January 25, 2022, 11:49:58 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Setup time before every match (High) [OPEN]  (Read 7025 times)

Sentry

• Seasoned Member
  • Bring back spinjumping
Setup time before every match (High) [OPEN]
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:28 am »

Why isn't this in yet? like just 5 of no one being able to move before the match starts. It would be really useful for competitive matches

Too bad the biggest factor in getting to mid early is how fast you can choose your team, which is really stupid and why we need freezetime.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:11:39 am by Wareya »

Nukleus

Re: Setup time before every match
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:55 am »

Yeah I don't see why not, just have the same deal as arena, only 5 seconds not ten.

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:16:58 am »

Yes, 5-10 seconds freezetime should be added.

Humble Master

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Maker of Drakora
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »

I agree, it gives people a chance to look at the map and work some things out based on it.
Finally returned

/THA/high5ghost)RA(

• Seasoned Member
  • The proud owner of the GG2 graveyard :)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

Yes thank you, I always miss getting in at the last second because of things. This drastically helps.
One can not truly predict oneself's future, but only work towards the future he dreams to have.

BillyBobJoe

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:31 pm »

YES

Machidro

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 12:56:04 am »

Yes. I recommend the way arena does it.

You get 10 seconds to pick a class, and if you have your class and team set during that time, you can go take a quick look around the map to form a battle plan. If you already know the map, you can have a quick prematch skirmish. Everyone wins.
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

Yuko

• Ace Asstorney
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:13 am »

I definitely support this, the way arena does it. Getting to look at your team/the map for 10 seconds pre-match is extremely useful.

LOLJESUS

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:21:53 am »

I also support this. Preferably ten seconds rather than five.

Humble Master

• Maker of Drakora
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 10:50:55 am »

put up a simple yes or no poll.
Finally returned

Dusty

• Dust in a box under a table
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 11:09:08 am »

Actually it'd be a "yes - a 5 second setup, yes - a 10 second set up, or no"

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:55 pm »

It should be 5 seconds max. In a pug you will need like 2 seconds to choose your team and class, because you already know what you want. On a public server you'll probably need between 3 and 6 seconds because you've got to adjust to your team, but at the same time it won't really matter if you're maybe 2 seconds late in a public game. The players won't play perfectly and the marginal advantage of having a 2 second head start won't matter compared to other bigger factors, like having one more player on your team or one teammate deciding not to play spy or one teammate deciding to actually play medic or having one more forumer on your team, etc.

Machidro

• Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 12:40:33 pm »

It should be 5 seconds max. In a pug you will need like 2 seconds to choose your team and class, because you already know what you want. On a public server you'll probably need between 3 and 6 seconds because you've got to adjust to your team, but at the same time it won't really matter if you're maybe 2 seconds late in a public game. The players won't play perfectly and the marginal advantage of having a 2 second head start won't matter compared to other bigger factors, like having one more player on your team or one teammate deciding not to play spy or one teammate deciding to actually play medic or having one more forumer on your team, etc.

I feel it should remain 10 seconds, for multiple reasons.

First, it has all the advantages that a 5 second start up has. Second, it's already implemented as such for arena, so it would be a matter of simply copy and pasting the code, ensuring implementation. Finally, with five seconds you may have enough time to pick your own team and class correctly, but you have no time to adapt your choices if you feel your team chose poorly, something 10 seconds allows.
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

Bender Rodriguez

• Palmtop Tiger
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 12:50:29 pm »

Personally I think it's completely unnecessary.  The vast majority of games played are PUB matches and, as explained by Agh, a few seconds in the beginning is completely negligible.  Yes, it might be nice for comp matches but you'd think those players would be prepared going in.

Also, about "adapting your choices": you can always switch classes during the match.  Maybe you'll be down a cap because of it, but it's not like you have to stick with class you started with.
Cheers,

Bender Rodriguez

Sentry

• Seasoned Member
  • Bring back spinjumping
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:59:00 pm »

Personally I think it's completely unnecessary.  The vast majority of games played are PUB matches and, as explained by Agh, a few seconds in the beginning is completely negligible.  Yes, it might be nice for comp matches but you'd think those players would be prepared going in.

Also, about "adapting your choices": you can always switch classes during the match.  Maybe you'll be down a cap because of it, but it's not like you have to stick with class you started with.
But there is no real reason not to add it, other than just "because it's not entirely necessary".
honestly, it does no harm to anyone, and everyone is happy.

alternatively, maybe hosts have an option to turn off or on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 36 queries.