August 22, 2019, 10:18:11 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Idea: 4v4 3-round ctf_conflict single elimination tourney  (Read 14537 times)

Machidro

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Gardicolo time is over.
Re: Idea: 4v4 3-round ctf_conflict single elimination tourney
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:48 pm »

In other news, once the hurricane and apps are over, I'm up for a tourney.

It'd still probably be only three or so people though. If the tournament's just a glorified PUG, it's not worth a fuss.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:20:33 pm by Machidro »
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2012, 11:21:04 pm »

The issue isn't even about people lacking interest/nobody PMing you sign ups/whatever excuse.

The issue is that you had 4 weeks to post in this thread to cancel any plans. That's plenty of time, and clearly you weren't inactive on the forums during that time. How is anyone supposed to know who did and didn't PM you if you don't post any updates at all? If you wanted to let the thing die, then post that and let it die. I can understand that you were busy with other IRL things, but were you really so busy that you couldn't make a single update post saying that you were too busy to run this?

Quit playing victim by dodging this question with the whole 'no one gives a shit about gg2, so fuck this tournament' schtick. I'm not even criticizing anything about your character, personality, or the state of the community, nor do I care to. I think it's pretty annoying that you're swinging this whole apathetic community attitude as an excuse to be equally apathetic.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:51 am »

Okay then sorry
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

Machidro

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 12:06:11 am »

I think it's pretty annoying that you're swinging this whole apathetic community attitude as an excuse to be equally apathetic.

Agreed.

The issue is that you had 4 weeks to post in this thread to cancel any plans. That's plenty of time, and clearly you weren't inactive on the forums during that time. How is anyone supposed to know who did and didn't PM you if you don't post any updates at all? If you wanted to let the thing die, then post that and let it die. I can understand that you were busy with other IRL things, but were you really so busy that you couldn't make a single update post saying that you were too busy to run this?

But he did, in every single post he's made for the past 2 or so weeks. His signature currently says something along the lines of "TOURNEY THING CANCELLED TILL AFTER I APPLY TO COLLEGES". It seems like a fairly conspicuous way to say it's not happening.
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

Intel Guard

• GG2 Commentator
  • Retired Goja Warrior
  • the s*x number
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

I'm mature enough to admit I wasn't transparent with the thread but that was because I assumed I didn't need to with such little interest. That being said I was a bit stressed with the comment and now that I've cooled down I can rethink some shit about the tournament.
I've been listening to a bit of Green Day recently (past 2 months actually). Really raises the level of "fuckethesystem" in me.  :z5:
"god is dead."♫♫♫

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2012, 12:26:58 pm »

I and many others don't have signatures enabled.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.