard »
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Imp

• Lucky Member
  • Very Berry Very Scary :0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:59 pm »

:drool:
Swingin' Strawberry Banana|Banana Split|Strawberry Explosion|Strikin' Strawberry Kiwi|Rockin' Raspberry|Wild Watermelon

cabalier

• water
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »

Cons
  • People will lie

Well, I originally made this just for myself because I like keeping track of statistics and I wanted to encourage my own improvement in the game. I'd say sharing spreadsheets is a secondary function at best. Even so, you could always ask for screenshots of the match leaderboards along with the other guy's spreadsheet, which are a good deal harder to fake. Hey, you're already putting the effort to input data after every round. Might as well go around verifying everyone else's stats.

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Fear is only a State of Mind
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »

ugh, i wish i could be lazy and it would just update by itself so i wouldnt have to put data manually
I have signatures turned off

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »

I would rather it track my merit as a player than a slayer. That's just me.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

cabalier

• water
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:26:27 pm »

ugh, i wish i could be lazy and it would just update by itself so i wouldnt have to put data manually

If there's a program that scans a screenshot for numbers and then pastes them automatically into a spreadsheet, this could totally be feasible. Unfortunately, I don't know if such a program exists, and even if it did I would have no idea how to implement it.

Alternatively, someone could develop a plugin that does the same things this spreadsheet does, but automatically, integrated with Lorgan's statboard plugin. I have even less of an idea how to do that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:27:09 pm by cabalier »

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:28:15 pm »

what about that plugin that keeps your tracks, and combine it to that thing so we can have a stat tracker?

I_am_awesome

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

If there's a program that scans a screenshot for numbers and then pastes them automatically into a spreadsheet, this could totally be feasible. Unfortunately, I don't know if such a program exists, and even if it did I would have no idea how to implement it.

Alternatively, someone could develop a plugin that does the same things this spreadsheet does, but automatically, integrated with Lorgan's statboard plugin. I have even less of an idea how to do that.

take the variable of a stat and save it to a textfile

or even better take the variable of a stat, read the same one (like kills) from the textfile, add together (or whatever math is appropiate) then save it to a textfile.

wanted to do that years ago, because I also get a massive hard on from useless statistics, but I am lazy shit. Also I don't play this game anymore other than once in a blue moon to troll as a spy.

cabalier

• water
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

what about that plugin that keeps your tracks, and combine it to that thing so we can have a stat tracker?

I don't know what a "track" is, so I don't know what plugin you're referring to.

take the variable of a stat and save it to a textfile

or even better take the variable of a stat, read the same one (like kills) from the textfile, add together (or whatever math is appropiate) then save it to a textfile.

wanted to do that years ago, because I also get a massive hard on from useless statistics, but I am lazy shit. Also I don't play this game anymore other than once in a blue moon to troll as a spy.

This sounds feasible, and considering that I already made this spreadsheet, I am usually not a lazy shit, but I do lack the expertise to know what things like "variables" are. At any rate, text files seem less nice and organized as a spreadsheet, but I'll look into this.

I_am_awesome

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 01:40:06 pm »

saving to a textfile is just the most simple and laziest thing. You could also safe it like the spreadsheet but that's a lot of work.
Also just throwing numbers into a textfile makes reading them hilariously easy, so you could just make a small plug-in to show the data in whatever way you want on a button press. Like an extra button "stats" in the main menu. Or simply when someone presses F2 or something.

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 02:02:20 pm »

oops, i meant stats

cabalier

• water
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

saving to a textfile is just the most simple and laziest thing. You could also safe it like the spreadsheet but that's a lot of work.
Also just throwing numbers into a textfile makes reading them hilariously easy, so you could just make a small plug-in to show the data in whatever way you want on a button press. Like an extra button "stats" in the main menu. Or simply when someone presses F2 or something.

Cool, sounds like something approachable. I'll look into playing around with text files and plugins when I have more free time to actually learn how plugins work.

oops, i meant stats

I think you're referring to lorgan's statboard plugin, which you need for this spreadsheet to work anyway. It would be nice to fully integrate it into the spreadsheet, but again, it doesn't look feasible and it would probably be simpler to do something more similar to what I_am_awesome is talking about.

Imp

• Lucky Member
  • Very Berry Very Scary :0
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »

I tried it out after one round today, seems to be working fine. It'd be great if someone made an automatic stat tracker, but until then I'm happy with this.  :c1: What does the K/(A+K) ratio mean?
Swingin' Strawberry Banana|Banana Split|Strawberry Explosion|Strikin' Strawberry Kiwi|Rockin' Raspberry|Wild Watermelon

cabalier

• water
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 06:36:50 pm »

I tried it out after one round today, seems to be working fine. It'd be great if someone made an automatic stat tracker, but until then I'm happy with this.  :c1: What does the K/(A+K) ratio mean?

K/(A+K) is sort of a contrived statistic I made up myself. It's calculated by taking the number of kills and dividing by the number of kills plus the number of assists, so it represents the ratio of actual kills to attempts to kill. If you play aggressively, trying to hunt down individual targets and going for precision kills rather than control, you're likely to have a high K/(A+K). If you play more defensively or work more for area control and suppression (or if you just don't care about actually killing people), your K/(A+K) will be low. Consequently, classes like :x19: :x18: :x11: can be expected to have high K/(A+K) while classes like :x14: :x12: may have a lower value.

I got no good names to describe this statistic. Maybe "precision", but not really. Or "brutality".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:37:52 pm by cabalier »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 35 queries.