August 22, 2019, 10:37:40 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Poll

should cp_kistra be banned? (post thoughts in thread)

yeah
- 21 (72.4%)
no
- 8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: GG2 Clan Exhibition Winter League: oh well its canceled  (Read 25873 times)

21Dan

Re: official clan exhibition thread (winter league) (READ EVERYTHING)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:57:39 am »

European host: check  :c8: (Derp,Orpheon)

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 09:46:30 pm »

i'll add the euro hosts up.

make sure you guys get some teams in and restore my faith in this board
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 09:39:40 am »

you should use respawn waves from 5 to 10 seconds :angel:

Also I can host

and streamcast

and play for [nig] (if you need me to??? i just want to do something comp lol)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:33:03 am by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Footpöp

• Veteran Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »

My fundamental issue with respawn waves is that very few classes have the same or similar speed
it's pretty noticeable in gg2 where a runner can cross a whole map in a few seconds
Team /ABC/

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »

Wareya where are you located again

and idk about respawn waves theyve been a source of controversy
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:35 pm »

massachusetts (ISP is in albany new york)

and how the hell can respawn waves cause controversy, where did this happen
I just ran a search on the forums for "spawn wave" and didn't get anything dramatic about them at all

EDIT: I found a complaint from footpop on a server thread
http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=31903.msg1119485#msg1119485
and him complaining about this specific server's spawn waves at that specific time is the only negative thing on the forum i could find about them.
http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=32264.msg1118872#msg1118872
until i know exactly what settings were being used, all i can say is that this is a load of bullshit
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:20:57 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

21Dan

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

i'll add the euro hosts up.
make sure you guys get some teams in and restore my faith in this board
patience..oh and add them!

TwilightSparkleburst

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »

As before, I am offering a prize of $20 to the winning team ($25 for a 5v5 tournament).

I am offering the prize under these conditions:
The prize consists of a Steam game worth $5 or less for each winner. I will attempt to accommodate sales (say a game is $5 only for a few days and normally $10), but I make no guarantee that I will purchase the game in time. The game will be given within two months of the tournament's conclusion.
The prize is no longer valid after December 31st 2013.
At least 10 games (consisting of 3 ten minute matches each) must be played.
At the end of the tournament, all members and subs who played for the winning team will be ranked in order of the number of games they participated in (this would be up to 5 in a 6-team tournament). The top four players in this ranking (ideally, the members of the team) will be the players who receive prizes. Ties between members and subs will go in favor of the member; ties between subs will be chosen randomly through a transparent method. So, if a member is very lazy and doesn't play at all, and a substitute plays all of his games for him, the sub will receive that member's prize money.

Any player or group of players can make an agreement with me to change the way their prizes are distributed. Any such agreement requires unanimous approval by all involved parties (the members can't agree to not give the subs any money, unless the subs agree to it). Some agreements include:
  • Player decides to receive money through Paypal instead of a Steam game, or a game from some other digital distribution service.
  • All team members agree to give money to their captain, who will then distribute money as he/she wishes. Remark: If it turns out that a sub is part of the winning team (because he/she subbed for tons of matches), if the sub has not agreed to this, the captain will only receive $15 to distribute and the sub will receive $5.

If anyone wishes to join this prize pool and contribute money (and possibly request a change in the conditions), feel free to PM me so we can work things out.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:51:52 pm by TwilightSparkleburst »

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

This is just an exhibition and there is no guarantee, especially with a large amount of european players, that we wont have a bunch of postponed matches. I'd rather not work under the pressure of implementing your prize pool thing but if people want it whatever.
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Catman

• The Argumental
  • Veteran Member
  • Take on me
    • Yuki Yuki Yuki
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »

As before, I am offering a prize of $20 to the winning team ($25 for a 5v5 tournament).

I am offering the prize under these conditions:
The prize consists of a Steam game worth $5 or less for each winner. I will attempt to accommodate sales (say a game is $5 only for a few days and normally $10), but I make no guarantee that I will purchase the game in time. The game will be given within two months of the tournament's conclusion.
The prize is no longer valid after December 31st 2013.
At least 10 games (consisting of 3 ten minute matches each) must be played.
At the end of the tournament, all members and subs who played for the winning team will be ranked in order of the number of games they participated in (this would be up to 5 in a 6-team tournament). The top four players in this ranking (ideally, the members of the team) will be the players who receive prizes. Ties between members and subs will go in favor of the member; ties between subs will be chosen randomly through a transparent method. So, if a member is very lazy and doesn't play at all, and a substitute plays all of his games for him, the sub will receive that member's prize money.

Any player or group of players can make an agreement with me to change the way their prizes are distributed. Any such agreement requires unanimous approval by all involved parties (the members can't agree to not give the subs any money, unless the subs agree to it). Some agreements include:
  • Player decides to receive money through Paypal instead of a Steam game, or a game from some other digital distribution service.
  • All team members agree to give money to their captain, who will then distribute money as he/she wishes. Remark: If it turns out that a sub is part of the winning team (because he/she subbed for tons of matches), if the sub has not agreed to this, the captain will only receive $15 to distribute and the sub will receive $5.

If anyone wishes to join this prize pool and contribute money (and possibly request a change in the conditions), feel free to PM me so we can work things out.
This all fine but what if a EU clan wins? Or if members don't have Steam (or just have no use for it E.g. Me)?
My style is the best...
...so I challenge you!

TwilightSparkleburst

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 03:46:36 pm »

This is just an exhibition and there is no guarantee, especially with a large amount of european players, that we wont have a bunch of postponed matches. I'd rather not work under the pressure of implementing your prize pool thing but if people want it whatever.
I am offering a prize as a private party; you may run the tournament however you wish. If my conditions are met, I will dispense a prize, and if they are not met, I will not. I do not intend to pressure you in any way. At the very extreme, if you choose to simply ignore me entirely and construct a tournament that does not meet my conditions, I will be perfectly happy to keep my money.

This all fine but what if a EU clan wins? Or if members don't have Steam (or just have no use for it E.g. Me)?
As outlined in the conditions, players may request alternate forms of payment (for example, Paypal). I will try to accommodate such requests.
If you don't want any form of prize that I can offer, feel free to not accept it.

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 04:55:38 pm »

How many people can we list as official tourney team max? I don't mean those who will play, I mean those who could be chosen to play at any moment.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »

Up to 6
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
Re: official clan exhibition thread (winter league) (GET YOUR TEAMS IN)
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 03:53:20 am »

Intel, please decide whether a clan can make two teams or not.
Can't apply a team beforehand.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
Re: official clan exhibition thread (winter league) (GET YOUR TEAMS IN)
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:42 am »

You can have two teams lol
"god is dead."♫♫♫
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 38 queries.