April 29, 2024, 09:56:10 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 121121 times)

Valence

• Ancient Lurker
Re: Donations
« Reply #750 on: April 29, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

Donated 50$. Thought i might as well act like i bought a full game since i've been playing this game since forever.
Rip in peace Avanti: Map of the year all years

mrfredman

• Faucet Executive
  • Administrator
  • Shootin' Down Your Ideas Since 2008
    • My New Website
« Reply #751 on: April 30, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »

WOOOO! MORE MONEY FOR BEER!

Seriously though, I'd like to clear up some confusion regarding how donations work.

First, a generous member of the community donates monies to paypal. That money then sits in a paypal account doing nothing for months.

Then, mrfredman will have a chance encounter with a website that only accepts paypal as a payment option, at which point he will embezzle all of the money he needs to buy whatever useless thing he has his heart set on.

The next morning, he will wake up hungover and see what he has done the night before, and in his guilt he will reimburse the GG2 paypal account, usually adding a bit extra because he's a grownup with a salary and 401k now.

That money then sits in the account untouched for another several months, or until Medo or mfredman get a bill for webhosting or DNS registration, at which point mrfredman will wire the money to Medo to pay the bills.

I'm not sure what happens once the money reaches Medo, but I can only assume that courier is disintegrated by flying guard drones and the money is then converted to bitcoins to pay for a series of political assassinations.

And then we wait for more donations...

ajf

• (Ex-?)Developer and forum/web admin
  • she's never quite as dead as you think
« Reply #752 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:37 pm »

Actually, the money is taken from MedO's account and sent to the Greek government to try and remove their debts.
did you know that spinning stars work like this???

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #753 on: April 30, 2013, 01:08:24 pm »

And also used by the Greek to buy infrastructure and stuff from Germany, so we get our money back and they have even more debts.

Anyway, Valence and a/d, thanks for keeping that vicious circle alive! You can have a custom title and money intels if you want, thought I guess a/d is already good with his. Anyway, tell me what you want.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:08:49 pm by MedO »
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

ajf

« Reply #754 on: April 30, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »

If you donate $25 twice then you get admin rights.
(Based on a sample size of one and excluding other factors.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:09:56 pm by ajf »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. execute_strings on fire off the shoulder of Overmars. I watched object-beams glitter in the dark near the room_goto_fix. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

Valence

• Ancient Lurker
« Reply #755 on: April 30, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »

And also used by the Greek to buy infrastructure and stuff from Germany, so we get our money back and they have even more debts.

Anyway, Valence and a/d, thanks for keeping that vicious circle alive! You can have a custom title and money intels if you want, thought I guess a/d is already good with his. Anyway, tell me what you want.

Title: Ancient Lurker

I guess ill take the intels too, but just one intel would be nice even if i paid enough for more.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:23:08 pm by Valence »

ajf

« Reply #756 on: April 30, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

I guess ill take the intels too, but just one intel would be nice even if i paid enough for more.

Done. :z6:

Valence

• Ancient Lurker
« Reply #757 on: April 30, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »

Done. :z6:

I think i lost them bc my permissions broke and had to be fixed.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #758 on: April 30, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »

Yeah, ajf just reverted your settings until the new membergroup is set up properly (because that's what custom titles actually are...)
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Valence

• Ancient Lurker
« Reply #759 on: April 30, 2013, 02:11:29 pm »

O okay, thanks.  :z6:

ajf

« Reply #760 on: April 30, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »

OK, you're an Ancient Lurker now, all should be good.

a/d

• pro donglosaur
« Reply #761 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37:07 pm »

i am perfectly happy with what i have now

i am also quite happy because i'm pretty sure mrferdmang's avatar is a shitty ms paint thing i drew in irc years ago
go canada or whatever, maybe your country is cool too

21Dan

« Reply #762 on: April 30, 2013, 03:59:19 pm »

..mrferdmang's avatar is a shitty ms paint thing i drew in irc years ago.
*boom* New idea for my art thread. Also, I think I'll donate a few bucks sometime.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:00:19 pm by 21Dan »

mrfredman

• Faucet Executive
  • Administrator
  • Shootin' Down Your Ideas Since 2008
    • My New Website
« Reply #763 on: April 30, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »

..mrferdmang's avatar is a shitty ms paint thing i drew in irc years ago.
*boom* New idea for my art thread. Also, I think I'll donate a few bucks sometime.

Fredmang art thread!?
Necrobump plz
Then make me some new arts, looking at them makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

a/d

• pro donglosaur
« Reply #764 on: April 30, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

please find the picture of faucet hq i drew

you know the one
go canada or whatever, maybe your country is cool too
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 35 queries.